Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163700 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
Here is my early proposal for the next move at the top:

1st SF - Travel to Librae, Resupply.

1st UGCR - Resupply, Mercs.

4th SF, 2nd CRF and 1st LSF will all attack the 3rd Cordi, and destroy them:

4th SF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 17+8=25 (18+2)
- Capital attack strength: 15+9=24 (18)
- Fighters at 81% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 81% Strength
- Morale: Normal

2nd CRF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 18+9=27 (16+2+2)
- Capital attack strength: 18+9=27 (17+2)
- Fighters at 79% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 86% Strength
- Morale: Very High
- Zeal on Cooldown, Available again on Turn 7

1st LSF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 25+8=33 (19+5+1)
- Capital attack strength: 15+13=28 (14+1)
- Fighters at 96% Strength, 4th Gen
- Capital ships at 100% Strength
- Morale: High

vs.

3rd Cordi Fleet - will deal minimal damage, approx. 7/6 per fleet.
Fighter attack strength: 15+5=20 (20)
Capital attack strength: 9+8=17 (12)
Fighters at 77% Strength (85 dmg)
Capital ships at 78% Strength (79 dmg - destroyed.)

Just enough! Without the 4th Gen fighters it would have been 77!

Then the 2nd UGCR and 2nd SF attack the 2nd Zy (although we need to find out if the 5th Cordi is a regular Cordi fleet or not. Spoon should be able to tell us, they‘re right in front of us.)

2nd SF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 20+9=29 (18+2)
- Capital attack strength: 18+10=28 (18)
- Fighters at 100% Strength, 3rd Gen

2nd UGCR Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 14+7=21 (13+2)
- Capital attack strength: 14+7=21 (15)
- Fighters at 95% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 96% Strength

vs.

2nd Zy Fleet - will deal approx 15/15 damage per fleet.
Fighter attack strength: 20+10=30 (21+1)
Capital attack strength: 19+10=29 (20+1)
Fighters at 90% Strength (take 50dmg)
Capital ships at 91% Strength (take 49dmg)

We can’t kill the 2nd Zy this turn, but we can kill the 3rd Cordi. So we should. Wipe them out. Wipe out anything except maybe the Nordera when we get the chance.

Spoon, I’m just looking at my fleet in the latest post:

2nd CRF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 17 (16+2+1)
- Capital attack strength: 17 (17+1)

I should have +2 for Very High morale, right? So should it be like this?

2nd CRF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 18 (16+2+2)
- Capital attack strength: 18 (17+2)

And may we have intel on the 5th Cordi and 2nd Fura’ngle fleets?

And finally, what happens if the fighter strength is reduced to 0%? does damage start carrying over to Capital Strength then?

Offline Flak

1st CSA Fleet, ETA Turn 5 Silva

So, Isa is coming to save us?

Offline Lorric

And now for my early proposal for the bottom section:

2nd LSF - Double Resupply

1st DD and 1st CRF - Travel to Vega and Resupply.

3rd DD - Travel to Vega, Defend (hey, you’ve got an action, might as well use it, right?)

2nd DD - Prepare Barrage, hold position.

3rd CRF, 4th CRF, travel to Draco and engage the Hertak.

3rd SF - also engage the Hertak.

3rd CRF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 19+9=28 (16+2+2)
- Capital attack strength: 18+10=28 (17+2)
- Fighters at 96% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 96% Strength

4th CRF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 20+10=30 (16+2+2)
- Capital attack strength: 19+10=29 (17+2)
- Fighters at 100% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Zeal on Cooldown, Available again on Turn 6

3rd SF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 19+9=28 (18+2+1)
- Capital attack strength: 18+10=28 (18+1)
- Fighters at 91% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 93% Strength

vs.

1st Hertak Fleet - will deal approx. 16/17 to each fleet.
Fighter attack strength: 28+19=47 (22)
Capital attack strength: 37+14=51 (30)
Fighters at 126% Strength (86 Dmg)
Capital ships at 122% Strength (85 Dmg)
Morale: Normal

It’ll take them awhile to recover from that! Let us show them the power of humanity! There's your kick to the balls, Veers! With a steel toe-capped boot! Let's see what the Fura'ngle think about that as they watch us tear apart their masters, the Hertak!

1st CSA Fleet, ETA Turn 5 Silva

So, Isa is coming to save us?
It's possible. Yaiceca was working under Isa after all, but that was WoD 2. Yaiceca might be running the show...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:40:32 pm by Lorric »

Offline Veers

Where possible, I still think it will be beneficial to eliminate enemy fleets, including the Nordera. One less fleet for us to deal with so we can project more firepower onto other targets.

As for Draco, Pull the 1st CRF and DD out to Vega or Aquarius, 3rd DD to Vega.
2nd LSF can move into Hydra while 2 fleets reinforce the 3rd SF and attack in Draco, Assuming the 3rd SF will take a beating, next turn they can retreat and be replaced by the 3rd DD from Vega. - Fleet rotation. Keep the pressure on while we can resupply and return to battle.

