Author Topic: distance question  (Read 2210 times)

when using retail FS2's FRED2, what do i need to do to use the "distance" SEXPs? i mean when i create a new event, the distance SEXPs seems to be always grayed out/unable to be used, even if i have ships in the map/mission already placed. so can anyone help me? thanks

Offline Shade

The "distance" operator returns a number, so you can only use it in a place where a number is legal. For example:

op when
   op <
      op distance
         # Alpha 1
         # Jump node
      # 500
   op fix-warp
      #Alpha 1

As you can see, the "distance" operator in this case is used as one of the arguments for a "less-than" logical operator, which happens to require two numbers and thus will allow the use of "distance". It can't be used on its own, but must always be used as an argument in a logical or action operator that accepts a number.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

okay thank you very much!