Author Topic: Calling FSU Contributors: Past & Present  (Read 2313 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Calling FSU Contributors: Past & Present
The Colossus cutscene remake is coming along quite nicely thanks to the community's help.  :nod:

I'm going to be working on the Logo section soon. For those who didn't ever look at it closely, the list of logos scrolls the same logos about three times.

In-universe it's a list of corporations that contributed to the construction of the Colossus, but it's actually a clever list of  :v: staff. Compare the corporation names to Volition staff.

So here's what I was thinking....

If you have contributed to FSU ever or you know someone who did but they aren't around and you want to make sure they are included, then whip up a simple black-and-white logo using your/their name or handle. I will then include that in the list of scrolling corporation logos in the Colossus cutscene remake.

By "contributed" I truly mean in any possible way. New models, weapons, effects, sounds, UI elements, scripts, or even assisting my cutscene project.. they all count. Use the Volition corporations as inspiration. For example Dan Wentz did music and SFX for FS2. His corporation is Wentz Acoustics. Be creative!

Don't worry about there being too many logos. I'll make it work. I'm hoping to get a good 10-15 submissions at least. More is better!

Nyctaeus already got us started with his.  :)
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Re: Calling FSU Contributors: Past & Present
logos! Heres mine  ;)

derpedit, added a BW version.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 06:23:34 am by Oddgrim »
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I haven't done much but can I have my name snuck in?  Maybe colossus' marines Co or something?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Here's my part!

Transparent Version:

And here's the White Background Version
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Something simple

Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline morGy

Here be mine

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Excellent. Keep em' coming!

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Damn, I can't draw or design logos worth a damn, but it would be awesome if someone would do me the honor of designing a logo that had either three silver writing quills or three silver Mont Blanc Meisterstück pens (the latter would be preferred :D ) and title it "Three Silver Quills, LLP." as an homage to my father and grandfather, who are and were both lawyers like myself.

I feel like a heel for asking, but I'm curious to see if anyone could come up with an interesting logo with that theme. (Maybe three dark-grey or black Mont Blanc Meisterstück pens launched upwards at a 45-degree angle like rockets on a white background?)

I'd suggest "Su-tehp's Editing Service" as an alternative, but it doesn't sound anything like a spaceship-building corporation. Maybe "Su-tehp's Supervisory Systems"? (At least it's alliterative!) Actually, I think I like "Su-tehp's Supervisory Systems" more than "Three Silver Quills, LLP." Now I really wish I could design logos!

EDIT: Here's a crude first attempt that I made at Logo Makr.com

Sutehp's Supervisory Systems I couldn't figure out how to post the image from Google Docs, so you guys get the link instead. If anyone can take this and improve upon it, I'd be grateful. The reason this low res file exists is because I wasn't about to pay Logo Makr $19 for a single one time thing that is not my ideal idea for my logo. :p
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 02:25:51 am by Su-tehp »
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Strygon

• Steam
Damn, I can't draw or design logos worth a damn, but it would be awesome if someone would do me the honor of designing a logo that had either three silver writing quills or three silver Mont Blanc Meisterstück pens (the latter would be preferred :D ) and title it "Three Silver Quills, LLP." as an homage to my father and grandfather, who are and were both lawyers like myself.

I feel like a heel for asking, but I'm curious to see if anyone could come up with an interesting logo with that theme. (Maybe three dark-grey or black Mont Blanc Meisterstück pens launched upwards at a 45-degree angle like rockets on a white background?)

I'd suggest "Su-tehp's Editing Service" as an alternative, but it doesn't sound anything like a spaceship-building corporation. Maybe "Su-tehp's Supervisory Systems"? (At least it's alliterative!) Actually, I think I like "Su-tehp's Supervisory Systems" more than "Three Silver Quills, LLP." Now I really wish I could design logos!

Sutehp's Supervisory Systems I couldn't figure out how to post the image from Google Docs, so you guys get the link instead. If anyone can take this and improve upon it, I'd be grateful. The reason this low res file exists is because I wasn't about to pay Logo Makr $19 for a single one time thing that is not my ideal idea for my logo. :p

I got a quick design I made in about 5 minutes, hope this is to your liking.

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue

I got a quick design I made in about 5 minutes, hope this is to your liking.

Strygon, you are my new god. This logo has 110% approval from me. But could you do one more minor tweak for me? Put a hyphen between "SU" and "TEHP" so that it properly matches my handle. I know, I didn't do this myself on my first attempt, but as I said, my first attempt was...rudimentary and crude, to quote everyone's favorite villian.

And getting rid of the apostrophe-S was a good idea; in retrospect, a corporation usually doesn't have a possessive name in its name. Thank you for that change.

EDIT: Another minor tweak: the two smaller pens are not symmetrical; the left pen seems to be at a slightly higher height and a shorter distance from the central pen than the right one. Was this intentional? And can you make them symmetrical, maybe by making the two smaller pens equidistant to the central pen and having the bottom/bases of all three pens aligned at the same height?

Now who was my old god...? I need to give them the two weeks notice that I'm not worshiping them anymore....

EDIT 2: and I just noticed something on Nyct's logo: It reads "Nycti' Shipyards" so it's missing its apostrophe-S if its supposed to read as "Nycti's Shipyards". Then again, this could have been intentional, if Nyct meant that apostrophe to stand in place for the rest of "Nyctaeus".
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:07:37 am by Su-tehp »

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Strygon

• Steam
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/519220662640836631/740964102637092924/1596729909019.png
(Not embedded so I don't clog up the thread too much)

Here's the adjusted version, hopefully that's good enough. I was really lazy when I did the first draft so I kind of didn't pay attention to symmetry.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/519220662640836631/740964102637092924/1596729909019.png
(Not embedded so I don't clog up the thread too much)

Here's the adjusted version, hopefully that's good enough. I was really lazy when I did the first draft so I kind of didn't pay attention to symmetry.

EDIT: D'oh! Now we just need to make the sunset symmetrical with "Su-tehp Supervisory Systems". The sunset isn't equidistant with the text. Just noticed this, my bad.

But thank you very much for this, Strygon. It's appreciated.

Holding prayers until such time as the (hopefully) final adjustment is made. PM has been sent regarding final adjustments. I think rather than clutter up this thread any further, our conversation can continue via PM.  :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:25:42 am by Su-tehp »

The Order of the Stick

Offline Strygon

• Steam
No problem, glad to be of help!

I will be awaiting your prayers with time.  :P

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Another hour or two and then I'm doing the final render. Last chance to get your logos in.