Author Topic: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)  (Read 141248 times)

Re: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)
I had a few questions. Sorry if its irrelevant....

1) shivans are transparent and direct. and  vishnans are mysterious and manipulative. Are the shivans more trust worthy than the vishnans?
2) What's the difference between aspect swarm and nagari? and is nagari cognitive?
3) If laporte heard from the shivans(via ken), and bei heard from vishnans, does nabirasul hear from brahmans/Ancients? whos asenath?
4) why does Ken have different objectives from the Shivans? Why did shivan tactics change after Bosch made contact with them?

When i meant hearing from ancients, i meant like Alpha 1 in FS1 who received the ancient monologues... And Battuta told that Asenath is a princess...

15-Sept-2018 +0530 GMT Kolkata, Chennai

22:42:58
battuta: asenath is a vasudan princess
22:43:00
battuta: and your wingmate in bp3
22:43:05
battuta: iirc

These are my questions...

Requiescat in pace

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi guys!

I am about to do a full Blue Planet continuity binge over the next few months because, why not.

I want to make sure I do not miss any campaigns, or play any out of sequence.

So far, I have worked out the following campaigns are part of the continuity, and chronologically should be played in this order.

•   Ancient Shivan War acts 1 and 2 (Any resemblance the ancients ships have to the Vishnans is purely coincidental  :lol: )
•   FS1 via FS Port Media VPs.
•   Trimurti
•   Silent Threat: Reborn
•   Operation Templar.
•   FS2 / FS Blue
•   Vassago’s Dirge
•   BP: Battle Captains.
•   BP: AoA, WiH etc.

Is this correct? Did I miss any? Are any of these not in the continuity? Are any in the wrong order?

The Granit Hunter files mentions something code named SADABA YEAR that “went into early stand-down after an internal event and the loss of some assets and personnel, however post mission…” is this relating to a campaign?

Any advice greatly appreciated 😊
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
I'd recommend playing the tattered remains of ASW act 3 as well.  ;)

Lol, bit of a joke, not necessary at all. But there are a couple playable missions and others partially done that shed some light on where the plot was to go.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Ooh, I didn't know there was any playable ASW act three stuff about. Do you know where I can download ? Will I need to use WXLauncher for it? Cheers 🙂
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I don't know if that qualifies, but The Mantle by Kestrellius is based on the BP modpack. Friends and Foes: Retribution made by bomb3rman is a War in Heaven side-story set between the events of AoA and WiH, but from the side of civilian... ish population.
If you also tried out some of Universal Truth 2 failure endings, you might have (presumably) found references to Transcend.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Ooh, I didn't know there was any playable ASW act three stuff about. Do you know where I can download ? Will I need to use WXLauncher for it? Cheers 🙂
https://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/?dir=uploads/Modifications/Miscellaneous&s=asw

You'll need to install it manual though.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hi guys!

I am about to do a full Blue Planet continuity binge over the next few months because, why not.

I want to make sure I do not miss any campaigns, or play any out of sequence.

So far, I have worked out the following campaigns are part of the continuity, and chronologically should be played in this order.

•   Ancient Shivan War acts 1 and 2 (Any resemblance the ancients ships have to the Vishnans is purely coincidental  :lol: )
•   FS1 via FS Port Media VPs.
•   Trimurti
•   Operation Templar.
•   FS2 / FS Blue
•   Vassago’s Dirge
•   BP: Battle Captains.

Is this correct? Did I miss any? Are any of these not in the continuity? Are any in the wrong order?

The Granit Hunter files mentions something code named SADABA YEAR that “went into early stand-down after an internal event and the loss of some assets and personnel, however post mission…” is this relating to a campaign?

Any advice greatly appreciated 😊

ASW isn't BP canon, it doesn't really mesh with how BP envisions the Ancients. I think we'd go a lot more capital-a Alien, something like the Prime from Peter F. Hamilton's Judas Unchained.

