Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 188134 times)

Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
Byrne and strategic deterrence sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G ...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Incidentally, what were the arguments against ALL GTVA DESTROYERS TO SOL again? I forgot.

Not necessary to have them there, keeping the peace back home, defense in case of Shivans, that whole thing I believe.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
seriously though how hilarious would it be to have 10 GTVA destroyers in Sol

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Seriously though, this is definitely gonna be something more interesting than a superweapon/supership/superportal. BP crew know better than this.

Having some secret inside information that is most likely out of date, I'd wager that they actually didn't with the first rendition of WiH.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Incidentally, what were the arguments against ALL GTVA DESTROYERS TO SOL again? I forgot.
Quote from: Blueplanet.Hard-Light.net
We will deploy significant force to the Sol theater, maintaining at least five destroyer groups in-system at all time to effect a quick resolution. In case of another Shivan outbreak, we will not compromise our perimeter or our quick-reaction forces.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Seriously though, this is definitely gonna be something more interesting than a superweapon/supership/superportal. BP crew know better than this.
Having some secret inside information that is most likely out of date, I'd wager that they actually didn't with the first rendition of WiH.
DO YOU SEE? DO YOU SEE?

Quote from: Blueplanet.Hard-Light.net
We will deploy significant force to the Sol theater, maintaining at least five destroyer groups in-system at all time to effect a quick resolution. In case of another Shivan outbreak, we will not compromise our perimeter or our quick-reaction forces.
Have the Vasudans do that.

Apart from the obvious arguments (home front, Shivans) I mean.

seriously though how hilarious would it be to have 10 GTVA destroyers in Sol

Quite Hilarious. You could probably win the war with Fighter assets alone at that point. Could make for a fun "Ultimate Karuna Gauntlet" mission. Nothing but Bombers for AU around. Course, then the Shivans would pick THAT moment to kick in the door and mess up the GTVA core systems.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

You are wrong. Beta testers never saw anything that would've constituted a spoiler. Beta testers did see plenty of random test crap or stuff left from the alpha.

Absolute discretion is a condition of testing; had you actually seen anything worth hiding you could have just really ruined things. Please don't. This is the second time you've tried to spoil the ending right out in the open, and even though you don't have the information required to do it, it speaks to qualities totally unbecoming of the job you were asked to do.

God I hope not. Mainly because Gargant :wtf:

There better be a Gargant or I'm going to be pissed off :(
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
God I hope not. Mainly because Gargant :wtf:

There better be a Gargant or I'm going to be pissed off :(

Upload the HTL model and we'll take a look at including it.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You liek big stuff. Compensating for something ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Doko

I wouldn't mind an explanation on how exactly they are hiding this earth's secret project on such a small portion of space. Considering the GTVA already has control of jupiter reducing the number of planets where this facility could be located.

Was it an orbital installation ? a secret underground facility on mercury/venus? It just seems any facility worth sacrificing the whole space production capability of earth would be heavily defended and thus attract attention. GTVA does have stealth recon spacecraft after all.

I figured they were using some mobile vessel or vessels similar to the way the GTVA employs their Logistics ships. It took the UEF having an inside contact to find one of those, and they knew they existed. As far as we know, the GTVA has no idea that the Bei's project exists, much less where it's installations and ships might be.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Absolute discretion is a condition of testing; had you actually seen anything worth hiding you could have just really ruined things. Please don't. This is the second time you've tried to spoil the ending right out in the open, and even though you don't have the information required to do it, it speaks to qualities totally unbecoming of the job you were asked to do.

Considering your recent behaviors as a moderator, you are in no position to speak of "absolute conditions" of the job.

More to the point, I am also operating off and speaking of things that I know are not true and you should as well. I am revealing information that is months old and totally incorrect; the incorrectness of this information was asked of and affirmed back when I was still testing no less! The only value this information has to anyone is as a historical footnote. It is also so vague and inspecific as to be useless. A "supership/superweapon/superportal" could mean damn near anything and at this level of vagueness will make people curious about what happens. My commentary on Snail's comment says absolutely nothing of a spoiling nature. It's literally as vague as his is, and must be because it's agreement with him.

So kindly shut the **** up, I'm not revealing your secrets and I'm not trying to.

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Whoa, whoa, hang on. Small portion of space?

Space is huge! Sol (like any star system) is gigantic! In the BPverse, the big method of detection is subspace transits. Now, hiding anything in space can be tricky, because generally there is no 'cover' or real means of concealment - but there are ways.

Considering your recent behaviors as a moderator, you are in no position to speak of "absolute conditions" of the job.

More to the point, I am also operating off and speaking of things that I know are not true and you should as well. I am revealing information that is months old and totally incorrect; the incorrectness of this information was asked of and affirmed back when I was still testing no less! The only value this information has to anyone is as a historical footnote. It is also so vague and inspecific as to be useless. A "supership/superweapon/superportal" could mean damn near anything and at this level of vagueness will make people curious about what happens. My commentary on Snail's comment says absolutely nothing of a spoiling nature. It's literally as vague as his is, and must be because it's agreement with him.

So kindly shut the **** up, I'm not revealing your secrets and I'm not trying to.

That's funny, I think my moderation's been excellent and quite in the proud tradition of HLP's best.

Just abide by a simple rule: don't talk about anything that might even be vaguely related to anything you've seen that has not been released to the public. What you said could've done some real damage if we hadn't been more careful. Disconfirmation is as serious as confirmation, and when your judgment on the matter falters you'll have to bow to ours.

Judging by the strength of your reaction I'm guessing the point got across. Any further comments from you on this line of conversation will be removed; you simply shouldn't be discussing it. You were trusted, please don't betray that trust.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:30:28 pm by General Battuta »

Whoa, whoa, hang on. Small portion of space?

Space is huge! Sol (like any star system) is gigantic! In the BPverse, the big method of detection is subspace transits. Now, hiding anything in space can be tricky, because generally there is no 'cover' or real means of concealment - but there are ways.

Actually, that raises a question I've had for a while. It was never really touched on in stock FS, but the BPverse has tried to stay (relatively) hard as Sci-fi goes, so I'm guessing that means you cant park a ship in  a system and do Star Trek style Deep Scans and suddenly learn where every celestial body in the System is? Planets are one thing, but mapping asteroids and space stations is another matter entirely, so If they dont have magic awesome space scanners then I see no problem with them stashing a research station of some type wherever they needed to. Heck, it could even be behind GTVA "lines" at this point.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:38:01 pm by PsychoLandlord »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Would you even need to hide where you're doing research?
Any scan can tell an installation's there but how exactly are you going to differentiate between a Kumari being used as a civilian station, a mini-shipyard, or as a research station?

Do you really need to hide?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
This message will be reposted every time it is removed. The point did not get across. I did you the courtesy of a response at length because I was responded to at length. Otherwise you would simply get an "lolstfu".

Absolute discretion is not a condition of testing. You know this. You've operated in this knowledge by it rooting for people like Axem and Spoon before the release of their campaigns. Don't feed me a line you're not willing to toe yourself.

I was agreeing with general sentiments expressed in the thread, i.e. you know better than this, by saying that things had changed. If you actually went down that route, it would come as a greater shock now. If you did not go down that route, no one would be surprised anyways. Come now, you've actually made the problem several orders of magnitude worse by failing to consider the ramifications before slamming out an "ohnoezbetrayal" reply.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:49:31 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Would you even need to hide where you're doing research?
Any scan can tell an installation's there but how exactly are you going to differentiate between a Kumari being used as a civilian station, a mini-shipyard, or as a research station?

Do you really need to hide?
If said research is on the level of clearance that we're discussing, then yes, I believe so. A normal research station, even a military one, would have no reason to hide itself, but we're talking about something that involves Fedaration Black Ops/Boogeymen and has eaten a good chunk of one of the most powerful military detachments in the Sol System. I think it's safe to say that Byrne and the Bei's dont want anyone finding out what this is, whatsoever, until they're good and ready. And if you hide said station out in the open, you may be difficult to pick out at first, but eventually some random patrol or recon unit will wander by, keeping tabs, get a closer look, and boom. There goes your secret. 

TL:DR, if it's this important, and they were actually capable of truly hiding it, why the hell wouldn't they?