Author Topic: Forgotten Legacies Teaser Mission  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Forgotten Legacies Teaser Mission
Well even if I wanted to make it SCP I cant since I dont have SCP on this computer. Mainly because I cant be bothered to get winrar.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
New members don't ask infos about getting SCP builds like I did,they already have them and their first posts are all about problems installing the builds they have.

In poor words, nobody uses the Retail now.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's a matter of quality over quantity [of players], and personally I always opt for the former. Go with whatever feels right, but keep in mind you're seriously handicapping yourself by making it retail compatable in this day and age, which is what I assume LGMobius was getting at.
I'm assuming that's what LGM was getting at too, but there are some (not many) reasons to keep using retail.  Some people don't have computers (or video cards) that can run the SCP; some have the unfortunate luck to keep running into bugs; some, like Cobra, can't install the SCP correctly; and some, like Selectah, refuse to use the SCP on philosophical grounds.

There's also the legacy support option.  We're keeping ST:R compatible with retail because the Port'ed Main FreeSpace Campaign and Silent Threat are compatible with retail.  Not providing FS2-compatible versions for campaigns that worked on FS1 would be a dumb decision IMHO.

That doesn't preclude us from using SCP enhancements, of course.  Version 3.0 of the Port has tons of improvements that work in FSO but are simply deactivated in retail.