MediaVPs 3.8 Discussion Thread

(1/22) > >>

mjn.mixael:
Discussion goes here.

Nightmare:
Yay DL'ing. :)

Novachen:
Well, some small notes.

I thought the version scheme was changed from version numbers to years in 2014, because it is more independent from builds this way?

I actually dislike the inclusion of Voice Files in the general MVPs that replace retail ones and so replace voice files from another language release.
Such language specific files should be in a own optional VP, imo.

The inclusion of the 2_HUD can cause problems in the same way, too, because French and German FS2 has some different HUD gauges with own sizes and the Retail 2_ ones of them are actually not very good usuable by normal means, because there are several times larger than the english 2_ ones.

But apart from that, it was about time. Thank you for the effort :)

Nightmare:
Well you could've said that before release?

Shouldn't cause any new problems at least. The HUD never displayed things such as Abschüsse properly anyway.

Also, if we're already at that, I tried to get INF (and MVPs) to run on Diaspora (making it standalone), but it always crashed on the briefing screen due to interface tiles shipped with them, so the experiments failed. Not that it would be any sort of relevant though.

Novachen:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on August 13, 2018, 04:21:58 pm ---Well you could've said that before release?

Shouldn't cause any new problems at least. The HUD never displayed things such as Abschüsse properly anyway.

Also, if we're already at that, I tried to get INF (and MVPs) to run on Diaspora (making it standalone), but it always crashed on the briefing screen due to interface tiles shipped with them, so the experiments failed. Not that it would be any sort of relevant though.

--- End quote ---

Well, at least the voice files are an old problem that was surely discussed in the MediaVP2014 years ago. So it is only a problem that is still present in the new version too... but well, i hoped that i do not have to write VP extracting manuals anymore, so that people are able to extract the german voice files to use them with MVPs  :D

And for the HUD thing, actually it would not be a problem if they would includes the 2_ hud from the english sparky_hi from the CDs too. Because in my DVD version, it is not only the kill gauge that is larger, the Radar goes over half my screen in this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version