Author Topic: Apply for the Closed Beta Test!  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Apply for the Closed Beta Test!
Our team is seriously considering starting a beta test at the beginning of February. There is a caveat, though; the number of beta testers will be limited. However, we are now accepting applications for the upcoming beta test of Wing Commander Saga, our remake of the famous space simulator universe. To participate in this exciting adventure, fill out the beta tester sign up form.

Beta testers need to meet the minimum computer specifications – detailed on the "About" page – and have internet access.

Interest in games -- especially space sims -- is an advantage, as is any testing experience you might have. Applicants have to be aware that beta testing is not just about playing and having fun with the game, and that there is work involved. Testers will be asked to devote several hours per week to testing and will be asked to test certain missions, weapons, or ships. Testers will also be required to send in bug reports and answer the occasional test survey to be able to continue their participation in the beta test.

We are looking for people that can communicate their ideas clearly and have an eye for detail. During the testing process, you will have to explain to us how you found potential bugs and problems in the game and how to reproduce them. We will also ask for your views on game design and playability in order to improve the game. This gives participants several opportunities to contribute to the creation of Wing Commander Saga.

We can't overestimate the value of fresh play tester eyes on the product. As developers, we look at the thing all day, everyday, and to be honest, we lose perspective. When we're able to watch a new "fresh to the game" player run through the game, we get to see the game play out in a whole new way. We get to see when things are good, but more importantly, with the aide of our new set of eyes we can't hide from something that's just not working. We're forced to face it and fix it -  which leads to a stronger product.

- Tolwyn
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Re: Apply for the Closed Beta Test!
Something is wrong with the form. Everytime I try to submit, I always get an "Invalid Input" message, even if the code I've entered is correct.
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Form was tested with different browsers and beta test applications keep coming. I might replace the captcha system though for a different reason.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

That's odd. I've used Firefox when the error occurred. But it didn't occur with Internet Explorer. Well, at least I was able to submit. But I still wonder why it happened in the first place.
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Exciting stuff! In my very optimistic view, does that mean we are headed for a release of some kind in the not-too-distant future?

I wish I had a bit more free time to get my hands dirty with the beta... Won't be able to commit the kind of hours you guys require though.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
While I may have problems with free time during normal days, I should be able to commit entire weekends to the testing.
Unfortunately, I have another problem: 2 week winter holiday, during which I won't have an access to computer.
If there'll still be free positions for testing, I'll apply after that. I've tested a few mods (including WoD, VD and BP), so maybe I would be able to help.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

Sadly, I -really- wish I had the time on my hands to be able to do this, but I'm already juggling a lot as it is.

A shame, as I just know this is going to be awesome.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
That's odd. I've used Firefox when the error occurred. But it didn't occur with Internet Explorer. Well, at least I was able to submit. But I still wonder why it happened in the first place.

Antispam validation system has been switched to reCaptcha.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Is it too late to apply? I just applied... it said no later than feb 15th... :( :(

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Seems like it is.
As for me, I think I'll wait for full release of WCS, since I wouldn't have been able to participate in beta anyway, due to lack of time, health issues and the fact I'm learning to fly F-16 in FreeFalcon, which distracts me from FS2.