Author Topic: Free Mechwarrior Mercenaries  (Read 9248 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: Free Mechwarrior Mercenaries
It's fun, but I miss the epic MW2 soundtrack. :(

Also, forget the Marauder II. Get a Behemoth II instead and have fun with that railgun.

Both can mount the railgun, they both have that...9-slot ballistic mount for their dorsal gun.
I guess I'll get both :D
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
:wtf:

Mercenaries don't work for free.

And that one was a major boost to nobility...

I miss the MW2 soundtrack too!!! If only the source audio was louder! :(
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
It's fun, but I miss the epic MW2 soundtrack. :(

Also, forget the Marauder II. Get a Behemoth II instead and have fun with that railgun.

Both can mount the railgun, they both have that...9-slot ballistic mount for their dorsal gun.
I guess I'll get both :D

Both can mount it, but only the Behemoth II actually gets one included with the chassis when you buy. :)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oh...right that :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

MECHWARRIOR IS BACK! MEKTEK CRASHES HARD DURING RELEASE!

I chuckled.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
I'm playing it, joined the DarkStar Alliance group, playing under DSA_Vrga, if you see me on sometime, say hi :D
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
This IS NOT MechWarrior, but it's also free:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=10769

Old abandonware game by Laminar Research - just punch in any six-digit code and it will unlock the program. This is just a "take it for what it's worth" kind of deal here. On the bright side, it is moddable to a degree, though I'd really love to be able to hack into the mechs themselves or create new ones from scratch. Perhaps that's possible...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Does this game stick remotely to canon?

Are any of the Celestial-series omnis in there?

Offline mxlm

Remotely? Sure. More than that...not really.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Does this game stick remotely to canon?

Are any of the Celestial-series omnis in there?

The game is set pre-WoB-Jihad. No Celestials.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

MW4: Mercs is set during the FedCom Civil War and you can side with either Katrina Steiner or Victor Steiner-Davion.

I always go Davion since I like being noble.  Plus being noble can get you a (Jade Falcon?) Star Colonel as bondsman.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
MW4: Mercs is set during the FedCom Civil War and you can side with either Katrina Steiner or Victor Steiner-Davion.

I always go Davion since I like being noble.  Plus being noble can get you a (Jade Falcon?) Star Colonel as bondsman.

yer she's a jade falcon and she makes a good 2nd lance leader
and a
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
That reminds me did the new Mechwarrior game end up being miscarried due to legal shenanigans with the Robotechwankers?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline mxlm

No, the 'new' MW game's problem is and always has been that it doesn't have a publisher.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Oh good, they're not like Fafnirs/Templars?
I donno how much they changed the campaign.

They didn't change the campaign, but it looks like some (not sure about the 1337ness of them) hax that allow all mech types to appear on the free market, not just the Vanilla mechs.  I rolled over the map with Marauders, Behemoths, Pitbulls and Blood Asps almost immediately after I got off Halloran.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

I know that; I played it to death. But if the game is going off the canon reservation in so many respects I was hoping for some sweet hardware.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

I know that; I played it to death. But if the game is going off the canon reservation in so many respects I was hoping for some sweet hardware.
It doesn't change the campaign at all, it just adds the mektek mechs and official mech packs to the free market (along with the new weapons).
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

I think he was referring to Mercs itself and not the MekTek stuff.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Ah, I see. In that case, I don't know, I'm almost clueless on any of battletechs canon.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Gray Death Legion email: "JOIN STEINER SAVE THE PRINCESS"
company email: "screw that lets join Davion and get our clan ace to blow fafnirs up lulz"

Though in a universe like BattleTech where everyone is just too damn evil, the chances of finding some good is actually dead zero... Maybe the rogue ending would have been better (our own base!!!!) but I can never bring myself to join Steiner "for a while" just to get to that point LOL
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."