Author Topic: Let's Play some more Dwarf Fortress, HLP! (Check the first post for a roster)  (Read 22945 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: Let's Play some more Dwarf Fortress, HLP!
Ah, it's been a while.

How is Lorric coping with the loss of his foot?

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ah dernit.

Coffin for me, yo!

Also, if Hobbie has a child, redorf me into him/her as Hobbieson. Or another dorf. Whatever's free. :P
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Peakwind needs to step up its mental health handling D:
"No"

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
So apparently I'm a real boss.  That makes me a Legendary what else in addition to mining?

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
More beatings.
The Dwarven Justice demands it!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Lorric

More beatings.
You could imagine this being a vicious cycle.

Gets it out of his system by killing someone - takes a beating - angry again, gets it out of his system by killing someone - takes a beating - angry again, gets it out of his system by killing someone...

Vicious cycles are the core mechanism of dwarven society.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Patriot

"The Fallen shall rise again!"

This ought to be a motto for our dwarves :P

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Balrogbait; first to die of old age, ready to kill from beyond the grave.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
"The Fallen shall rise again!"

This ought to be a motto for our dwarves :P

Be weary of necromancers.  :shaking:

I just had a well-establish fort go down because my mechanics didn't think it was important to rig the panic lever to the main gates. All 212 undead elves, dwarves, and humans subsequently had a party before I could find their master.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
How is Lorric coping with the loss of his foot?
As well as any dwarf could be expected to: as in, if they don't die or snap, they just shrug it off. You'll be on a crutch for the rest of your life (Toady, why haven't you implemented prosthetics yet?), but you can continue to work and live as normal. You will be a bit slower than usual, and have less-than-stable footing in a scuffle, but are otherwise unchanged.

Coffin for me, yo!

Also, if Hobbie has a child, redorf me into him/her as Hobbieson. Or another dorf. Whatever's free. :P
Yup. Already have you interred in the Hall of History, and I think you have children, so the line will continue.

So apparently I'm a real boss.  That makes me a Legendary what else in addition to mining?
I believe that a moody dwarf's highest skill is counted when making an artifact, and your highest skill was Mining. Which means that, unfortunately, you gained no new skills from your artifact.

More beatings.
You could imagine this being a vicious cycle.

Gets it out of his system by killing someone - takes a beating - angry again, gets it out of his system by killing someone - takes a beating - angry again, gets it out of his system by killing someone...
This is actually how a lot of tantrum spirals start. Which is why Stoker McAngry had to be melted down. He wasn't able to pour some cheerup on his paincakes, and his apparently hulk-like strength would invariably kill somebody important/popular and piss off the rest of the fort. I don't enjoy deliberately killing or dooming my own dwarves (unless they're an unrepentant cocksucker noble), but this was the most expedient way to handle the problem. Hm... maybe some "isolation time-out" cells are in order....
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Lorric

As well as any dwarf could be expected to: as in, if they don't die or snap, they just shrug it off. You'll be on a crutch for the rest of your life (Toady, why haven't you implemented prosthetics yet?), but you can continue to work and live as normal. You will be a bit slower than usual, and have less-than-stable footing in a scuffle, but are otherwise unchanged.

Ah, that's good. I don't know much about this game, so it's good to know Lorric shouldn't be a ticking time-bomb. Though if he did go mad, I wouldn't be putting money on a one-footed dwarf in an ass kicking contest. :)

This is actually how a lot of tantrum spirals start. Which is why Stoker McAngry had to be melted down. He wasn't able to pour some cheerup on his paincakes, and his apparently hulk-like strength would invariably kill somebody important/popular and piss off the rest of the fort. I don't enjoy deliberately killing or dooming my own dwarves (unless they're an unrepentant cocksucker noble), but this was the most expedient way to handle the problem. Hm... maybe some "isolation time-out" cells are in order....

Heh. I guess it made the same kind of sense to the creator too. Well, if time-out cells would work, it would be a good idea, save you having to squander additional dwarves.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Is it still go?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

You might be able to calm down chronically angry dorfs by making some ridiculously nice rooms and assigning them for a while. This also has the added bonus of pissing off the nobles.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
September is shaping up to be a busy month for me, but I'm going to try my damndest to get an update in this weekend. Stay tuned.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
So..... there WAS going to be a hilariously terrible story associated with today's update, but Dwarf Fortress decided to do THIS to me:

I swear on whatever you all will accept that this is a complete accident. Truly, I was fully prepared to roll with the disaster that had unfolded, but Dwarf Fortress decided it wasn't to be. Basically, a shortage of pants caused a near-tantrum spiral since dwarves apparently cannot handle being uncovered. A LOT of adult dwarves bought it, including many Named. This even follows a distribution of iron chain shirts to all adults. At least the final stage of the Armed Citizen Initiative did in fact wind up saving lives- most of the dead were berserkers put down by the militias, unequipped children, or dwarves who snapped non-violently and starved.

Not that it matters, since the crash rolled everything back. I'll try and update from this very rare reprieve from disaster as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 12:34:53 pm by IronBeer »

Offline Lorric

I imagine that's good for me. With the place in chaos, I can't see the one-footed Lorric having a very good survival chance.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm in the milita...armored and armed. I should be good...I hope...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

i was a craftsdwarf or something i think?

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I tinkered with chemicals. Dunno if that's a good or a bad thing.

But at least I can't be the cause of that kind of a problem... I think. :nervous:
Habeeb it...