Author Topic: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.0 (Windows, Mac & Linux)  (Read 856005 times)

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice
And if you know the very basics of modding it's a 30 sec change to revert to a FS2 radar anyway.

The RTT one? While I do know the basics of modding, I don't even know if they stuck to the DRADIS implementation via scripts or if they added it to the executable in the end. So please elaborate.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You don't have to try and put it on the RTT. In all honesty I haven't tried RTT and have no idea how it works. I just use standard HUD. And that is just a table to alter.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

~S~

First off Thank you.   Your work is fantastic.   I have played this game for some time and admitting it not for more then a year now.    Reading about this project, some time back I placed a bookmark in the HL folder.   I reformatted to Win 7 and thought gezz great time to thin out the list.  HL did stay but only the link to HL   nothing else.  Sorry.    I have installed it with the 1.0.4 patch and looks super.  However my wife i now on my case for not taking out the garbage  :)    Thanks again for all of your hard work and NOT giving up.
~S~
Honor is the only thing to hold true

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.  On a depressed fluke I googled BSG Flight Sim and found the release....WOW!  Can't tell you how wonderful it is.  I have been playing the Homeworld BSG Mod, Beyond the Red Line (way back when) and recently Nexus the Jupiter Incident Mod for BSG.  A flight sim has been long overdue; now that the 3 kids are tucked away I can finally get some play time in.

Wonderful job....absolutely speechless!

Offline Dain

- The sound effects in the cockpit are just right. The *klunk* when engaging the guns

This is one of my favorite things. It's a fairly distinctive sound from the show and the complete lack of it in the BTRL demo made me sad. Diaspora gets it pitch perfect.

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer

- The sound effects in the cockpit are just right. The *klunk* when engaging the guns

This is one of my favorite things. It's a fairly distinctive sound from the show and the complete lack of it in the BTRL demo made me sad. Diaspora gets it pitch perfect.

Thanks guys, really glad you appreciated my work on Diaspora :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I've finally got around to finishing Diaspora R1 and I'd like to congratulate the devs on releasing such an entertaining game :yes:  I should say first that haven't watched any BSG (except for a couple of TOS episodes, a *long* time ago) so I've got a bit of an outsiders view. 

Anyway, I really liked the new flight & combat model.  It took a bit of getting used to (as I've had far more recent experience with the FS2 style flight model) but once I was used to it, it was a heap of fun.  It vaguely reminded of afterburner slides from WC1/2 (hit their shield-less flanks!), except more flexible and "realistic" feeling (but not so realistic that you need a PhD to maneuver!).  I found it quite hard to hit targets from medium/long range, but I did deliberately choose to play on "medium" to avoid having autoaim.  I found the anti-fighter missiles a bit underwhelming, but I understand the need to balance outgoing vs incoming missile damage - being one-shotted by raider missiles would have been quite annoying.  I didn't find conserving ammo a problem, due to my issues with hitting from long range I tended to get up close and use short, sharp bursts which generally worked quite well.  I did find the lead reticle a bit unfamiliar at first, I think I was treating the direction-of-flight indicator as the lead reticle (oops!) which was very confusing and contributed to my inaccuracy issues.  However, in the later missions where I finally understood it, it worked quite well.  Lastly, I was really impressed with the games polish, the attention to detail was superb.

On the technical side, I am super impressed that the game remained smooth and responsive on my PC, despite the amount of firepower being thrown around by the Basestars and the Theseus.  I think I only had a single crash (in mission 5), and one minor issue in mission 6:

Spoiler:
where even though I'd landed with about 1 sec left on the timer the Prometheus jumped out without me, but then I jumped unassisted a few seconds later :lol: (this was with the 1.04 patch)

I would have liked to see a few more missions, but I feel it's churlish to complain about this when everything else was so good.  So in short, thank you very much, and I'm looking forward to seeing future releases :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

:banghead:
I cannot remember which thread I was reading, however I do remember someone mentioning additional maps or missions for Diaspora....does anyone have a direction I can follow to find additional maps or missions?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Offline CenturionModel0005

• Original Centurion
Best BSG Flight Sim Ever Please Keep it up

Offline Stardog

When I attempt to dl the patch for diaspora, Bitdefender reports that the page has malware and phishing problems and blocks it. Why is this?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
When I attempt to dl the patch for diaspora, Bitdefender reports that the page has malware and phishing problems and blocks it. Why is this?

Bitdefender is throwing a false positive, I suspect (assuming you are downloading from the official Diaspora site).

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam

I have had the same problem with Bitdefender throwing out false positives on some of the download directory pages.  I just have to open BD and turn virus shield off, then refresh the page and get what I want, then turn BD back on.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Stardog

Thanks for the speedy response. The thing that concerns me is that Bitdefender is reporting this warning as part of their cloud protection services. Doesn't that imply that there are confirmed instances of other users encountering problems as a result of previously clicking on that link? Any thoughts?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
IIRC for a bit there there was some exploit with the download servers but it was fixed a LONG time ago.. IDK if this is from that or different.  any chance of grabbing all the info possible on the BD warning and posting it?

Thank you, thank you very much!! Well done guys!
I recently "discovered" Freespace 2 (on GOG) and buy it instantly when I heard of the SCP and all improvments, mod and TC that it bring around.
Then I discovered this forum, and red about Battlestar Galctica. And I red about Diaspora, and saw the videos... I was astonished 0_0!

And now I'm watching the "remade" Battlestar Galactica on DVD's... waiting to enjoy Diaspora!

Than you so much!  :yes:

-- A new BG fan

I just gotta say that this is the single most amazing conversion I've thus far played. Okay, I haven't played that many yet but I love the emotional engagement and the utter chaos of it all. Also, semi-newtonian physics rule! I have no earthly clue how to win this though, or even if there really is a winning scenario at all. At any rate it's still an awesome- if slightly tragic- game.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Spoiler:
If by winning you mean saving the Theseus, then no, you can't. That would kinda defeat the point, wouldn't it ?

Spoiler:
Though there are certain aspects where it's possible, albeit difficult, to lose less badly.

Is there any transcript for the ending?

I've been making videos subbed in Japanese for Japanese viewers.
Unfortunately, I can't understand what they are talking about Picon...