Author Topic: BHX Babylonian History X - WIP  (Read 61145 times)

Offline berus

Re: BHX Babylonian History X - WIP
@Trivial Psychic

In your 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th paragraphs; "sentance" should be written as "sentence"  :D

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Cheers Triv, Had time to go through it and made the relevant changes.  I also noticed a few other spelling mistakes, all sorted now.
I converted all the bmp files to jpeg last night, they have been uploaded now :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
@Trivial Psychic

In your 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th paragraphs; "sentance" should be written as "sentence"  :D

Thanks.  I figured I'd make one or two myself along the way.  It's always easier to point out other peoples' mistakes, isn't it?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
So you guys know. BHX just pushed the game engine farther than it is happy to go. At this point the campaign doesn't work. I would have to get rid of something big in order to make it work. That would be a shame because I see what's already there as being pretty much the minimum to make the campaign interesting. We'll continue working as if everything is fine, in the hope that a SCP god (Taylor prob) can pull this one out of the fire. At the moment though I'm a bit fed up.  :(
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
. At the moment though I'm a bit fed up. :(

FRED UP

A thousand mile journey starts with one step
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Hey, Taylor has resurrected this campaign. That was quick.  :cool: Also, since Karajorma added seeded random number support to the game engine, you are now no longer able to reload a mission until it generates an easy one for you. Sorry chaps. You can use re-run previous of course if you're really rubbish. I could close that loop hole if I wanted to, but I won't. I know what you guys are like!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 05:54:36 am by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

So any news? a beta? more screens? This just looks like the only thing TBP (and freespace) always was missing: a skirmish - generator. If you get this project running the way it is planned, this would surely be the next level of this kind of quick-battle...  and I can't wait to get my hands on it...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
a skirmish - generator.

Blasphemy! It does more than that. We need voice acting before we can release a beta I'm afraid. Plus the campaign is still recovering from being temporarily dead whilst the game engine caught up, so it's in no fit state to be called an alpha at present. That said, what did you want screens of?

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Skirmish generator :lol:  Wish it was as easy as that.

Don`t forget to check out the website, plenty of screens on their and a bit more stuff to keep you going.  How many voice actors do we now have? how many do we need now?

*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
About ten. I'll upload a list.

OK, I know its NOT just a skirmish-generator... I just wanted to state that this was the thing I missed the most in FS and so in TBP. And now im NOT ONLY getting my whish but something far more enjoyable... (do you like it better this way *g*?)
Checked the website...
The post was more or less a very complicated way of saying "keep it going, it looks promising and i want to see more of it"

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Yeah we know. We were just picking on you for no reason  :lol:. Seriously though, thanks for the support and all that.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Yeah we know. We were just picking on you for no reason

Theres not many other poeple round here to pick on, so thats 1 reason :lol:
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Amazing trailer for BHX.   :yes:

good looking Vorlon Planetkillers!!!!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
BHX has been sleeping unfortunately. New daughter. Real work. Limited hours in day. Not a good combination. Frustrating when I have a whole list of cool stuff I want to add. Like the mission where the VPK is headed to your homeworld and everyone is desperately trying to blow it up before it fires. Capships doing suicide runs on it and such like. Just one cool thing on a long list of cool things in my head. Well that concludes the non-progress report for the time being. As you were.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That does give me time to finish learning C++ and implement the SEXPs you wanted though. I told you from the day you suggested it that I want those String SEXPs in there so that I can make psuedo-arrays :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline mr.WHO

could you provide one more mirror for trailer?

First one (filefront) have weard issue, longer I download then I have less transfer (till 0 kb/s) - it's weard, coz I have this issue only for this file, other file from filefront seems to d-load normally.

Secon one (that one from BHX webpage) is always full for me (it tell me that limit for my country is full)

:(

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
psuedo-arrays :)

I'll be interested in seeing how that works. I had planeed some clever stuff with the string sexps but I don't know, I'm running so short on sexp nodes these days it'll be difficult to do anything clever. Those random backgrounds look great and add to the atmosphere of the campaign hugely but boy do they take up lots of limited resources.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
BHX is awake again. New screenshots soon-ish. I say again, boy this campaign is fun to play.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Conclusive proof the Centauri can't handle Bintak dreadnaughts.