Author Topic: campaigns  (Read 14221 times)

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Some missions are tricky try to figure out a trick.
Too bad I don't remember my tricks for those missions anymore.
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

True.
But so far i tried everything i could think of.
Destroing fighters, attacked Enfilly that moment.
Destroying the Drakh transport.
Once i destroyed 7 fighters from the first wave (the ones from the base) before they reach Enfilly. Just match my speed with them, turned on gliding and began target practice - they didn't even notice me, just ignored untill we reach the Enfilly.
Tried to lure fighters out of their wey or intercept before they reach Enfilly - mostly they ignored me. just 2 of them tried to intercept me - enough for me to divert my attention to them because i was alone.

Too bed that predictive targeting system can't work properly with beam weapons - allied fighters miss to much (I saw my wingmate firing at point in front of shadow fighter while he had a clear shot.

PS is there any way to know who is firing my target (ex - want to know who of enemy fighters is firing at Enfilly and destroy them)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 05:12:05 pm by Skywalker »

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
PS is there any way to know who is firing my target (ex - want to know who of enemy fighters is firing at Enfilly and destroy them)

yes there is in your key set up there is an option for targeting your targets enemy , i cant tell you what the default is because i remapped my keyboard a long time ago, just have a look down the list in targeting ...;

ps im sure some one else will post the correct key soon
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

targeting your targets enemy
That what i needs to know, thanks :) (i have a bad vision and its uncomfortable for me to carefully read lists such the one of the keys in game, sometimes i even forget what i wanted to find when i read half of the list).
ps im sure some one else will post the correct key soon
Not neccesary :)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
a small hint by the creator of said mission
ALL are attacking the Enfili.  :D
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

a small hint by the creator of said mission
ALL are attacking the Enfili.
Ooo thank you very much...
I didn't notice it and this is detail nearly impossible to notice.
Now, when i have such magnificent piece of universal enlightement i can esily became invincible, powerfull, idiot-annoying spider-little spider-bug-spider-badguy-proof. But i still need a little more to defend the Enfilly. perhaps 3 wings of Vorlon Fighters would be enough... Or Hercules with a quiver of his divine self-guided arrows - they are hard poisoned with a saliva of the Cerberus, so it must be perfect against Vorlon and Shadow ships... Maybe I need the absence of "Harvester" and presence of another wing of minbary fighter, or at leasT a PRESENCE OF ALL THAT MINBARY PILOTS, MENTIONED IN BREEFINGS, WHICH TOOK ALL OTHER FIGHTERS FROM THE ENFILLI TO ACCOMPANY US IN THIS MISSION...
Or, but it's just unrelizible dreams, a bit more applied minbary fighter designer and a less cheating enemy.

Offline Vidmaster

oh, it seems my campaign pissed sb off. Calm down pal, it's a game.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

*With demonic psychopatic voice*
"YESS ITSS A GAME... MY GAME... "

Well joking aside. It is really very hard and cheating mission - just like the one before it...
And, about briefing.
There is a mention about player's request to pilot minbary fighter. But Niset answered, that she would prefer to have her own pilots there. Almost every fighters were ocupy,  only 3 left.
Minbary "Sharlin" class Battlecruiser can cary 15 "Nial" Fighters.
There are only 3 of us there.
"Harvester" can't cary "Nial" fighters. So what the hell is she doing there???? Playing a sitting duck? She is just a burden there.
And where the hell are other 12 fighers???
And, if "Harvester" caried us all that time, it's mean that hangers of Enfilly were full, so we must be accompanied by 15 fighters. Or, if Hangers are damaged - the Enfilly must be under repairs or protecting any other place (Babylon 5 for ex) while having brief repairs. Nials fighters have sufficient firepower, so its stupidly not to bring as much as it possible into battle. Especialy in SUCH potentially important mission.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
young jedi remember you are at one with the universe and the universe is at one with you......;

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Weeit...
I am the one with Pak'ma'ra?
*Weiving a hand*
You are sobering up!!!!

Offline Caveman

Hey Skystalker, do you play the game with mouse or joystick? I experienced that it's harder for me to target other fighters with my joystick, for that I'm far better with the mouse. On the other hand it's realy a pain in the ass to turn your ship with the mouse.

What do the others use?

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Hey Skystalker, do you play the game with mouse or joystick? I experienced that it's harder for me to target other fighters with my joystick, for that I'm far better with the mouse. On the other hand it's realy a pain in the ass to turn your ship with the mouse.

What do the others use?

I only use the mouse to fire and accelerate. Same for the joystick but because there are more buttons on the joystick I take advantage of them for targeting or banking ....

The best way to turn your ship is with the keyboard i think ...

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline Vidmaster

everybody has a different favorite.

For example, I am flying full keyboard and consider myself to be pretty good. FUBAR is flying mouse as far as I know and kicks every ass in firing range. Legendary DW Hunter was a Joystick pilot if I remember correctly.

As far as I know, I belong to the minority, most are mouse players.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Joystick/keyboard here.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
I know it is a stupid question but when I move the joystick up then the ship turns down and when I move down it turns up ? Same problem for the mouse.
That's why I only use the keyboard for turning : I can reverse the turn up/turn down button.

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
You do know that you can do that with the mouse and joystick in the control confg?  Select the control axis and hit invert at the bottom. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
You do know that you can do that with the mouse and joystick in the control confg?  Select the control axis and hit invert at the bottom. 

Ah ok I didn't notice the invert button. Thanks.

Campaign in development:

Single Mission :

Joystick+Keyboard.
It's second game which don't suit me with mose (the first was IL-2).
hat switch for streif
4 buttons around hat switch for:
Gliding,
Afteerburner,
Countermeasures
Can't remember for now, smth default.

PS Still can't defend Enfilly

Still can't understand, WHAT THE HELL "HARVESTER" FORGOT IN THIS MISSION IF WE HAVE ENFILLY????
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 05:47:41 pm by Skywalker »

Offline mxlm

I guess I'll ask here, rather than start a new thread or necro the old one; the Earth-Minbari War was never released, correct?
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Nope.  I don't know if work was even really begun past the demo.