Author Topic: Multiple Monitor / Start on second monitor  (Read 2509 times)

Multiple Monitor / Start on second monitor
I have spent a long time searching these forums, FS2 forums, FS2 options, wxlauncher options, NVidia options, Win7 options, etc, etc, trying to answer one simple question...

How do I get Diaspora to start up on a second monitor?

Currently it opens only on my laptops primary display. I wish it to open on my big-screen secondary external. I've tried wxlauncher's "Windowed" and "Full Screen Window" options and while I can drag a windowed startup onto the second monitor, I can't seem to get it full-screen on the second monitor no matter what I try.

TIA for any help.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: Multiple Monitor / Start on second monitor
The way I've gotten this to work on OS X is to make the second monitor my primary display, so you might want to try that. It should be possible in Win 7's Control Panel's Display section, under "Adjust resolution" or "Screen resolution".

Hope that helps.

Thanks, jg18.

I've considered that but it's convoluted. Since this is a laptop it could be multi-monitor or single monitor at any given moment. I've tried disabling the laptops primary display (with secondary display active) but couldn't. It didn't like that and I haven't tried debugging why. Yet.

I'm currently looking at utilizing UltraMon or DisplayFusion to specify this EXE goes onto that monitor. But then I run into the issue that Diaspora is loaded thusly; shortcut -> wxlauncher -> fs2_open_Diaspora_R1.exe [-options]. So I can't just simply point it at the one EXE.  :/

IF I can use UM or DF to say this shortcut goes onto that monitor then I guess I can settle on one set of command-line options, bypass wxlauncher entirely and just have two configs. :/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:52:21 pm by nSpectre »

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Try this:

Use UM or DF to link fs2_open_Diaspora_R1.exe to your second monitor, then in the launcher's advanced settings tab, type the following into the box labeled "Custom flags":

Code: [Select]
-res XxY

where XxY is your second monitor's resolution, so for example
Code: [Select]
-res 1920x1080

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
If not, you know, if you set a display as primary and it gets disconnected, IIRC, Windows will automatically put the other monitor that is still present as your primary.