Author Topic: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1 & 2  (Read 106499 times)

Re: RELEASE - Wings of Dawn Episode 1 & 2
Go into the control settings and find the "view up" command and unbind it. It seems like the game thinks you're constantly pressing it.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline AdDur

I have the same problem with "Shopping" mission and scrolling during buying stuff, but knossos doesn't allows me to change resolution over 1280x1024...

Whoops, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 03:42:52 pm by manwiththemachinegun »

I get into a soft lock during the Episode 1 Gauntlet: After wave three, the game just refuses to spawn any more ships.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I get into a soft lock during the Episode 1 Gauntlet: After wave three, the game just refuses to spawn any more ships.
Hm, what difficulty are you playing on? Try setting it to something else and see if it still happens.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

I was playing on Hard before, now set to "Real" and it was fine.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I was playing on Hard before, now set to "Real" and it was fine.
Gotcha, so it's specific issue with the next wing not arriving on Hard.
Noted, thanks for the report.
Urutorahappī!!

I haven't played Freespace in a while, but I loved WOD episode 1 even before all the changes, so I'm definitely going to give this a shot. Thanks Spoon! (Also, this is my first time trying the Knossos installer- it seems cool as heck).

I made an account just to be able to make this post.

When using the Knossos Version of Wings of Dawn when just trying to start the game up, I get

Error:wod-part.tbm(line 332):
Error: Failed to load effect steam!
File parselo.cpp
Line: 303

In a box asking for me to either debug or exit, althoguh clicking either option doesn't either debug or exit resulting in the use of task manager.
If you need to see the entire log for the mod, please post some quick directions on how I can find it.
Thank you for your assistance.

Offline Axem

On the home tab, can you click that arrow drop down box on the bottom of the WoD tile and go "Check File Integrity"? I'm just thinking that something didn't download correctly.

When checking file integrity, it claims that 2 packages are invalid
1) Package hud 2 of mod Wings of Dawn
2) Packages maps of mod Wings of Dawn

It should be noted that prior to posting about parselo.cpp, that I had already verified that these 2 packages were bad and had attempted to reinstall them through the verifying process.
After attempting to reinstall them, nothing changed and they were still invalid.
When I finish downloading them, Knossos pops up an error about how there was a critical failure (remembering this from memory, I don't have the text box available).
I have no idea what I could do about these invalid packages if knossos keeps installing them wrong.
It should be noted that I reinstalled Freespace 2 and Knossos just yesterday after having had my C drive factory reset a couple of months ago, I am also using windows defender currently if that could be quarentining the files, although from a quick inspection, it doesn't seem to be doing that.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
If Knossos for some reason keeps giving you invalid packages, you might want to try a manual download link instead. There's not that much we can do about Knossos not cooperating unfortunately.

I haven't played Freespace in a while, but I loved WOD episode 1 even before all the changes, so I'm definitely going to give this a shot. Thanks Spoon! (Also, this is my first time trying the Knossos installer- it seems cool as heck).
  :yes:
Urutorahappī!!

I was just wondering if this is specifically a Knossos issue or if it was an issue with Wings of Dawn. I have previously attempted to download Wings of Dawn as a standalone and haven't been able to get past the initial selection of "Ready Room". If you have any other suggestions, for how to not get this parselo.cpp error, please offer them up, otherwise I guess I will try the standalone again.

Offline Axem

That parselo error is from the game being unable to read a certain effect due to a problem with one of the archives. Either an archive is corrupt, incomplete, or otherwise unreadable by the game. I've seen that error while we were just about to release and it was certainly fixed. My only advice is to keep trying with the download. :(

I don't think its a problem with WoD or Knossos, we've had many people with successful downloads and there's been no recent changes.

I just tried redownloading those files again and now they work. I have no idea if running knossos with admin mode or running it in 7 compatibility mode affected anything but it seems to work now. Thank you for any advice given.

Offline Axem

No prob. Happy to see that fixed it. :)

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Finally got round to playing this one, loving it so far! Much dakka, very delight. Really digging the art too, the quality is amazing. Also, that soundtrack, dayum.

Just wanted to chime in and say I've gotten it too, although changing the difficulty does work, maybe add this workaround to the op?

Ok, got a new issue.

This one isn't a problem with launching the game.

I am on the gaunlet mission shortly after meeting Tempest and Justice.
I start the mission and complete waves 1, 2, and 3. Then my fighter gets rearmed.
After that, wave 4 never spawns, it doesn't spawn when waiting in regular time, and it doesn't spawn when speeding time up to 64x and having over 55 minutes pass in-game.
There is also not a feature to exit early from the mission.

The only thing I can think to do is to let the wave 2 fighters kill me and hope it progresses the game, however, I really wanted to do the gauntlet.

Can you please tell me if there is a way to make wave 4 spawn in to continue the gauntlet?

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
Read the reply above yours.
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Yup, I posted, and "then" decided to read the other posts again as opposed to in the opposite order.
I see the fix.
Thank you.