Author Topic: Ideas for Weapon Names  (Read 17524 times)

Offline eliex

GTW Infernal Mk I - A fuel-based heavy weapon that fires superheated streams of flammable liquid that coats fighters, bombers, and even small cruisers. With any other firearm, it causes a massive chain reaction in the chemical structure of the liquid, usually ending in the victim fighter's resulting detonation.

WARNING - Pilots who carry these are advised to take extra care when firing, as the liquid is prone to fly in any direction if the guns are damaged.

OK, I'm better than all of you: i have concept pictures! These are for Ragnarok (I'm obsessing over this sort of things, meanwhile, i don't have the slightest concept other than vague terms, aside from the first few chapters, which basically serve to show how the main character gets into the situation that provides the basic plot for the rest of the story) Due to the... erm, nature of WHO uses these as revealing the different parties destroys the suspense from the first few chapters, i'm gonna omit details.

OK, first up:

GTM AHM-78 Cinder

The Cinder is a heat seeking rocket, developed by *BLABLABLA* around the year 2347, when powerful region-based goverments still overpowered the GTVA. Mainly for use by capital ships for medium-range defense, these powerful missles have a range of approximately two clicks, and are fired in either salvos of 3 or 6. Their passive sensors provide adequate tracking to hit their targets, as their speed usually prevents most pilots little chance to evade. Those that do still will get caught in the explosion, due to proximity sensors implanted in the sensor module. An unknown number of these missles have fallen into the hands of *BLABLABLA*. All pilots flying in their known area of operations are to be advised.

more soon. I already have the pictures, now i need a discription.

EDIT: AW CRAP! the picture file is too big. i'll fix it later.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Couldn't you upload it somewhere and use the lvlshot tag?

GTM-X9 Tesla - The Tesla is based on old GTA documents recently recovered. The Tesla is a lightning gun that automatically targets and hits the nearest hostile ship with a huge surge of electricity that will short out all weapons, guidance and navigation systems on that ship for several seconds. It also functions like a beam cannon, disrupting or piercing through the target's shields and dealing massive damage to the hull. This weapon has its own drawbacks, however. In field tests, scientists have confirmed that a ship carrying this weapon is much more prone to experiencing EMP disruptions in electrically-charged environments. In addition, there is no known small ship powerplant that can supply the Tesla with a sustained stream of fire; there is every likelihood that the Tesla will drain at least 80% of gun energy from the ship when it is fired. Furthermore, it is noted that on more fragile fighters, continuous usage of the Tesla increases the fragility of the craft. When the Tesla was mounted onto a Ulysses connected to an Orion's powerplant and fired continuously, the ship literally disintegrated after mere seconds of sustained fire. The danger of using this weapon means that it is only given to the best Allied pilots and mounted onto larger warships to complement anti-fighter weaponry. Finally, the range of the Tesla is ridiculously short. It is only capable of striking at targets up to 300 m away.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

well, heres the cinder.

EDIT: and yeah, i have like 3 notepads that i always have with me. I'm always righting or doodling in them.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

I've got a concept drawing too:

Someone make it please!

Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I could. When I have time and if I don't forget.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I've got a concept drawing too:

Someone make it please!

:wakka:

It's the UberWhite! :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that is what i call ownage......i ROFL at this one.

Nice......concepts! :)))))))))))))))))
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Actually, it's called "Das UberBeam"

And it can one-shot a Gargant  :drevil:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Did you get that pm i sent ya  wang? You gonna put the info to use. . . .g hope so ;7
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Yep, I'll try it out soon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And it can one-shot a Gargant  :drevil:
What about the V Bravos?

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If destroying/one-shotting a Gargant brings about Armageddon, I  :shaking: to think what one-shotting the Volition Bravos would do.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
GTW MX-62 - A new version of the common MX-52. With greater detection ability, turning capabilites and a much larger warhead, the MX-62 is an extremely dangerous missile that is quickly becoming the bane of fighters and bombers alike. The MX-62 is slowly replacing the MX-52 as the GTVA's primary defensive missile system.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
an upgrade of the MX 52 sounds good to me !  the MX 52 is the Rockeye right ???

What we need is something that can take out corvettes/cruisers in one salvo say 4 bommbs per corvette and 2 per cruiser.

Something like er......NOva bommbs or something.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, the MX-52 is a swarm-fire heat seeker (not player usable). The Moloch uses it as an anti-fighter weapon.

The MX-64 is the Rockeye.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmmmm i have no idea which one youre talking about now. But then again  Moloch usualy doesnt survive long enough for  me to get an acurate look at all its attempting to shoot at me !
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's a swarm turret.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol i thuink i know which one youre talking about ! lol usualy aaaf beams and missile bateries are the first to go down along with the beam cannon if it is an emergency.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
GTM Hailstorm (anti capship missile. Can only be fired from capships. Single large torpedo comes out, moves to target. at 700 meters the Hailstorm opens up and fires off a group of four to six bombs at the target.)

I've heard that before

GTW-111c Monsoon
  Prototype weapon
  Level 0 Hull Damage
  Level 9 Shield Damage
  Level 6 Subsystem Damage
  Power Use 6.5W        ROF 6.5/s
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."