Author Topic: Models giveaway  (Read 23053 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The very last one looks quite Vasudan-y. :nod:

EDIT: Actually on closer inspection, for a Vasudan model, the previous model would probably be better suited.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:33:01 pm by Snail »

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
The last one is too boxy to be Vasudan, however, with the right texture, it would be very good for a Terran ship.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Well, I haven't taken too good a look at the model in question, but I will state that FS1 Vasudan ships are considerably more angular than FS2 craft. Having a Great War-era Vasudan "brick" wouldn't be uncalled for.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Well, I haven't taken too good a look at the model in question, but I will state that FS1 Vasudan ships are considerably more angular than FS2 craft. Having a Great War-era Vasudan "brick" wouldn't be uncalled for.
Well, if you go by the concept art, they were aiming for streamlined and curvy ships, very much like the Aten, Typhon, and the FreeSpace 2 Vasudan ships, some examples:

The PVFr Ma'at, a canon Vasudan freighter...

The GVF Tauret, a canon Vasudan fighter (this is actually a FreeSpace 1 concept art)...

At the very top, the PVT Isis (which looks like it was originally supposed to be more of a shuttle than anything.)
There's also the Thoth concept art, but I haven't uploaded it to the wiki as I have the above concepts yet.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:52:35 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Could you please make the Shey Ke cargo ship and the Human Warship available in OBJ as well?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, if you go by the concept art, they were aiming for streamlined and curvy ships, very much like the Aten, Typhon, and the FreeSpace 2 Vasudan ships, some examples:

The PVFr Ma'at, a canon Vasudan freighter...

The GVF Tauret, a canon Vasudan fighter (this is actually a FreeSpace 1 concept art)...
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/images/Fs_ship.gif
At the very top, the PVT Isis (which looks like it was originally supposed to be more of a shuttle than anything.)
There's also the Thoth concept art, but I haven't uploaded it to the wiki as I have the above concepts yet.
Not exactly.

Even the examples you gave aren't wholly organic or completely smoothed - Both of them incorporate mechanical elements as well as angular shapes, but in a very alien way.

What IMHO really epitomizes Vasudan ship design in FS1 would be the PVFr Satis - crudely mechanical, inferior to Terran ships, but aesthetically organic, almost as if the engineers who designed it were trying to hide its mechanical elements with organic design.

Offline SolCommand

• Time Bandit
    • My free 3D models
IMPORTANT NEWS:

All my models and previews are now hosted on this server:

http://digitalbrilliance.org/SC/

I will convert those models later tonight when I get home m8

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
With a re-skin, that would probably work very well for BP...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It can work very well for lots of projects.

Offline SolCommand

• Time Bandit
    • My free 3D models
I suggest you use the one named "Anna-V Variations" , it's a little better as I corrected a few bugs in the model and the texture.

http://digitalbrilliance.org/SC/1.%20NEW%20-%20models%202010/

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well none of the 20 variations of the Anna Variations fit the Vasudans as well as the original texture. :P

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You could always hue/saturation stuff a bit in Photoshop.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

SolCommand, may I say how utterly amazing these models are. I've been frequently checking them all out on your site ever since FSF pointed me at it a short while back. They are high quality and just original in their own way. Keep this up!

I hope you wouldn't mind FSF and me using the Shey Ke Capital Ship, Cargo Ship and Human Warship for my Cerberus campaign revitalisation? They would form the major part of a new faction I'm creating, which we've slowly but steadily begun bringing to life. FSF's is already performing texture surgery on the Capital Ship and it just looks incredible.
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I can't seem to find the textures for some of the older models with textures (such as the Narlokian gate). I might just be failing really hard though.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline SolCommand

• Time Bandit
    • My free 3D models
Thx Starwolf, feel free to use any of my models in any way you like. Hope you'll have fun flying/destroying them.
Droid, I no longer have the textures for those really old models so you can apply your own texture, something that fits your universe better.

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Once again Sol, thanks a ton for these. BTW, these all converted to .obj or .dae format, or just select ones?
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~