Author Topic: Subtitle overlap  (Read 1685 times)

Im using Media VP's 2014 and Cockpit's 2.0
I just want to Correct the PiP Video call placement to the top left or remove/turn off subtitles so it stops over lapping.

Also I may not even have Cockpit 2.0 installed correctly as I get this message.

That normal?

Also, when I copied the mod file from cockpits it originally replaced the mod folder for MediaVPs_2014.
I made a back up prior to doing so and I know enough about coding to know these need to be manually combined and not enough to know exactly how to do it.
(Left is the Cockpit Mod/ Right is the original Media VPs_2014 it replaced)

In the end I restored the original MediaVP's files and only dragged and dropped this single file

and did NOT add the FSU-MVP, Mod or setting files as the game seems to be running fine without them.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 07:10:26 am by Gungriffen »

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Those are not subtitles. That's a custom HUD gauge. Here's the documentation. TL;DR:
Create the file MediaVPs_2014/data/config/axmessage.cfg and put the following inside and modify the "Position" section accordingly:
Code: [Select]
{
  "Default": {
    "TitleFont": 3,
    "TextFont": 1,
    "Image": "messagebox",
    "Speed": 0.03,
    "Length": 0.07,
    "AfterVoice": 1.5,
    "TitleColor": [
    ],
    "TextColor": [
    ]
  },
  "Position": {
    "Origin": [
    ],
    "Offset": [
    ],
    "HeadAni": [
    ]
  },
  "Backlog": {
"Enabled": true,
    "Origin": [
    ],
    "Offset": [
    ],
    "Height": 55
  },
  "Offsets": {
    "Sender": [
    ],
    "Text": [
    ]
  },
  "Monochrome": true,
  "GenericFiles": [
    "emptymsg",
    "cuevoice",
    "generic",
    "msgstart",
    "none"
  ]
}

The mod.ini files mostly contain mod metadata for the launcher. The only thing relevant for the game engine is secondarylist and primarylist. The former is usually empty and the latter contains a list of additional mods to load. Since the Cockpit Mod only depends on the MVPs and you merged the two, you can just leave it empty (as it is right now).
Also, that mod.ini file is from 3.6.12 and not 2014. Did you mess something up during your mod merging? Why did you want to merge the two anyway?

Just for clarification: MediaVPs 3.6.12 is pretty old by now. 2014 is 3.7.2 which is newer but the most recent MVPs are 3.8.2.

Not sure where the warnings and errors come from but that might be due to the fact that the mod hasn't been updated in ages. If you post your fs2_open.log, we can probably say more.

This it?
Also when I took the screen shot I was messing with MediaVPs 3.6.12 but ended up using 2014. I also have MediaVP's 38x but it fails to start saying im missing something.

I've figured out the Position of subtitles now, unfortunately HeadAni position doesn't work.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:32:45 am by Gungriffen »

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
That's the correct log. Would've been more helpful if you'd continued past the first warning. That warning at least is caused by the cockpit mod because it redefines a sound also used by the MediaVPs. Probably won't cause any issues though. Can't say anything about the other 13 warnings/errors since they're not in the log.

The 3.8.x MVPs need a recent nightly to work maybe it failed to launch due to that? It might also be an issue with the Cockpit Mod since that hasn't been updated in the last 4 years.

I have no idea why the the HeadAni position doesn't work.

Offline Axem

The head ani part of that config file... doesn't actually do anything. It was more there so that when it would be possible to dynamically move it, there'd be one less file to update. You need to look for something like mv_root-hdg.tbm and look for the talking head entry there. And then tweak the origin/offset for that.