Strictly speaking the Absolutely Canon, 100% real stuff is:

•   FS1 via FS Port Media VPs
•   not Trimurti, exactly, but Trimurti is so good you should play it anyway (I only caveat it because BP's depiction of Shivan 'interiority' may differ a bit)
•   Operation Templar I guess, you're not going to get much out of this...
•   FS2 / FS Blue

Then there's nods/connections to:
•   Vassago’s Dirge
•   Transcend
•   Derelict

And cool side fanmade campaigns:
•   Mantle
•   Friends and Foes: Retribution

And Battle Captains is there if you want to give it a shot.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Awesome, thank you :-)

Offline Mito [PL]

Hey, does anyone know what VOTC (Vengeance of the Cosmos) - Serkr's Story campaign is? Seems to be quite recent and its description refers to United Earth Federation.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Then there's nods/connections to:
•   Vassago’s Dirge
•   Transcend
•   Derelict

It should be noted that the connections to VD are much more concrete/'real' than the Transcend/Derelict ones. I can more or less believe that Vassago's Dirge all literally happened in BP canon; Derelict very clearly didn't, but a couple of names and concepts are there as homages; Transcend (and Sync) are somewhere between the two, in that I doubt they literally happened but some BP material suggests something quite similar did.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Hey, does anyone know what VOTC (Vengeance of the Cosmos) - Serkr's Story campaign is? Seems to be quite recent and its description refers to United Earth Federation.

I haven't yet found any info on where it came from, but its quite fun.  Currently its a single capship command mission you need to load up from the mission simulator.  I would recommend giving it a try.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
We always get into dangerous territory when the concepts "sync" and/or "transcend" meet with the concept of "canon" or "what actually happened"  ;)

I remember there was a mission in ST-R that also gave nods to a few campaigns, it says more about the campaign designer than the actual campaign. :D Also, if Derelict was BP Canon than what about the rest of CE it is linked with?

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
SPOILERS!!!

I don't recall anything in BP mentioning the Nyarlathotep Lucy 2 from Derelict. Perhaps I just missed it, but finding a second Lucifer would have been big news. Pretty sure something that significant would have been mentioned somewhere, either in game, in the tech room/database or in the BP wiki / Granite Hunter / NEM.NOW filess.

I remember there was a mission in ST-R that also gave nods to a few campaigns, it says more about the campaign designer than the actual campaign. :D Also, if Derelict was BP Canon than what about the rest of CE it is linked with?

Again, Derelict is unquestionably not BP canon. There was not a gigantic third Shivan incursion a couple of years after Capella in BP canon.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Basically any campaign that features Shivans post-Capella and pre-AoA is not BP canon, since all the info files make it pretty clear the GTVA had no contact with the Shivans after Capella went supernova. Presumably this is partly the reason why we still have so little hard info on them by the start of AoA. (And as a player, almost zero extra info if you have not read the NEM.NOW / Granite Hunter / this: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Blue_Planet_intelligence_data and possibly this https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Blue_Planet_intelligence_data;7

Again, Derelict is unquestionably not BP canon. There was not a gigantic third Shivan incursion a couple of years after Capella in BP canon.
I didn't doubt that.

Offline Mito [PL]

Basically any campaign that features Shivans post-Capella and pre-AoA is not BP canon, since all the info files make it pretty clear the GTVA had no contact with the Shivans after Capella went supernova.
Not exactly true - using Homesick as an example, there might have been contacts but were not registered by any GTVA official. Also, doesn't the lore state that Shivans have some way of interaction with humans similar to how Vishnans do?

E: Okay, Homesick is pre-Capella, but I suppose the point stands. Mantle would be a better example.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Basically any campaign that features Shivans post-Capella and pre-AoA is not BP canon, since all the info files make it pretty clear the GTVA had no contact with the Shivans after Capella went supernova.
Not exactly true - using Homesick as an example, there might have been contacts but were not registered by any GTVA official. Also, doesn't the lore state that Shivans have some way of interaction with humans similar to how Vishnans do?

Haven't played homesick yet, its on my 'to play list', but that list is verrry long, and appears to be growing even longer than I can get through it. Curse you free mods and steam sales  :lol:

Re contact, I was referring to 'contact' in the military sense, I probably should have made that clearer. But yes your right, there probably was some vague nagari contact.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
At the risk of either great spoilers or not getting answers at all, I have a few questions:

1. How does SHAMBHALA work? I understand that it's supposed to exploit the player/the GTVA's expectation of victory through ship-to-ship combat. How does it do that?

2. In Universal Truth II Ken talks about "the assassination of our mutual foe." Is this referring to the Vishnans, and if so how would that be achieved?

3. What is the in-universe explanation for the apparent focus by the Vishnans and Shivans on the Terrans, and not the Vasudans? Are both species in the running for becoming the new Brahmans/getting incorporated into the Summed Psyche? If they're both out, what was the trigger for the Vasudans?

4. The big one: What is the endgame? What does the universe (or at least the part we as the audience would recognize) look like at the end of BP3?
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”