Author Topic: Blue Planet Complete Patch 23rd of July  (Read 8865 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Blue Planet Complete Patch 23rd of July
When you say "before", what do you mean? Try disabling deferred lighting in the launcher.

I mean before the upgrade. Deferred lighting was disabled (ticked) in wxlauncher.

-enable_shadows

There's your problem. Mods with big battles and lots of ships on the screen at once don't agree with shadows, they're too hardware intensive. Remove that flag and you should get your fps back to something reasonable(seriously, shadows can lose you something like 30 or more fps).
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Works better now, but the ships do not look as "shiny" and beautiful as they used to do. For example, the fighter bay of the Temeraire is "just" white, no details, etc.

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
Hello again. Just finished Aristeia, so I might update this later.

During Collateral Damage, Shudhune starts firing at Serkr from quite a distance, making the 20% health guardian just a little bit obvious. Which would be fine, if they also jumped earlier, not absorbed some more missiles.

During For the wrong reasons, Nairobi Wind kept circling the Nauticus, never got around to docking.

And during Aristeia, I still had Serkr on station by the time of Medea's arrival. Is it intended, or should I really wreck some turrets so the missiles can not get blown before hitting the corvettes? They were always either gone or low health before the patch, but now I had 2 corvettes in the 80% area.

There's something regarding AoA too, but I'd like to test again before actually typing it.

Curse of prescience after all, though I should check the other mission too. I swear that 3 or 4 wings of Shivans spawn inside the Orestes' hangar. Would've sounded weird (to say the least), saying this without testing. Nevertheless, behold.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:39:33 pm by Makhpella »
'I'm from the marksman school of conversation.' -Kovacs

The new nightlies have completely changed the lighting system, you'll probably have to tweak your lighting settings manually as all the old presets will now look completely different. You can safely turn on deferred lighting if your PC is at least midrange, just stay away from shadows unless you're playing retail/MVPs and have a powerful PC.

And the GTD Titan just looks like that with the new model, it doesn't have a detailed interior because that's a waste of polys on something that's very rarely seen.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I hate patching in the middle of dev cycles :(

I'm reporting no errors after the update.
Great mod. Well designed experience throughout.
Using windows 7 and all good.

What would the recommended settings be in the wxLauncher Advanced settings be to get the best looking experience from Blue Planet. I have a high end gaming system so anything should not be a problem.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Were all of the BP Complete VP files updated?  I don't use the launcher (and I won't so don't bother trying to convince me... no offense I just like to do things on my own) and I would like to only download the files that were updated and not grab everything again just incase.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Darius

What would the recommended settings be in the wxLauncher Advanced settings be to get the best looking experience from Blue Planet. I have a high end gaming system so anything should not be a problem.

Tastes would vary of course, but...

I'm currently using HerraTohtori's lighting settings with -ambient_factor 90.
Shadows are darker with a bold contrast between lit faces, and faces in shadow.
There's also prominent lighting from weapons fire.

Thanks I will give that a try.  How about the other settings? Like post processing and soft particles, ect?

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I did not download the patch yet, but... did it affect The Blade Itself? I recall there being a very naughty bug with Tritea, which, if not attacked by the player, would start ramming one of the Arcadia's towers with insane savagery...
If that would be all (I mean: just stupid AI) it would be fine for me. But after that corvette rams the station, the HUD will say that the Arcadia has a speed of ~380 (but actually not moving) which seems to bug player's VLS launchers - they just won't fire at the installation ._. And in the moment its hull reaches 0% (really hard to pound it down with Gauss only), it... shoots away into space, like an arrow. With the speed of about 380. Hah.
It's the Tritea or destroying transports docked to the station...

Btw, anyone shares my feeling that the way Tritea fights the player is just... dumb? Going heads-on, not caring about ramming you...
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

But after that corvette rams the station, the HUD will say that the Arcadia has a speed of ~380 (but actually not moving) which seems to bug player's VLS launchers - they just won't fire at the installation ._. And in the moment its hull reaches 0% (really hard to pound it down with Gauss only), it... shoots away into space, like an arrow. With the speed of about 380. Hah.

