Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 189074 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
Next gen Vasudan fleet? Link required!
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Next gen Vasudan fleet? Link required!

A number of mods have shown screenshots of them, including Earth Defense. Don't see anything great on the wiki.

They are one alternative that has been explored but not the only one.

Offline Darius

Offline Delta_V

What other high-poly Vasudan ships are there besides Stratcomm's?  The only one I can think of is the remade Hedetet.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a youtube vid of an Aten fending off shivan bombers with BPs pulse weapons? It looked pretty kickass, especially on such a ****ty warship.

Offline -Sara-

Kalin' gah Vasuu' dah

Slightly expected those, saw older versions of them on the wiki I think some time ago and thought they were of the quality which'd look really good ingame. :)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
And the BP team have been using quite a few Stratcomm models for the GTVA, maybe WiH should be renamed into Steve-O and esarai VS Stratcomm: War for Supremacy.  ;) (not as much for R2, I suppose)

No, but seriously, whatever the team chooses, it's really the way they bring these ships to life. Sekhr really brought the Bellerophon and Chimera to life, showing how they have be used effectively in combat. The models enable the team execute these idea, I suppose, and they probably shape and inspire them to some degree, but ultimately it's what we see in action, no?
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Darius

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a youtube vid of an Aten fending off shivan bombers with BPs pulse weapons? It looked pretty kickass, especially on such a ****ty warship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj2fNcW_ZIM

They do look pretty cool actually...I may use these as inspiration for when the full Vasudan arsenal gets set up.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well a battuta said earlier the Vasudans would be a bit more advanced than the tevs and buntus. Hope the Pharaoh design is one of these!

I don't think I've seen a ship called the Pharaoh, but the name sounds promising.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Well a battuta said earlier the Vasudans would be a bit more advanced than the tevs and buntus. Hope the Pharaoh design is one of these!

I don't think I've seen a ship called the Pharaoh, but the name sounds promising.
The two screens of the Pharaoh I've seen look pretty high-tech compared to other Vasudan ships. And awesome. :)

Offline -Sara-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/Pharaoh.png

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Those rapid-fire pulse weapons do look pretty awesome - they give an almost WWII naval AA fire feel I'd to work into a mod (if I weren't in grad school damnit). Are they stock BP or modified?
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj2fNcW_ZIM

They do look pretty cool actually...I may use these as inspiration for when the full Vasudan arsenal gets set up.

that's how blobs/multiparts should have worked from the begining.  :yes:
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
And as the vid description says it's (mostly) how pulse cannons work right now, which is the inspiration.

Pulse cannons are super overpowered, though, so we'll have to get some sane variants if we want more broad mounting.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
can't be THAT much worse than the burst flak and whatever else is on the frigates.  but that's the way i like it personally anyway.  fighters aren't SUPPOSED to be able to kill capital ships.

(yeah yeah game balance etc. etc.....)

btw i meant the beginning of Freespace, not BP.  that wasn't a dig at the mod.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations

That was me that made those, based on the pulse weapons from BP AoA, I thought they should be green, for some reason as the red ones in Wih seemed a bit to shivan. For the BP team, if you's want to take a look at them, i can email them as the original download has been removed from the topic i created showing that clip off.

The Ship wasn't a aten it was the Newet, the vasudan version of the Aeolus and its a pretty good model also there is the Tempeth which is a heavy destroyer, the one with the big fins at the front.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline -Norbert-

And as the vid description says it's (mostly) how pulse cannons work right now, which is the inspiration.

Pulse cannons are super overpowered, though, so we'll have to get some sane variants if we want more broad mounting.
I'd suggest makeing them fire salvoes, but then the UEF already does that....

Offline -Sara-

Area/Splash damage!  >:D

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i thought BP's pulse shots were blue/silver?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Ship wasn't a aten it was the Newet, the vasudan version of the Aeolus and its a pretty good model also there is the Tempeth which is a heavy destroyer, the one with the big fins at the front.

What the heck is a Tempeth?
Never heard of it, never seen it. Only mention on the search is some ancient model made like 10 years ago.
Download link doesn't exist for it anymore.
Is it really that good quality?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================