Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163693 times)

Offline Flak

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
So that is how the Zy capital ships looks like. The carriers almost as big as Armageddons?

Offline Lorric

So that is how the Zy capital ships looks like. The carriers almost as big as Armageddons?
From about 1:10 here you can get a look at them. Also you can see them directly compared to a Hertak Armageddon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT7genOP62c

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
 :yes: We've got them on the run!

I fully support finishing off the 1st Zy, but after that, I have a suggestion: Once we've cleared out all enemies to the north, I recommend we withdraw to Aldebaran. That way, any Hierarchy fleets arriving from off-map will have to move twice through Crux to get to Aldebaran, so they can't attack on the same turn they arrive.

Also, Spoon, if you wouldn't mind, could you please hand out a few more promotions to some people?
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

:yes: We've got them on the run!

I fully support finishing off the 1st Zy, but after that, I have a suggestion: Once we've cleared out all enemies to the north, I recommend we withdraw to Aldebaran. That way, any Hierarchy fleets arriving from off-map will have to move twice through Crux to get to Aldebaran, so they can't attack on the same turn they arrive.

Also, Spoon, if you wouldn't mind, could you please hand out a few more promotions to some people?
I wonder if Spoon will expand the map for us? We'll have to see how things are after this turn.

On promotions, I was thinking since there have only been two and you can be promoted three times, this game must be set to last a very long time indeed.

I wonder what that ? Hertak fleet is...

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
All bets it's the Hertak Flagship fleet.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
What if I blitz Crux, 5th Cordi Fleet? It won't kill them, but it may drop their morale, hopefully into surrendering.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lorric

Oh the thought crossed my mind...

But how can we possibly beat something like that?

What if I blitz Crux, 5th Cordi Fleet? It won't kill them, but it may drop their morale, hopefully into surrendering.
Blitz doesn't work like that, the damage is dished out to you and a fleet in your system, which you "break through" into the next system.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer

You got a bet. I say it's '3rd Hertak Fleet'. Too early for the OMGWTFHUGEDESTRUCTORBEAMZSPAWNOFDEATH.

"Rear Admiral Ivan Dimitrievic Kalazonitov, you presence is requested... or should I say, demanded in the Aquarius system. Your fleet is to rendevous with the 2nd Homeguard by orders of Xiau Yi Delest."

I call bull****. That's no military order, that's an invitation for tea - and a bad one at that. When am I supposed to RDV? Must I double move to Aquarius this turn, or can I fight in Draco / retreat to Vega and go to Aqua next turn?

Spoon, don't hurry to answer, I'll wait for the RP post.

And I expect info on the Homeguard. I am an Admiral of the Delest Navy - I should have some general info on the Homeguard fleets (commanding officers, quality of crews etc), and some idea about why they are pulling me off the front lines (in which I enjoy a forward entrenched position).

And is that communication officer wearing a strapless gown or something? Can I make it standard issue in the 2nd Fleet?  ;7

'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Veers

Veers, Admiral of the 1st CRF - Vega

Alrighty let me see now...

Judging my the fact we have 2 ZY fleets suddenly going south, I'm going to assume that is definitely (or a high chance of it being the Hertak god Fleet. Or the Hertak are just plain p*ssed at their losses in the southern sector at this time.

The appearance of the CSA may also have grabbed their attention.

Now as for Vega, we have a problem.. 2 Income ZY Fleets.

So far Draco is still contested with two Nordera Fleets, and remains very much open to additional Hertak attack, however, The Hertak may move north to keep the pressure on two fronts or attempt a breakthrough on the south, Through Draco, Vega and Hydra.

If they enter Hydra, we stand a strong chance of losing Draco, simply because we have no friendly systems to jump reinforcements into, and any retreats must pass through Vega or Hydra which may both be occupied next turn.

So potentially, Draco will be lost. And Admiral Kalazonitov may not be in the best position by the sounds of it. Unless all the DD's requests are demands. :/

Anyway, Back to Vega and me. Cause I'm awsum. . .

Vega will need reinforcements, However we stand a good chance at severely damaging several hostile fleets (and destroying said fleets asap) in the next turn or two. I'll dig in and try and hold against the 2nd Zy for their turn, but I may be required to evac shortly afterwards as I don't believe I can hold both fleets at once.

Or I'll go down and take them both with me, that is also acceptable. :P

Final Note. 2nd DD Homeguard. Shiny ship symbol.. ooo

tl;dr

Vega needs reinforcements. 1st CRF will hold against 2nd Zy and will probably have to retreat against 2 Zy Fleets.

