Author Topic: Freespace Port 3.4 + Media VPs release!  (Read 39021 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Freespace Port 3.4 + Media VPs release!
LATEST RELEASE: 3.4

See the official thread for details!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:10:55 pm by Goober5000 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

Re: Latest FSPort MVP releases here
Will the long awaited Valkyrie be included? :D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Uh... that depends. I know of at least three that are either finished or in progress. I promise I'll look into each of them and pick the best to go in.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
How will this interface with other mod files that use the FSPort?  Do you need to add an addition to the secondarylist for fsportmvp?  Why not just add it to the fsport file?
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Because the FSPort files are designed to be retail compatible. FSPort MVPs are not.

As for interfacing with other mod files, well, it would behave just like FS2 campaigns; you would either need to edit their mod.ini to specify the FSPortMVP folder, or make an updated version specifically for the MVP (just like the Campaign Restoration Project did with Derelict.)

Alternatively you can just plop the VP into your main FSport folder and forget about it. But that's at your own risk as then bug reports can't be reliably disentangled.

Offline peterv

Can you post a screenshot off the GTS Centaur? I started working on one and i might have to abort it and do something more productive.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
A HTL Centuar is actually about 2/3 done in among the HTL uglies. Cockpit and neck is on the Comanche, engine section is on the Navajo. Considering the overall simplicity of the thing it shouldn't be hard to whack a centre section together and make a new texture for it. Those models can be downloaded from freespacemods.net if you wanted to have a go of that.

(Incidentally there's also around 1/3 of an Athena as the right wing on the Seminole.)

BTW, if you wanted something simple to do and yet needed - well apart from the TC-Tri, SAC3 and TAC1, all the cargo units remain un-HTLed. ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:11:16 pm by Vasudan Admiral »
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline peterv

Thanks, checking on Centaur now. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 04:39:05 am by peterv »

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
There already is an HTL Centaur; I uploaded it to freespacemods at this location.

It was evidently made by:
Model - SLICK2K6
Mapping - Woomeister
Conversion - Woomeister
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
The cockpit on that thing is terrible :ick:.  Even worse than the standard one.

Offline peterv

Soon there will be two off them. Sorry, i spend the whole weekend working on Vasudan Admiral's model and i think that the result is a litle bit better.
However we must find a way of communicating more efficiently about this matter. :beamz:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 10:56:36 am by peterv »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Bumping a sticky thread. Heh.

Official 3.6.10 Media VPs are released... however due to some delays with the next FSPort release, which is also a dependency, the FSPort MVPs won't be coming for a little while. I'll do everything I can to wipe out the last remaining delays and get them both out this weekend (12/14.)

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Sweet. The community looks forward to it.
I did consider making my biggest necro-bump to ask about that in this thread...but wasnt sure if i'd get in trouble bout it.

Hmm wondering how long it will be before playing Normal-mapped FS1 and ST/ST:R....
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
*looks at calendar* No more than three weeks.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken