Poll

Which did -YOU- prefer blowing up capital ships with?

GTB Ursa
13 (50%)
GTB Zeus
1 (3.8%)
GTB Artemis D.H
0 (0%)
GVB Sekhmet
5 (19.2%)
GTB Medusa
2 (7.7%)
GVB Bahka
1 (3.8%)
GTB Boanerges
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Your favorite bomber  (Read 23529 times)

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
Athena rocks but no athena so URSA
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

look again buddy Athena is there.

Offline BS403

I could have sworn it wasn't there when i went to vote :(

Offline Centrixo

i wonder if anyone would of chosen the PVB Amun  :nervous:
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

I could have sworn it wasn't there when i went to vote :(

it wasnt, he added it. which is why i asked him to make it so we can change our vote.

Offline BS403

I must have missed it though because i can't revote

I cant believe the Ursa is winning. Its a giant hunk of junk that lacks any decent speed. True, it has turrets, and a large bomb compliment, but it lacks the maneuverability to defend itself, and presents a very large target profile.

For heavy bombing, the sekhmet. Its fast, maneuverable, has 4 primary gun banks, and a large missile capacity.

Remember fellow bombers, always engage your afterburners when firing off bombs. They will move faster that way !   :D

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've never had any problems defending myself in an Ursa.  Who needs speed and maneuverability when you have armor and shields that can shrug off practically anything? :)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Someone needs to strap a cockpit to a Helios and turn it into a 22nd Century Ohka.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Ursa can't shrug off a lot actually. I've gotten fried numerous times by flak and heavy supressive fire (from BLOB TURRETS! BLOB TURRETS! THEY WERE HITTING ME!!!! NOOO!!!).

The Ursa can't shrug off a lot actually. I've gotten fried numerous times by flak and heavy supressive fire (from BLOB TURRETS! BLOB TURRETS! THEY WERE HITTING ME!!!! NOOO!!!).

Those things pack quite a bunch. Besides, why fly an Ursa when the boanerges can carry just as much payload and provide a smaller target profile? It doesnt have quite the same gun bank, but who cares?

Offline Dysko

I prefer the Ursa over the Boanerges (spelt right? :nervous:) because IMHO the Boanerges is ugly :ick:
I know that isn't a good reason to prefer a ship over an other one, but...
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

I've never had any problems defending myself in an Ursa.  Who needs speed and maneuverability when you have armor and shields that can shrug off practically anything? :)

Maybe if your on EASY it will be that way, but if you play the game at a harder dificulty, the ursa just flat out sucks balls, if you want to do the job right, you need a boanerges.

Maybe if your on EASY it will be that way, but if you play the game at a harder dificulty, the ursa just flat out sucks balls, if you want to do the job right, you need a boanerges.

Nice to see we're on the same page comrade.

Offline Centrixo

yep, and it also becomes a major challenge with the gun ports in the wrong place on the hard skill, then you got afterburners witch take considerable time. hence why i call the ursa a brick  :P
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

dont get me wrong the ursa is a good sniper tho. 10 trebs per slot.

Offline Centrixo

hehe, thats right but your still as good as dead if you cant shake the enemy off after your wingmen have died.

5 clicks and im all good. Dunno if any of you have played the STV Gauntlet, but the only way you can win it is if you snipe.

Offline Centrixo

there a several different ways you can win the gautlet. suicidal tactics, long ranged attack, hit'n'run, hide and seek.
lol not sure about hide and seek with a an ursa.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
How does one let themself get hit by those slow useless balls?