Author Topic: campaigns  (Read 14222 times)

Hello.

I have a little problem with the campaigns order.
I finished the Raider Wars, in the end i received a message that next campaign is the EA Civil war.
There is no campaign with such name. Just several Clark's elite forces campaigns.
Is there any list of campaigns sorted by a plot time?

PS
Sorry for my bad english

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
to be absolutely honest i have no idea......

im sure some one will post and give you some help...; but if not try some of the vidmaster stuff this will help with your gameplay....;
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

but if not try some of the vidmaster stuff
Sorry, but could you explain me what did you intended to say?

Can anyone tlell me if there are campaigns from shadow war, EA civil war (for one of the B5 pilots)?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The Fortune Hunters campaign(s), for example.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

You sure???
Looks like it's pirate campaign.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The problem is that the EA Civil War campaign suffers from severe existence failure. So, unfortunately, there is no direct continuation of the Raider Wars campaign, and you'll have to play other campaigns, until and unless EACW gets picked up again.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
The problem is that the EA Civil War campaign suffers from severe existence failure.

the campaign is still in the works, Skullar is working on it. Problem is, Skullar's presence here is very infrequent and nobody has an idea when it will be finished.
I could be done tomorrow or never.

If you want a plot time list, the problem is that most campaigns never ever reference each other or have anything to do with others. The exception here is my stuff, since I am doing that on purpose.
Campaigns that take place during the Shadow War are Dark Children and Fortune Hunters, especially the later.
Unfortunately, that one still lacks voice-acting. There are of course the B5 Starfury Pilot Missions too but those are single missions of varying quality and usually brutal difficulty. (My stuff is hard? Try out those!)

Shadows do appear in other campaigns as well.

Worth playing is of course everything BUT I recommend Orph's campaigns in particular, for example Drums of War.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:47:42 am by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Skullar

Yeah, been absent for a while, but I have yet again picked up EA CIVIL WAR stuff.
Problem is.... missing voiceactors.

I have decided to ignore the matter for now and do some more fredding..... It is extremely hard to get people do voiceacting, and I can only be online once a week or so.

Too few to supervise voiceacting gathering.

However... missions 1 to 13 are in the making and have nice raw versions already, speeding up the civil war campaigns means to do VOICEACTING !!!!!

B5 Starfury Pilot Missions

??????????????????????????????????????????????????
I can't find something like this in campaigns list (I installed the DVD version).

Can you give the URL to this pack???
Problem is.... missing voiceactors.
Can't imagine there is nobody to make a voice part of the game. Hundreds of game fans and no volunteers to help with voices???

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Any problems i have to know before installing this????

And VERY, VERY MUCH THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I likes the B5 universe from the first book and the first film.

I dreamed about the B5 game for 4-5 years.
And now i finally can fly onboard the Starfury :).

Very much thanks to all of you  :yes:

Bad news :(
Downloaded
Installed
Found the B5SFP.vp
Can't find this camapaign in game.

Can anyone tell what the name of this campaign in game???

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
This isn't a campaign, it's a collection of single missions, that can be accessed with the mission simulator.

Understood
Thanx

PS Pity i can't chose weapons for fiter (hate that thunderbolt's repid firing gun :( )

I would suggest playing Fortune Hunters next. That whole pirate thing put me of a bit at first as well because i pretty much always play as "the good guys" but those campaigns where awsome. I really loved the characters. They just grow on you. Story-driven and athmospheric mods like that are, at least for me, the best. You play as a group of pirates with high morale standards. Later even that changes and you become something much more.
But i don't want to spoil that for you so i will stop now.

The only problem i had was that the second campaign always crashed when i wanted to start it. I had to download a different version of it because the one from the dvd didn't work for me. (The one in this topic: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52151.0.html  It has a slightly older date i think.)

After that it all worked (as long as you remember to use the inferno for 2260).

hmmmm...
Pirates with high moral standarts...   :lol:
I am afraid i can't play that campaign :(.
I have a little problem with games.  I always try to behave in the game as if it is a real world.
In original FS2 campaign it was a really hard for me to play the spy missions in NTF space (when i was forced to fire on vasudans, and later, when we began to shoot in the backs of NTF pilots). If we need to fight only with other pirates it would be aceptible for me... But to fight with the police forces...

Offline captain-custard

never forget young luke " that the real world is far more complicated than black and white , the police are corrupt, the governements kill citizens, .......

may your choces be wise and your path be true

may the force be with you
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

never forget young luke " that the real world is far more complicated than black and white
*With a dull voice of Anakin Skywalker talking with Obi-Van*
Yes Master
the police are corrupt

If they are corrupt, why are they hunting the pirats?
Corupted policeman are flying elswere, only honest ones are trying to do smth...

the governements kill citizens
Unguilty untill proved otherwise - pirates are defintely kills people! Remember the liner with a nuke onboard and a fighters shooting the pods?
Cargo ships full of refugees... dead refugees after a raid.

may your choces be wise and your path be true
*The same dull voice*
Yes master...
may the force be with you
And with you master.

Offline captain-custard

"waves hand"

this is not real luke

"waves the other hand"

this is fantasy

"waves both hands"

now clean your room

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
May I point out that Hunters has a Freespace Wiki article for the interested?

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Fortune_Hunters_-_2259
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.