Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R Chernobyl and Clear Sky  (Read 2911 times)

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Chernobyl and Clear Sky
Has anyone played either of them? I played Chernobyl for a while, and I remember I had alot of fun with it. Raping the Duty camp, pillaging Freedom, and running piss-scared from Bloodsuckers. The mods only made it better. Then I lost that game when my computer tanked. Has anybody played Clear Sky? They say it's the same engine as Chernobyl. They're both pretty buggy, but the patches covered them up.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline aRaven

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R Chernobyl and Clear Sky
alot

lol...

i played shadow of c. a bit but it got boring after a while...but its not as boring as far cry 2

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I love the alot sign..

But I must say, Stalker: Chernobyl is one of my favorite FPS games. I just take my custom assault rifle, load a scope on to it, and unleash hell on everything. I also got the mod that allows faction wars, so I found their battlegrounds, and destroyed everything. Hopefully my next computer can run Clear Sky.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 11:17:46 am by azile0 »

. <--- There it is.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Clear Sky isn't supposed to be as good, mostly due to glitches.

I loved Shadow of Chernobyl, though. Tremendously atmospheric, fantastic AI and combat.

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
The first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game was all kinds of awesome, but I didn't like the fact that there was no way to repair weapons that had worn down from extended use.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game was all kinds of awesome, but I didn't like the fact that there was no way to repair weapons that had worn down from extended use.

Try the Oblivion Lost mod. Everyone seems to use it.

Offline GenericCorvette

• Lolikyon~!
There's a repair mod. It's in larger mods like OL but you can get it by itself if you don't want anything but the repairing.
:|

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie

Try the Oblivion Lost mod. Everyone seems to use it.

Call me a heretic, but my favorite mod is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Redux.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Oblivion lost was fun, but they went way overboard on the power of metamorphed artifacts.  By the endgame, I was not merely bulletproof, but I actually absorbed bullets and used them to repair my armor.

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I used the Nightmare mods. Made the night scary. Bloodsuckers, ghosts, zombies, and controllers. Epic win. I didn't like Oblivion Lost much, though.

. <--- There it is.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Chernobyl and Clear Sky?

buggy.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Chernobyl and Clear Sky?

buggy.

Chernobyl is pretty stable for me...

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
You need to do some serious patching, and there are some unofficial patches out there. I think the most annoying bug in 1.0 was the save files randomly getting corrupted.

. <--- There it is.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I bought Shadow of Chernobyl over Steam and it crashed a lot, then I got a cracked .exe and it runs better. :blah:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
You shouldn't say that you get cracked .exe files, because that's still considered piracy. You can keep the game, and re-sell it. One copy could feed the world with that method. But that doesn't surprise me. Steam sucks.

. <--- There it is.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
You shouldn't say that you get cracked .exe files, because that's still considered piracy. You can keep the game, and re-sell it. One copy could feed the world with that method. But that doesn't surprise me. Steam sucks.
Wait, what? I know using cracked .exes is technically illegal. I didn't post any links, so the HLP administration doesn't care. Government agencies and software publishers don't troll message boards looking for people to prosecute so I'm not worried about a lawsuit, and I paid for the game so I feel satisfied morally. I just saw conflicting posts on whether STALKER is buggy or not and though I'd share my own experience to possibly shed some light on things for other people.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I shouldn't have spoken. One mention of piracy drives people into a screaming fit. Letsgetbackontopicshallwe?

Unfortunately, there's no Mac version of Chernobyl or Clear Sky. Have to wait.

. <--- There it is.