Author Topic: Mouse isn't registering  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Seraph

• Shivan Pilot, designation: Seraph
Mouse isn't registering
So I reinstalled Freespace 1 and my mouse isn't registering ingame.
In the lobby for like, tech room, profile, options, etc its fine but when I go into the loadout screen in multiplayer or campaign it won't grab the ships or weapons and when I start a mission or multiplayer match it won't steer the ship.

So I went under controls to see if I could change it and when I click on x or y axis and click bind it won't bind to any other keys.

Well naturally I came here to the forums to see if anyone else has had this problem and I went back to the like the fifth page and haven't found anything.

Yes the game is under games and not files.

Oh and hi guys, I'm new here haha...

And lastly my mouse is wireless, would that have anything to do with it?

Shivan1: Want to hear a joke?

Shivan2: Sure.

Shivan1: The GTVA Colossus.

Shivans 1+2: Hahahahahah!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Mouse isn't registering
:welcome:

Hmm...what OS are you running?  Depending on that and/or your hardware, FS1 might have some issues with running properly, though I don't know if I've ever heard of this one specifically.  Playing around with compatibility mode, specifically trying Windows 95/98 mode, might yield you some success.  Also, make sure you have the mouse enabled on the main options menu, although having it disabled shouldn't prevent you from adjusting your loadout like that.

If you own FreeSpace 2, you might want to try playing the FreeSpace Port, which converts the FS1 campaign and all its assets over to FS2.

Offline Parias

Yeah, the engine implementation used by Freespace 1 these days is pretty darned antiquated. You'd be way better off to get Frreespace 2 and install the FS1 port mod - it works pretty much flawlessly and carries everything over, and in the long run will both look and function much, much better.

Offline Seraph

• Shivan Pilot, designation: Seraph
Fixed... mostly...

Yeah and I've been getting the whole rainbow problem with FS1 like I do starcraft 1 lol.

Anyways for the most part it work now, but it will sometimes not let me pick weapons (Yes I know some missions don't let you change the loadout) but the missions don't have anything to do with it most of the time it won't let me...

But yes, I'll be reinstalling freespace 2 soon, and thanks for the advise guys.
Shivan1: Want to hear a joke?

Shivan2: Sure.

Shivan1: The GTVA Colossus.

Shivans 1+2: Hahahahahah!