Haha, OK that one I think I can explain (someone correct me if I'm just talking out of my ass here) :

A recurring bug in that mission was that station would sometimes get stuck on the Karuna rotating section ... and then move around the frigate as the section kept rotating. To work around that issue, they made a SEXP called set-immobile, which prevents an object from moving in any way or shape, while still technically being affected by the rest of the game's physics, causing some interesting side effects.

My guess is that the station stops being affected by the SEXP as soon as it is destroyed, so it suddenly gets affected by physics stuff.

... Which for some reason says that the station should be moving at 380m/s.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
This is actually... a good idea. Take a Karuna, give it a lot more powerful engines, and attach several heavily armed installations to its rotator :P <that's calling for Axe'em>
Or a dozen of Mjolnir beam cannons facing forward.

Which still does not explain why a corvette is pushing the station to such ridiculous speed.
How about that: maybe in EVERY collision there is a tiny moment (like 1ms) when the crashing targets have extreme speeds (I bet that it is like that in order to prevent noclipping through textures) and then they rapidly slow down to some... more acceptable values.
So... there *might* be something wrong with set-immobile. Maybe it waits until the object attempts to gain speed and then locks it up? For a vessel actually posessing any engines and trying to fly forward, which has to fight acceleration rates, the first moment set-immobile detects any speed it may be a very small rate, like 0,001 m/s, where it would remain almost unnoticeable... But a station, which first obtained speed of nearly 400 m/s and... been locked like that? Just dumb theories...
Now, Apocalypse torpedoes must be soooo mind****ed at the moment...  :lol:

Edit:
Were all of the BP Complete VP files updated?  I don't use the launcher (and I won't so don't bother trying to convince me... no offense I just like to do things on my own) and I would like to only download the files that were updated and not grab everything again just incase.
Same question here, my net is pretty slow and I don't really want to completely redownload all of this.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:23:17 am by MitoPL »
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Karuna MK2, huh?

I guess the Indus is getting a bit of upgrade after Sunglare?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
This is actually... a good idea. Take a Karuna, give it a lot more powerful engines, and attach several heavily armed installations to its rotator :P <that's calling for Axe'em>
Or a dozen of Mjolnir beam cannons facing forward.

Which still does not explain why a corvette is pushing the station to such ridiculous speed.
How about that: maybe in EVERY collision there is a tiny moment (like 1ms) when the crashing targets have extreme speeds (I bet that it is like that in order to prevent noclipping through textures) and then they rapidly slow down to some... more acceptable values.
So... there *might* be something wrong with set-immobile. Maybe it waits until the object attempts to gain speed and then locks it up? For a vessel actually posessing any engines and trying to fly forward, which has to fight acceleration rates, the first moment set-immobile detects any speed it may be a very small rate, like 0,001 m/s, where it would remain almost unnoticeable... But a station, which first obtained speed of nearly 400 m/s and... been locked like that? Just dumb theories...
Now, Apocalypse torpedoes must be soooo mind****ed at the moment...  :lol:

Edit:
Same question here, my net is pretty slow and I don't really want to completely redownload all of this.

Every file has been updated.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Yeah, after I got no replies for a couple of days, I decided to byte the bullet and download them all.  That said, if you sometimes update individual files, would it be possible to post the date of the latest update next to the file in the downloads thread?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Sure, but one of the reasons we prefer the installer is because it figures that sort of stuff out automatically.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Did anything balance or AI-related change in the patch? I'm replaying WiH and just got to The Plunder, and I distinctly remember having a lot less trouble with it on my first run. I think I was playing on medium then, and I am playing on medium now. Just curious. Maybe I've suddenly regressed in skill quite a bit over the past month or something.

I also really need to get a joystick and new video hardware, one of these days. Yeah, somehow I have yet to actually ever own a joystick. It's weird. I'm weird and dumb