Hertak unhappy at losses and appearance of the CSA. Could push North for Pressure or attempt breakthough Via Hydra to claim Draco (no friendly systems attached as Hydra and Vega contested)

I'm awsum and 2nd DD Homeguard as shiny ship symbol.. ooo

:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:13:09 am by Veers »
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
What REALLY concerns me is the conglomeration of Hertak+Hertak+Fura in Kardoen. I haven't done the math, but I am sure that with the Hertak resupplying and providing a morale bonus to the Fura, the STACK OF DOOM will be able to move to Hydra and 1-turn-kill a defending fleet. Theoretically, they can crawl forward one system at a time, killing one of our fleets every turn and I honestly have no idea how we can stop them without losing 1-2 fleets. I believe the southern front will get absolutely mauled during the upcoming turns.

Also, DAT KAMIKAZE. The Nordera suddenly became quite dangerous.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Veers

I reckon the target will be Hydra, if they attack there. They can severely hit our southern from and we lose the ability to defend/stall them at Draco.

They've nearly had Draco twice and we've beaten them by holding it. We'll lose it as we'll loose Vega to Contested status.

So we're in a tad trouble now, however we have several fleets south south, so worst comes to worst. We'll have to fight fire with fire and take heavy damage to halt their attack. Hopefully planned without losses to ourselves.

Could also get the northern fleets to attack Algol and make the Hertak thing we might come straight at their backsides. Could possibly slow any major push to the south if we take it or heavily damage the Fura'ngle there.

Plenty of options, so little time.. haha

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Spoon: In the combat calculation you forgot the barrage my fleet (2nd DD) had prepared and not yet used. Though not sure if these 4% would have reduced the damage of the Nordera kamikaze.
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Spoon, you haven't applied the bonuses to the 4th CRF (3rd gen + morale.)
fix'd

Okay, another question. Spoon, you told us if we talk to the Hierarchy, you'll have them talk back. But no one has tried it yet. Is there any restriction on who we can talk to? Can I talk to any Hierarchy? just those in my system? Somewhere inbetween?
Communication range with the enemy is up till one starlance jump away.

I was planning on doing that, it just kinda slipped by last night.
Stay tuned.

"Rear Admiral Ivan Dimitrievic Kalazonitov, you presence is requested... or should I say, demanded in the Aquarius system. Your fleet is to rendevous with the 2nd Homeguard by orders of Xiau Yi Delest."

I call bull****. That's no military order, that's an invitation for tea - and a bad one at that. When am I supposed to RDV? Must I double move to Aquarius this turn, or can I fight in Draco / retreat to Vega and go to Aqua next turn?

Spoon, don't hurry to answer, I'll wait for the RP post.

And I expect info on the Homeguard. I am an Admiral of the Delest Navy - I should have some general info on the Homeguard fleets (commanding officers, quality of crews etc), and some idea about why they are pulling me off the front lines (in which I enjoy a forward entrenched position).
The RP post will get you most of that info  :nod:
General info about those fleets: They have the best of what the Delest technological department can offer, 4th gen fighters, capital ships that are in excellent condition equipped with the heaviest of weaponry. Crew tends to be well trained and good on morale but inexperienced. 

And is that *pic* communication officer wearing a strapless gown or something? Can I make it standard issue in the 2nd Fleet?  ;7

*Video*
  :lol:
Yes something of the sort, and yes you totally could  :p

Spoon: In the combat calculation you forgot the barrage my fleet (2nd DD) had prepared and not yet used. Though not sure if these 4% would have reduced the damage of the Nordera kamikaze.
Ah sorry!
Well as you said, it wouldn't have mattered in this case, so lets say for the sake of simplicity that your currently prepared barrage has not been expended last fight.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Communication range with the enemy is up till one starlance jump away.
Nice. No chit-chat for me this turn then, but I think this is definitely something we should discuss and explore possibilities with.

EDIT: Where should we put what we say to the enemy?

WANT.

And what are the Hertak doing letting the Zy cruise around in those monsters with their special jump technology, while the Cordi are restricted to those (comparitively) crappy motherships? What was it they used to have, Jelgathi Class Carriers or something?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:53:31 am by Lorric »

Offline Lorric

Ummm… Veers? I really would prefer it if you would please consider instead helping to destroy the 3rd Nordera. It can’t be done without you. Let me try and explain again, better this time.

