Author Topic: Looking for a musician  (Read 1766 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Looking for a musician
Hi guys, i am currently doing a foundation degree course at the University of Cumbria (UK), the Art of Games Design. Part of my course is that we have been put into groups and have formed into games companies and we are to create a concept for a game, which includes concept art, a proposal, and a few sound bites including music, this is were my question comes in, now none of us know any musicians or can play any instruments. Do any of you guys know of any musicians or websites were i could find some one to come up with a 1 - 2 min theme, i know it is a tall order to ask for and understand fully if nobody has the time to spare, but i thought i would ask anyway.

Cheers

PS sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:26:06 am by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Looking for a musician
I might be able to do something if you could give me some specifics as to how you want it to sound.  No promises, though.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Same here, I'd need a little detail on what was needed before suggesting anything :)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Cheers,  Basically our game is a very very dark adult fantasy (game rating we have suggested is an 18), where its mainly shades of Grey and black, not really any good left in the world.  The game concept is a Dark fantasy/medieval/early steam punk RPG with elements of strategy setting, in which you play as one of 3 characters, a daemon(very bad guy), an assassin(antihero) and a undead general (pretty bad guy). They are all searching for a powerfull artifact which has the power to reshape the world in their image. They find the relic is hidden in a city but don't know where so the Daemon and  the undead general are launching a full scale assault against the city and each other to find it as well as attacking each other. The assassin is hired to help defend the city and to try and take out the leaders of the two armies.  Like the siege of Minas tirith from Lord of the Rings but without out the goodness.

So that is the kind of setting and feeling of the game is depression, dispair, no hope, very little good left.

I hope that helps. If you decide to help, it will be greatly appreciated and you will be of course fully credited for your work.

again thank you for at least thinking about it.

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
No problem :)

I'll see if I can get something rough together in the next day or so and post it, but life is pretty busy at the moment so if anyone else wants to take a shot and post their own ideas first, I won't take it personally, I'm not claiming dibs on it or anything ;)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Awww cheers mans, That is really good of you Flipside, i really really appreciate this even if you can't get it done i still appreciate it ;)

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Okay, thanks.  I'll sketch some ideas out this week.  I'll try to get you something to listen to before next week.  I'm pretty busy with school myself right now, but I'll see what I can do.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub