Author Topic: More about capital ship moding  (Read 1571 times)

acs07

More about capital ship moding
I'm having difficulty using blender, is there an eaisier program to use?  And, I have been currently using truespace2 trail to make my capital ship.  Is there any restrictions or rules(limitations) on what the ship should have or should not have.  And last if anybody has a working example in truespace format that I could look at.  I learn better by seing an example.  MY email is [email protected].

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
It's all what you're used to. I hate trueSpace, and like Blender. You obviously have it the other way around  

Poly limit: about 800/subobject
Sobject limit: It's better to not use subobjects unless you have to, except for turrets

Can't think of any more right now. Never ran into any other problems  

acs07

I'm starting to use blender and ive designed the hull of the ship I want but putting on the four engines is a challenge.  If anyone is interested in helping me make a ship i can email you the current blender file I've been working on.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Max Sterling is great at modelling especially in Blender, you can contact him through  [email protected] .  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I just downloaded the the startrek runabout and the uss enterprise D i tryed to covert them to pof and it worked Only i dont know how to texture a large ship coretly  

------------------
          [email protected]                    hello,great bb
we all die but when we die we die togheter.
its a good day to die now
all your spacecrak belongs to me

[This message has been edited by darkage (edited 04-01-2001).]
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.