Author Topic: RELEASE: HTL package for TBP  (Read 28294 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
RELEASE: HTL package for TBP
This package contains a set of upgraded models for The Babylon Project. The contents are designed to be 100% backwards compatible, should you find a case where this models break an existing mission, please report it here.

Requirements:
A working installation of TBP3.4b with fs2_open 3.6.9 exe is required.
The Zathras package and fs2_open 3.7.0 are recommended.

Installation:
Create a new folder in your main TBP folder, e.g. "C:\Games\The Babylon Project\HTLpackage" and extract the contents of the zip file into that folder.
Start the launcher and go to the "MOD" tab and select the "HTLpackage" (or whatever you called it) folder, click "Apply" and you're ready to run.

To combine this package with the Zathras package, do the same as mentioned above, but add the Zathras folder to the secondary modlist in the "mod.ini" file located in the HTLpackage folder, like so "secondarylist = zathras;".
Note that for multiplayer you should disable the HTL package, since it's not validated content

Revision history:
22.08.2010: Initial release
28.08.2010: Fixed submodel properties, added cache files for the container.
27.07.2011: Added EA 109 Zephyr, EA Venom 1 and EA Venom 2
31.03.2014: Added EA Omega, including all nameplate versions from TBP3.4b and Zathras

Contents:

EA Freighter Type I

EA Freighter Type II

EA Container

EA 109 Zephyr

EA Venom Type 1 and Type 2 missiles (including external models with pylons)

EA Omega destroyer (includes nameplates for all named ships in TBP3.4b and current Zathras)

--- DOWNLOAD HERE --- (42 MB)

Additional goodies:

A template file (PSD format) for creating your own Omega nameplates can be downloaded here. Instructions are included.

Note: Since this is not an official TBP add-on but my private little mod, you should post here in this thread if you encounter problems with it and not spam the main board. I intend to keep this first post updated when more content is added.
Also, if some able modeler/texture artist would like to do his part in upgrading TBP assets, PM me.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:57:33 pm by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: RELEASE: HTL package for TBP
I should just add those shaders to Zathras. 

BTW looking great. 

On a side note we may have someone to do the EA Omega and ISA Victory already. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Skullar

Omega would be GREAT, EACW features LOTS ( and I mean lots ) of ingame cutscenes, many with an Omega in sight.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've found a few errors, and a few potential errors.  Specifically this has to do with submodel subsystem entries.  On the smaller version's subsystems, there is a square character between the end of "$special=subsystem" and the "$name=whatever" entry.  Normally, there would be a line break between the two rather than that character, but that character may do the same function, which makes this the potential problem.  The real problem however, has to do with the fact that you've given the primary hull subsystem data.  On the smaller version, its labeled as "CargoPod05", while on the larger one its labeled as "CargoPod01", which will be confusing since the cargo01a submodel also has that subsystem entry.

I found that while I was looking to see if you'd made the model with any submodel debris for the cargo pods, that way they'd actually blow into chunks when destroyed.  Of course, adding something like that is both time-consuming and adds to the poly count.  ;7

I also checked into the FS Wiki's reference to subsystem flags, to see if there was a "no target when destroyed" flag, so you still wouldn't see the subsystem on your list if it gets blown apart.  I didn't see it there, but I didn't see a section there updated for 3.6.12, so it might exist.  If it does, it might be a good idea to create a .tbm file to add this flag.  If that happens, you may also want to add dockpoints at the points where the cargopods would go, SO you could include the possibility for the ship to dock with a pod in mission... though I'm not sure how destroyed submodels are handled when it comes to collision detection.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
There are a number of subsystem abilities that are just waiting to get added to trunk.  That is one of them.  I planned on adding a lot of those features once it does. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I've found a few errors, and a few potential errors.  Specifically this has to do with submodel subsystem entries.  On the smaller version's subsystems, there is a square character between the end of "$special=subsystem" and the "$name=whatever" entry.  Normally, there would be a line break between the two rather than that character, but that character may do the same function, which makes this the potential problem.  The real problem however, has to do with the fact that you've given the primary hull subsystem data.  On the smaller version, its labeled as "CargoPod05", while on the larger one its labeled as "CargoPod01", which will be confusing since the cargo01a submodel also has that subsystem entry.

Ah, the subsystem properties on the primary hull hat must have happened when I re-converted from DAE and then did a global data import in PCS2. But where do you see the square character instead of the line break between the submodel entries? It looks normal in PCS2 for me.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just a FYI you can prevent that from happening by putting a space in the comments of detail0 in Max.

Also shaders will be in the next Zathras. 

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've found a few errors, and a few potential errors.  Specifically this has to do with submodel subsystem entries.  On the smaller version's subsystems, there is a square character between the end of "$special=subsystem" and the "$name=whatever" entry.  Normally, there would be a line break between the two rather than that character, but that character may do the same function, which makes this the potential problem.  The real problem however, has to do with the fact that you've given the primary hull subsystem data.  On the smaller version, its labeled as "CargoPod05", while on the larger one its labeled as "CargoPod01", which will be confusing since the cargo01a submodel also has that subsystem entry.

Ah, the subsystem properties on the primary hull hat must have happened when I re-converted from DAE and then did a global data import in PCS2. But where do you see the square character instead of the line break between the submodel entries? It looks normal in PCS2 for me.
I was looking at in MODView.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
That would most likely be a tab.  The code should just read until it hits the next $ anyway or you would be getting debug errors.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Ah.  I wasn't quite sure if it would cause problems or not, which is why I labeled it as a "Potential Error".

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Ok, I fix0red the submodel properties of detail0 and included the cache files of the container (which I forgot in the initial release).

First post updated with new link.

You should really look into the assets of Babylon 5 War Without End mod for homeworld 2. I'm pretty sure they are willing to share. This would be a bit like a middle point between current models and the sexy stuff that is being made now.

http://daedalus.f2s.com/HW2B5TC/screenshots/NovaParallax02.jpg
http://daedalus.f2s.com/HW2B5TC/screenshots/NovaParallax01.jpg

Offline ChaserR

Hello.
When I try to download this pack i get an error

"Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to share.ols.inode.at.
SSL received a malformed Server Key Exchange handshake message.
(Error code: ssl_error_rx_malformed_server_key_exch)
    *   The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

*   Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site."

Is there somting wrong with my setup in Firefox or is the server having problem?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Link is working for me. 

Offline Slasher

You should really look into the assets of Babylon 5 War Without End mod for homeworld 2. I'm pretty sure they are willing to share. This would be a bit like a middle point between current models and the sexy stuff that is being made now.

http://daedalus.f2s.com/HW2B5TC/screenshots/NovaParallax02.jpg
http://daedalus.f2s.com/HW2B5TC/screenshots/NovaParallax01.jpg

Those do look really nice!  :yes: I don't know what kind of conversion nightmare, if any, they might represent.  Ultimately, backwards compatibility with previously released missions and campaigns has been TBP's overriding concern throughout the years.

Offline ChaserR

Link is working for me. 
Thanks for response FUBAR. Tried the link in kounquere and it worked, so it seem to be some security settings in firefox that are wrong.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
*Dusts off thread*

Some high-poly cannon fodder is in progress

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Looking good. 

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
looking really good
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.