Author Topic: Gauging Interest for a Wing/Squadron  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Ezaco

Gauging Interest for a Wing/Squadron
Hey everyone,

Diaspora is a fantastic mod, and pretty much the only way to get your Battlestar Galactica fix these days (outside of BG:O). So I'm here to gauge the interest in a 'tactical realism' wing/squadron. This would be complete with a rank structure and squadron organization, as well as an accompanying forum to organize training and other announcements, and even a board for people to roleplay if they so wish.

I am currently the CO for the 15th MEU (SOC) Realism Unit in ArmA 2, so I have some experience in this field. I love Battlestar and Diaspora, and would like to see it hang around for a while. I believe that is a factor of an active and motivated community, which is usually spurred on by good units to continue the love of the game.

So right now I just want to gauge the interest of those around these forums on if anyone would even join such an endeavor.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Gauging Interest for a Wing/Squadron
The team would like to see this sort of thing done. Not only would it be good for the game, it would give us a good entry point for discussing multiplayer with the fans.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

very interested = yes

Just discovered this project though I was a big follower of BtRL for years. Before that I was part of a long running Freespace Squadron, XvT and TIE squadrons from back in the day. I'd love to get involved with this sort of thing.

Offline Ezaco

I've begun some work on this now. Suggestions and joiners welcome:

http://bsg15.proboards.com/

Offline Jockey

I'd very like this