The 2nd SF would travel to Vega to meet the Zy. There’s no need to await the Zy. We won’t be able to do anything to them until next turn. The 2nd SF can move to Vega, and the 3rd DD as well. The 2nd SF will be able to cover the 3rd DD as it retreats to meet the Homeguard Fleet. Hopefully the Zy will hit the 3rd DD, leaving us more strength for the counterattack.

South, the 2nd DD can Resupply and Travel to Hydra. The 3rd SF is almost full strength, so I would advise Travel to Hydra and defend. The 2nd LSF should double Resupply to restore the damage inflicted by the suicidal Nordera. Hydra would be able to hold at least a turn even if the STACK OF DOOM comes rolling in. As far as the STACK OF DOOM goes, if it does start taking people out, well, there’s nothing we can do about that. But we’d still have two fleets there even if one was lost.

If the 1st CSA, the 1st CRF and the 4th CRF engage the 3rd Nordera, we can wipe them out. The 4th CRF should use the Zeal special before attacking.

1st CSA Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 21+10=31 (23)
- Capital attack strength: 19+11=30 (20)
- Fighters at 93% Strength
- Capital ships at 93% Strength
- Morale: Normal

1st CRF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 21+10=31 (16+2+3)
- Capital attack strength: 20+11=31 (17+3)
- Fighters at 100% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 100% Strength
- Morale: Zealous

4th CRF Fleet (+ Zeal)
- Fighter attack strength: 20+9=29 (16+2+2)
- Capital attack strength: 18+10=28 (17+2)
- Fighters at 100% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 95% Strength
- Morale: Very High

Damage: 91/89 (sick damage! :cool:) Received - 5/5 per fleet.

vs.

3rd Nordera Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 10+5=15 (10+3)
Capital attack strength: 9+5=14 (8+3)
Fighters at 69% Strength
Capital ships at 70% Strength
Morale: Zealous

This is the only combination of ships that can engage the 3rd Nordera. If you don’t engage the 3rd Nordera, then the other two are just going to be left twiddling their thumbs, there’s nothing meaningful for them to do. 5/5 damage will barely scratch the allied fleets, it’s a good move to make. Then we can plan out where to move everyone next turn, we’ll have 3 fleets in Hydra, 3 fleets in Draco, and 2 in Vega, though one will be leaving. Everyone will be in good shape, and we’ll have plenty of flexibility to move people around.

Oh, and a tip, I don't do an RP on the current turn's actions until the deadline hits.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:42:51 am by Lorric »

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I don't know if you're blind Lorric, but Veers is doing the smart thing by covering our rears from a Zy flanking attack.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Lorric

I don't know if you're blind Lorric, but Veers is doing the smart thing by covering our rears from a Zy flanking attack.
Ummm, my plan accounts for that...

Offline Veers

Fair point on the RP, but I've had it going in my head all day and wanted to post something.

I did cut out more than 1/2 the post in regards to the actual Zy and all. I was looking forward to it haha

Derpy derp Veers again :)

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

Fair point on the RP, but I've had it going in my head all day and wanted to post something.

I did cut out more than 1/2 the post in regards to the actual Zy and all. I was looking forward to it haha

Derpy derp Veers again :)
Does this mean you're going to attack the Nordera?

As for the Zy, I don't think you could have done it anyway even if you'd stayed while they're in their special jump. But you'll still be able to talk to them next turn if you like, you'll only be one system away, so that's within range.

Offline Veers

Sorry about my delays, I'm currently on a dial-up connection probably no faster than about 36kb/s. Loading these pages takes forever and a day.

I'll make some edits tomorrow Lorric, :) and it gives me a better chance to see what everyone is posting instead of missing all the new ones while I load something.

Yea, I'll attack the Nordera. I can change my RP to setting up Vega's defence and leaving an automated message etc etc.

However I liked the idea of sitting there to welcome them, everything else suddenly became invisible and only Vega, myself and them remained. Was an interesting feeling to be honest. :)

EDIT:

I'll bite with the attack as we can wipe out an enemy fleet, we need to be doing this. Hertak or not, the need to go where ever possible.

But we still stand to loose Draco if both Vega and Hydra go contested, as we cannot reinforce our position. So I still think, we will end up on the backfoot if this occurs, however, the Hertak has the advantage in Draco if this is the case.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:11:17 am by Veers »

WoD - I like Crystal. <3