Author Topic: "Freespace 2: Halo" is Back!  (Read 41111 times)

Offline Devrous

• SPARTAN-151
  • RAMPANT AI
    • FS2H
Re: "Freespace 2: Halo" is Back!
Thanks for the praise; helps give me determination  :D

I originally planned on the demo to be released back in May, but my computer went dead for a month, so it got pushed back to June/July. Since then I've been in a wedding, had an uncle die/funeral to go to, and my cousin is going to be a mother. All in all, it has been a helluva summer for me. I just got back from wedding/funeral (two weeks of travelling and prep), and I'm hitting the mission material hard so I can get a sort of Beta Demo out by the end of July. Once out, I'll be taking any info people can give me about glitches, bugs, and broken mission events. Then I'll finish up Chapter One and finalize a release by (hopefully) the first of September. You may or may not know, but Halo 3 comes out on September 25. I have no illusion that Halo fans would rather play my mod, so I'm not going to try and compete with it, but I do want FS2H out before the gaming communities are swamped by Halo 3 press. Chapter Two will be released by winter, and that is when FS2H will either make it or not.

Chapter One is human-on-human fighting, so Chapter Two is very important. And yes I'll include a copy of FRED2 in the releases. I'm sure that the best Halo missions will be made by people here in the FS2 community, not me. But I will give it an honest try  :)

Offline Wolfy

good luck with that. Cant wait to get my hands on the dmeo :)

Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

I don't think Bungie would mind you using the Marathon icon, as those games have been released for free.  At least, they probably wouldn't do anything about it.

I can't wait to play it.  And don't worry about halo 3, its not like we're always going to be playing it.  In fact, I'll only get to play it a weekend out of every few weeks, as my brother owns our 360 and is at college :(
So keep makin it! :D

I sure earned it, didn't I?  :P

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I originally planned on the demo to be released back in May, but my computer went dead for a month, so it got pushed back to June/July. Since then I've been in a wedding, had an uncle die/funeral to go to, and my cousin is going to be a mother. All in all, it has been a helluva summer for me.

Uhm...

My computer went dead for more than a month....I'm going away for a wedding the next month, one of my cousins died, another cousin became mother. Oh, and one of my dogs died today.

Welcome aboard, Devrous! :blah:

Chapter One is human-on-human fighting, so Chapter Two is very important. And yes I'll include a copy of FRED2 in the releases. I'm sure that the best Halo missions will be made by people here in the FS2 community, not me. But I will give it an honest try  :)

I'd recommend it :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Graham

Out of all the projects I see here, I have to say this one excites me the most. Especially if we will see ships actually move when high-kinetic MAC rounds hit them!

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
:welcomesilver:

You probably will. And welcome to the HLPBB! :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Graham

I should point out that I am a student in Videogame Development, so I am aiming to use my 3DS MAX skills to get some models done. Hopefully I'll be able to help out at some point in the future. I can't wait for a demo! :D

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
Someone must help Devrous. He needs more modellers, FREDders, texturers, coders...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Out of all the projects I see here, I have to say this one excites me the most. Especially if we will see ships actually move when high-kinetic MAC rounds hit them!

They won't move. They'll just be vaporized from the instant explosion. :nervous:

Or was that the super MAC that did that?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Graham

They won't move. They'll just be vaporized from the instant explosion. :nervous:

Or was that the super MAC that did that?

Super MAC. The novels describe ship-bourne MAC rounds as punching holes in targets, knocking them back, before causing huge shipboard explosions. :D

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Into thew Dawn, The AMber Clad, and The Pillar of Autumn smakking the pants off a Sathanis......   ;7

Can't wait..... :cool:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh god. :blah:

And you realize that there will be no SathanAs in FS2:H, right?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
And you realize that there will be no SathanEs in FS2:H, right?

Corrected :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Wolfy

ah, 3rd time right :)
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
And you realize that there will be no SathanEs in FS2:H, right?

Corrected :P

Plural is Sathanii, and it necessarily doesn't have to be plural. For God's sake, people have been treating me like I know nothing this week. :hopping:

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
:wtf:

The plural is Sathanes. The dual is...well, I don't know it. I should ask...

ah, 3rd time right :)

Glow text? :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Graham

Into thew Dawn, The AMber Clad, and The Pillar of Autumn smakking the pants off a Sathanis......   ;7

Can't wait..... :cool:

Maybe, however I would like to see the In Amber Clad, and Onward Unto Dawn in battles :P

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:wtf:

The plural is Sathanes. The dual is...well, I don't know it. I should ask...

You know what? Fine. use your own crappy vocabulary. But don't ever correct me.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
BOTH of you guys are wrong, anyway. Sathanas is a first declension masculine Greek noun.  The nominative plural is therefore Sathanai, not "Sathanes" or "Sathanii".
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.