While the 2nd LSF and other fleet attack Hyrda against the 1st Nordera
1st Nordera Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 16 (10+2)
Capital attack strength: 13 (8+2)
Fighters at 136% Strength
Capital ships at 137% Strength

We need to try and secure Hydra and eliminate the 1st Nordera, eliminating 1st Fleet anything is good.

Also noting, it is currently 15 fleets vs 9. We should do our best to maximise our numbers through fleet rotation and constant pressure to eliminate enemy fleets. Regardless of which race.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

Where possible, I still think it will be beneficial to eliminate enemy fleets, including the Nordera. One less fleet for us to deal with so we can project more firepower onto other targets.

As for Draco, Pull the 1st CRF and DD out to Vega or Aquarius, 3rd DD to Vega.
2nd LSF can move into Hydra while 2 fleets reinforce the 3rd SF and attack in Draco, Assuming the 3rd SF will take a beating, next turn they can retreat and be replaced by the 3rd DD from Vega. - Fleet rotation. Keep the pressure on while we can resupply and return to battle.

While the 2nd LSF and other fleet attack Hyrda against the 1st Nordera
1st Nordera Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 16 (10+2)
Capital attack strength: 13 (8+2)
Fighters at 136% Strength
Capital ships at 137% Strength

We need to try and secure Hydra and eliminate the 1st Nordera, eliminating 1st Fleet anything is good.

Also noting, it is currently 15 fleets vs 9. We should do our best to maximise our numbers through fleet rotation and constant pressure to eliminate enemy fleets. Regardless of which race.
Why have you changed your mind from kicking the Hertak in the balls? If we do that, that will get them off the front line, then we can work on the other enemy fleets. We can't just leave the Hertak there to deal their obscene damage. By the time they get back on the front, the Cyrvans should be near. The Hertak will be off the front line for at least 2 turns I think, more likely 3.

And if we're lucky, it might scare the Fura'ngle. They were on Very Low morale until the Hertak arrived to "motivate" them.

Please don't worry about the 1st Nordera. Their stats are still weak, 1st or not. I bet one of our fleets could take them 1v1.

The 2nd LSF is too weak.

2nd LSF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 10 (19+2+1)
- Capital attack strength: 9 (14+1)
- Fighters at 51% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 54% Strength

It needs to do a double resupply.

Offline Veers

At no point am I trying to change my view of kicking them in the balls, I just want to make sure we put as much constant pressure onto them while maintaining our own fleets.

Odd, I must have read the wrong info as I didn't know the 2nd LSF was down on strength... let me go back and read everything before I try again,

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

Odd, I must have read the wrong info as I didn't know the 2nd LSF was down on strength... let me go back and read everything before I try again,
You might have looked at the post at the top of the game thread page. I kept doing that initially when scrolling, so in the end I opened another tab, and had the top of Turn 4 in one Tab and the bottom of Turn 4 in the other one. And then I copy-pasted all the ally fleets into a document to start working on my plans.

Also, the 2nd LSF would have been in the 80s if it hadn't missed it's turn. Where is Dragon anyway? He's been active on HLP, but not in here.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
2nd DD vs 1st Nordera seems a fair move, with both sides giving as good as they get.  2nd DD will need to retreat next turn obviously, although it'll get a little close if the 1st Fura'ngle decides to move to Hydra & attack them as well as the 1st Nordera.  Of course, if the 1st Hertak or 3rd Nordera move to Hydra as well, 2nd DD is dead, but I think that unlikely since it'll mean retreat damage for someone, or the loss of the 1st Hertak the following turn.

Actually - consider this, 3rd SF uses Blitz on the 1st Hertak, moves to Kardoen & secures it next turn instead of attacking the 1st Hertak.  Too risky given that we don't know what's off-screen waiting to pounce on them?  The payoff is a good chance of destroying 1st Hertak in turn 5 because they won't be able to resupply... what do you think mobcdmoc3?  Death & Glory? :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

2nd DD vs 1st Nordera seems a fair move, with both sides giving as good as they get.  2nd DD will need to retreat next turn obviously, although it'll get a little close if the 1st Fura'ngle decides to move to Hydra & attack them as well as the 1st Nordera.  Of course, if the 1st Hertak or 3rd Nordera move to Hydra as well, 2nd DD is dead, but I think that unlikely since it'll mean retreat damage for someone, or the loss of the 1st Hertak the following turn.

Actually - consider this, 3rd SF uses Blitz on the 1st Hertak, moves to Kardoen & secures it next turn instead of attacking the 1st Hertak.  Too risky given that we don't know what's off-screen waiting to pounce on them?  The payoff is a good chance of destroying 1st Hertak in turn 5 because they won't be able to resupply... what do you think mobcdmoc3?  Death & Glory? :)
If the 2nd DD doesn't attack the Nordera, it should be safe. Their task is simply to be in the system to stop it being taken. And if the Hertak did attack, well, it would be the furthest thing in the World from a pointless death with us being able to avenge them by wiping out the Hertak.

