Author Topic: Freespace 2 Halo - Let's revive it and finish it!  (Read 60021 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: Freespace 2 Halo - Let's revive it and finish it!
Why does Vista blow?  :drevil:

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Wolfy

I don't think so. IIRC  Ensemble had announced previously that Ensemble Studios would be closing after Halo Wars was released, and, IIRC, a different company was formed by the same team to maintain Halo Wars after Ensemble closed.

Of course, it's possible that I'm totally wrong.

Yeah thats pretty much how it happened. Some of the staff are the same i think, some aren't.

On a totally different note, it should be noted tha Halo Wars had a covvie ship in it (A destroyer class I think) that could be added to this game. Not sure i like its design though...
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
mmm then again I didn't really like the AOE trilogy. They were good for their time, but got boring real quick. Add to that they never actually did expand on it (no space age, no sciencefiction (not including AOM as that is associated with historical belief), no enhancements (always stuck to 4 ages most of which were similar with the only main diffrences being new buildings and types of units)) it just made it really hard for me to keep playing, exspecially since historic and medievil games have been done to death in my opinion. Which is one of the reasons why Freespace2 is still one of my favorite games and I have been playing it since I was 6 (11 years now (wow has it really been that long?))

You may be right there, however microsoft did have a hand, a big hand, in all of it.

I understand a lot of you liked Halo Wars and the AOE series, and i respect that, but with me I just have played too many games which are too similar from microsoft. I meen its like comparing Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds to AOE2
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I understand a lot of you liked Halo Wars and the AOE series, and i respect that, but with me I just have played too many games which are too similar from microsoft. I meen its like comparing Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds to AOE2
Considering that Galactic Battlegrounds was based on the AOE2 engine and was largely little more than a sprite swap, I'm not entirely sure what your point is. :p

And while medieval sorts of games have been done to death now, they certainly weren't at the time that at least the first two AOE titles were released.  I'd also argue about their longevity, as AOE2 kept me happily occupied for more than a month fairly recently as I played through all the singleplayer campaigns.  Different strokes, I guess.

Offline aurora_energy

well i respect that... it was a good game i dont deny that... im just saying i wasnt a huge fan...
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline SPARTAN-367

• Olly olly oxen free
    • SPARTAN-367 (PAT)
Can we talk about how we should do or improve the MOD and not how much we hate Microsoft! :lol:
- SPARTAN-367 (PAT)

Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied.

"TROOPERS we are GREEN, and very very MEAN!"

Offline aurora_energy

Tiz a fair point, however like I said there are almost unlimited possibilities with campain ideas. I personally believe we should at least get a fair chunk of the mod done (like models and stuff) before we work on that. We have already come up with some great ideas, and sure we can use them, however we wont use them just yet.

Offline starlord

Any news on the halo project yet causality? ;)

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
Guess I could start doing some really basic FRED now :D
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...

Offline aurora_energy

I really really hope he hasn't had computer failure and other issues as well

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
That would suck x-x
---

No there isn't...

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
Should have some post by now.
---

No there isn't...

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
No, I doubt anything could be done in the 1 minute between your last two posts.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline aurora_energy

You kidding? That wasn't even 30 seconds

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
No, I doubt anything could be done in the 1 minute between your last two posts.

... I don't mean in response to MY post. Just post in Freespace Halo in general.
---

No there isn't...

Offline aurora_energy

The fact of the matter is for a second time this mod appears to be going nowhere. As such, noone posts here. Because we wanna see action

Offline Enker

The fact of the matter is for a second time this mod appears to be going nowhere. As such, noone posts here. Because we wanna see action
You know, you COULD offer to help with it, that is, if you really want this to get off the ground.

Offline starlord

I've tried to resume contact with causality, no doubt he'll reply at some point...

Offline aurora_energy

You know, you COULD offer to help with it, that is, if you really want this to get off the ground.

uhhhh I kinda did... 3 times now... so dont accuse me of being the asshole who is going f all cause I dont see you doing anything either

So is this being worked on or not?  :sigh: