Author Topic: Problem with "Playing Judas" and "Enter The Dragon"  (Read 6495 times)

Problem with "Playing Judas" and "Enter The Dragon"
Alright. I really love the SCP and the mod in general, but these missions have some issues. When the port tries to load the briefing, I find the following error:

Error: Invalid ship class name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( true )
   ( allow-ship "SF Dragon (Terrans)" )
)
(Error appears to be: SF Dragon (Terrans))
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.rc7dot9x\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 5792
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help?

I grabbed the FS2 SCP installer from Turey.
http://tinyurl.com/owsu9/FSOINSTALL.htm

Any help is appreciated.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Problem with "Playing Judas" and "Enter The Dragon"
Looks like an error in the tables...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Try redownloading the mission pack from the FSPort website.

Offline snake60

hello all,

same problem here, and i've downloaded all the files one week ago

If you have downloaded the Ross128 standalone mission, this breaks Enter the Dragon and Playing Judas.  There are probably other missions that do this, but this is the one that breaks it for me.  If you remove it from your port directory, those missions should work again.

I'm guessing it's a table issue.  Can we get the Ross128 designer to take a look at this.  I love that mission.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh, good call.  Yes, that's probably the reason.

On the other hand, the SCP is supposed to bridge the gap for those kinds of bugs.  I'll have to take a look.

Offline snake60

If you have downloaded the Ross128 standalone mission, this breaks Enter the Dragon and Playing Judas.  There are probably other missions that do this, but this is the one that breaks it for me.  If you remove it from your port directory, those missions should work again.

I'm guessing it's a table issue.  Can we get the Ross128 designer to take a look at this.  I love that mission.

The only think that i've added to the port is the LighSpeedNebulae Pack, so the problem may come from something else

The only think that i've added to the port is the LighSpeedNebulae Pack, so the problem may come from something else

Well, you're including the mediavps folder in your mod.ini, right?  Then, anything that you dropped in there can be breaking it, too, right?

Offline snake60

i think i've tried without the mediavps too (by removing it from the mod.ini), but i'm not sure.

I'll try again this evening, and tell you the result

I don't know if that's going to work.  Whenever something like this happens, I take out all of my extra vp's and add them back in group by group.  On the current RC, I got through both the port and FS2 without any problems.

Offline miskat

I tried playing Enter the Dragon without the mediavps and I still got the error.

Hmm.  So, you don't have any other vp's in your port directory, right?

Offline miskat

The vps in my port directory are as follows:

fsport3_0_3.vp
fsport-awakenings.vp
fsport-awakenings-voice.vp
fsport-fs1_training.vp
fsport-glow.vp
fsport-hi_res.vp
fsport-missions.vp
sport-shine.vp
sparky_hi_fs1.vp
stu_fs1.vp
tango_fs1.vp
warble_fs1.vp

As far as I know all that is A-OK usually.  XD  Maybe try moving Awakenings....  =/  Don't have time to test it now, but... it's a thought.

Hmm.  I have a 3.0 version for Awakenings.  I have everything else you have listed there, too.  Perhaps, that is the issue?

Offline snake60

didn't have time yesterday. I have the exact same files, so i'll do extensive test this evening by removing awakenings and other vps files one by one

Offline miskat

Alright, I just removed all but the most necessary of the fsport .vp files and tried to run the game.  The files I left were:
fsport_3_0_3.vp
fsport-missions.vp
sparky_hi_fs1.vp
stu_fs1.vp
tango_fs1.vp
warble_fs1.vp

Interestingly, this fixed the error AND caused me to be marked as having completed several missions including the two troublesome ones... all the way up to Last Hope.

So I stuck all but the two Awakenings vp files back in the directory and ran the port... and all seems well.  I was marked as having just completed Shell Game (correct) and moved into Enter the Dragon with no errors.  Look like Awakenings just needs to be in it's own directory with fsport as a secondarymod.

Hope this works for everyone else.

Get the 3.0 version of Awakenings.  I don't have this issue in my port, and Awakenings is in the same directory.

Offline miskat

I have the 3.0 version, and the 3.0 voicepack.  My guess is that it's corrupted and I need to re-download it.  =/

EDIT: I re-downloaded the 3.0 Awakenings files and tried those in my fsport folder and got the error again.  Do you get the error WITH Awakenings there?  Because the dragon error the OP mentioned goes away when Awakenings is not in that folder (either deleted or working as a secondarymod.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:41:36 am by miskat »

No error with Awakenings in the folder.  I just tried it again with both Judas and Enter.  I'm out of ideas, Buddy.  Sorry!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Awakenings is based on the 3.1 version of the tables, which are slightly different than in the 3.0 version.  If this many people are having trouble, though, perhaps I should post an interm release (like 3.0.4) before 3.1 comes out.

On the other hand, the SCP should handle this properly.  Are you sure you're using a 3.6.9 release version?