Author Topic: Shivan Strikecraft Upgrade Status  (Read 64533 times)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Re: Shivan Strikecraft Upgrade Status
UPDATE: Still working on the Basilisk; the model is proving harder to texture than expected.  Manticore mesh still needs repairs.  Sent finished Nahema package to FSU; no results yet.

In any case, we expect the Basilisk to be completed and the Manticore to be ready for texturing by sometime next week.  Please visit this thread for future updates.

Also, does anyone have a copy of the HTL Astaroth Bobboau made back several years ago?  We asked him for permission to work on the model and received it, but we cannot find the mesh anywhere.  If anyone still has a copy, please kindly contribute it to the FSU.

-INFTeam
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:03:34 pm by Rampage »

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
We will be taking a break from this project for the next couple of weeks to finish something more urgent in the Inferno project.  During this time, we will continue to monitor all input the Community might have regarding this project.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I don't really think you have to talk in the plural.  :nervous:

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I don't really think you have to talk in the plural.  :nervous:

He's not referring to HIMSELF in the sense of a plural or Royal "we", but to the INF team as a whole or the members of it that are engaged in the projects. If he just said "I" but was merely the message facilitator, then he'd be taking gratuitous credit for work not done by himself. As an example.

And that was a rather rude way of putting that Battuta. You could have PM'd "So, why are your non-INF board posts always in the plural-person sense?". And if you already knew that AND you posted that way ANYWAY, then I'll have to ask that you please not do that here.

Rampage: The FSU thanks you for the unexpected and delightful progress that has been made, we have a lot to do ourselves.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline peterv

failed attempt to translate Rampage's signature: "If we say that we are united with Him (the God) and yet we walk in the dark, then we're lying and we don't live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, just as He (the God) lives in the light, then we are united with each other, and the blood of Jesus, who is His Son (God's Son) cleanses us from all our sin".

I also second this:

Rampage: The FSU thanks you for the unexpected and delightful progress that has been made, we have a lot to do ourselves.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
And that was a rather rude way of putting that Battuta. You could have PM'd "So, why are your non-INF board posts always in the plural-person sense?". And if you already knew that AND you posted that way ANYWAY, then I'll have to ask that you please not do that here.

what even I

Rampage and I have spoken on PM before, I trust him not to take offense.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
It was an innocent question and I do not take offense.

Zacam is right; in Inferno, we work as a team, and when I post elsewhere on stuff done by the team I represent not only myself but Inferno.

Just as an update, the Basilisk is fully UVmapped, and if someone wants to have a stab at texturing it, just post here and we'll release the 3DS file.  The Manticore is still giving us a lot of trouble at this moment.  And for all other updates, please refer to the first page of this post from time to time.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I definitely appreciate all your team is doing. . . it's just the "we are the collective" thing is kinda freaking me out :P

(It's perfectly fine, and doing the Shivan strikecraft is a godsend from all of you)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Update: We have officially hit a roadblock in HTLing the Basilisk and the Manticore.  Attention has been refocused on HTLing the two meshes that  :v: hastily put together: Astaroth and the Aeshma.  This will be a challenge.

INFTeam

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
What is this so-called "roadblock"?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I dont know if this will help but the attachment is a WIP on the SF Aeshma I started, it is still very rudimentary and I have lost momentum on the project but I thought some of the ideas in the might prove useful.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
What is this so-called "roadblock"?

We're having trouble UVmapping BrotherBryon's Basilisk and DaBrain's Manticore has too many geometry errors to count.

...a WIP on the SF Aeshma I started, it is still very rudimentary...

Not a bad starting place; we'll see what we can do.

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Which version of the Basilisk did you guys get? The original sketch-up model was in really bad shape when I imported it into blender and it took me forever to fix it up. The blender model should be pretty clean though and I wouldn't mind going over it again as I've learned a few more things since then.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
The blender model should be pretty clean though and I wouldn't mind going over it again as I've learned a few more things since then.

The mesh is fine, actually.  I'm just too lazy to fix the current UV coordinates near the arms.  But other than that, it's practically done.

Rampage

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Designation [HTL] Astaroth!

Polycount: ~1220 untriangulated

INFTeam
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:29:08 pm by Rampage »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm not sure that I like this upgrade.  The the whole design makes it look less "fragile" than the original... particularly in the neck.  Also, the angles on the head and the belly (where the neck starts) don't look to have enough sharpness and acute angles to my eyes.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
IMHO what really made :v: Astaroth look fragile was its extremely low polycount. ;)

I can make the neck thinner, but what do others think?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm...tentatively with Trivial Psychic. I absolutely appreciate your work, and I know public feedback can be unreliable, but the Astaroth's always been a favorite and this doesn't quite capture the delicacy of the design. It's like a hulked out Astaroth.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Ew (sorry), it looks like you fused the Aeshma with the Astaroth.
IMO it needs more spikes and thinning down, less blocky.

More spikes. More sharp ridges.
Less beveled flat surfaces plz.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Kolgena

Ew (sorry), it looks like you fused the Aeshma with the Astaroth.
IMO it needs more spikes and thinning down, less blocky.

More spikes. More sharp ridges.
Less beveled flat surfaces plz.

This. The first thing I thought when I saw the second pic was "Wow, nice Aeshma." followed by "Wait, that's not an Aeshma."