I wouldn't use Blitz. We don't need to take such risks. Plus, no heirarchy fleets came in this turn. Who knows what could show up next turn...

The Hertak would just move back two systems instead of one, and whatever came in would block our attack.

If we were chasing down the Cordi, then I just might be tempted to use Blitz on them. :p

But with regards to the Hertak, I don't think my sacrifice would be worth it, especially considering we don't know the consequences of total annihilation and with the Cyrva potentially coming to our aid.

Offline Lorric

If we were chasing down the Cordi, then I just might be tempted to use Blitz on them. :p
He he, isn't your Soryu glad he's not up here with me and all the Cordi? :)

After we take out the 3rd Cordi, I think we should have a little chat with the 5th Cordi, about what happened to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Cordi...

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
The Hertak would just move back two systems instead of one, and whatever came in would block our attack.

That'd depend on when the system flips from friendly to contested.  As soon as the cavalry enter from unknown systems?  Then the 1st Hertak can retreat.

If it flips to contested at the end of turn, then the 1st Hertak can't even enter the system without a special ability. 

A moot point anyway since...

But with regards to the Hertak, I don't think my sacrifice would be worth it, especially considering we don't know the consequences of total annihilation and with the Cyrva potentially coming to our aid.

Fair enough, I may have done it if it was my own fleet, but I accept that it's a very risky move to try :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Good to see you're back in the game, Lorric. I'm supporting the attack-the-Hertak plan. We can hold the 1st Nordera without any further investment; the Hertak-led attack in Draco needs to be blunted ASAP. And yeah, let's not take unnecessary risks with Blitz when we're doing alright as it is.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

Good to see you're back in the game, Lorric. I'm supporting the attack-the-Hertak plan. We can hold the 1st Nordera without any further investment; the Hertak-led attack in Draco needs to be blunted ASAP. And yeah, let's not take unnecessary risks with Blitz when we're doing alright as it is.
Thanks.

Go forth, Lepanto! Go forth and destroy the Hertak and scare the hell out of the Fura'ngle!

Attacking the Hertak. I'm looking forward to your RP account of that! Your first battle, and it's the Hertak! :D

Offline Lorric

Well, well, lookee here! Look what I found!

Cyrvan Star Armada: 1/1
1st Fleet - under the command of Admiral Droid803 on the flagship Dimensional Eclipse

So the Cyrvans have droids commanding their fleets?  :lol:

A surprise to be sure. I thought Spoon would control them.

Offline Veers

We have Droid!, We have Droid!

I declare total Victory under our Elf-Overlords. :D

That came out in my head in a sing-song type way. Interesting... Welcome Aboard Droid803!

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

AdmiralRalwood, Admiral MS lemme know here what traits you wanna pick for your promotion (Both of you have admiral in your name, it seemed fitting)
Nice! Now what should I choose? Aggressive leader, Master in logistics or Inspirational leader cause of the low base morale - hard decision...

If the 2nd DD doesn't attack the Nordera, it should be safe. Their task is simply to be in the system to stop it being taken. And if the Hertak did attack, well, it would be the furthest thing in the World from a pointless death with us being able to avenge them by wiping out the Hertak.
Sitting alone in a front line system makes me feel uneasy. I expect at least one reinforcement fleet to come in either from the back or from Draco forcing me to run away next turn.
Just note that your fleet actions make it hard to get a fresh reinforcement fleet into Hydra out of or through Draco (with 2nd LSF inactive). I might have to do an uncovered retreat in addition to leaving the system alone.
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Regardless of what the 5th Cordi actually looks like, I'd love to pounce that Zy fleet, give Aldebaran some breathing space before the Fura'ngle comes in. With two fleets focusing their fire in Tauri, they could probably beat the crap out of the Zy there as well.

Offline Flak

At least good thing that the DD fleets are beginning to 'turn red'. And did the 1st CRF enjoyed killing the Fura'ngle a little too much?

Offline Lorric

Veers, why are you going to Aquarius? You do not need to. You can resupply in Vega.

Sitting alone in a front line system makes me feel uneasy. I expect at least one reinforcement fleet to come in either from the back or from Draco forcing me to run away next turn.
Just note that your fleet actions make it hard to get a fresh reinforcement fleet into Hydra out of or through Draco (with 2nd LSF inactive). I might have to do an uncovered retreat in addition to leaving the system alone.
The 2nd LSF will be on full strength next turn. If it becomes necessary, it can move in on it's first action, and cover your withdrawal on your second action.

On the promotion, you know what I'd take, morale. If you end up taking a heavy beating on low morale, that could be the end of you... don't forget, it not only will provide a permanant 1/1 boost, and protection from what I just said, but it also provides greater resistance to having your morale reduced (I think from the description.)

It is of course your choice.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:44:31 am by Lorric »