Author Topic: The Final Days (unfinished FS1 what if)  (Read 1987 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
The Final Days (unfinished FS1 what if)
I was cleaning up my hard drives today and found these pieces of an unrealized campaign project, what would be Command Briefings mostly...

It was a "what if" scenario for the case that the assault on the Lucifer failed and the Shivans were able to get to Earth instead of the ending of FS1...

There will never be another generation of humanity that was not born in the shadow of the Apocalypse. If there are still children of the human species to be born and raised, they will never know a cosmos without the Shivans.

I seek solace in the words of Epicurus and his inheritors. They feared not death nor the ancient gods knowing well the full richness of life could only be found by those who would rid themselves of the suffering fear instils into our souls.

Yet, in a cosmos that holds the Shivans how can there be a life without fear?

To all personnel of the First Fleet, Sol. This is Admiral Rollman.

At 1127 houres today the SD Lucifer crossed into the Sol System. All our efforts to stop the Shivans from reaching Earth have failed. The squadrons launched from the GTD Bastion were destroyed in their attempt to destroy the Lucifer before it reached our home.

There is however a ray of hope in this disaster: Apparently the strike against the Lucifer had severely damage the Shivan destroyer. According to our scans and probes the Lucifer is not able to attack Earth at this time.

In face of the imminent danger of orbital bombardment once the Shivans are able to repair the damage to the Lucifer, GTA High Command has ordered a full evacuation of Earth. Beginning with moving  essential military personnel and government officials surface-to-orbit ships will move evacuees to Gagarin Station where they will be board jump capable craft.

As part of the evacuation First Fleet HQ will relocate from Gagarin Station to Armstrong City on Luna. This measure is to ensure our continued military operations in case the Shivans make their move against Earth’s orbital installations before the repairs on the Lucifer are completed.

First Fleet Air Group are as of now charged with protection evacuation ships. The Cruiser Crops will run harassment operations against the Shivans and see to it that no supplies from outside Sol reach the Lucifer.

These are difficult times. I  won’t lie to you, if we fail there will be no further generations of Humanity.
The continued survival of our species depends on our actions today and days yet to come.

To all personnel of the First Fleet, Sol. This is Rear Admiral Tupolev.

It is my sad duty to inform you that a Shivan strike wing broke through the defences of Armstrong City tonight at 0012. The Shivans detonated antimatter warheads with a combined yield of approximately 1,8 gigatons within the city limits. Armstrong City is no more. It’s 40 thousand inhabitants were killed either in the explosion or shortly after when the habitats’ infrastructure failed as result of the attack.

There is nothing we can do but to avenge the dead.

Admiral Rollman was supposed to be  in Armstrong City during the Shivan attack. First Fleet HQ has been unable to contact the Admiral during or after the attack. Though there is no conclusive evidence if the Admiral escaped, we have to assume the worst.

Command authority for the First Fleet has been transferred to me for the time being.

As the attack occurred before the majority of First Fleet HQ could be located on Luna, we are now moving HQ to the Olympus Mons complex on Mars. First Fleet Air Groups will as of now be concentrated near Mars in order to respond quickly to any more attacks on our command structure.
If Humanity is to survive we have to ensure our ability to strike at the enemy when the opporunity arises.

At 1957 today the SD Lucifer has left its holding position near the Sol-Delta Serpentis Jump Node. We have to assume the Shivans have completed their repairs of the destroyer and will now move directly to Earth.

There is no more stopping the Lucifer at this point. Earth will fall.

First Fleet Air Groups will continue to protect Mars as long as First Fleet HQ is on planet. First Fleet Cruiser Crops will be redirected to secure the Delta Serpentis Node for the evacuation.

At 2034 the SD Lucifer entered Earth orbit and has begun with its bombardment of the surface. Shivan strike wings have destroyed Gagarin Station and the majority of Earth’s other orbital installations.

It is also my duty to inform you that as of 2027 Captain Tamamoto and several of the officers under her command have disobeyed their orders and taken elements of the Cruiser Corps into the space near Earth. Their actions have not just violated their standing orders to protect the Delta Serpentis Jump Node from the Shivans but have put our ability to retaliate the against the Lucifer in jeopardy.

Remember and obey your orders at all times. Humanities survival depends on it.

This is Captain Tamamoto of the GTC Atalanta, to all ships that can receive this transmission.

We are operating in Earth space in direct violation of our standing orders but only because First Fleet HQ has forced us to take action.

First Fleet HQ is no longer operating with the best of Humanity in mind. The Admiralty has written off Earth as an another causality of this war. They are willing to leave almost ninety percent of its population to die at the hands of the Shivans.

But if you believe yourselves safe off-world you are mistaken. GTA High Command has issued orders under which all jump capable ships are to be seized to combat the Shivans. There are no further contingencies how to deal with any of the evacuees from Earth or the colonies. Command wants us all to go down fighting a war that is already lost.

I and my fellow officers are willing to offer you an alternative it face of our possible extinction. Join us and we will shelter every single evacuee form the Shivans and take you to a safe location outside Sol.

Atalanta, this is Tupolev. You and your ships will stop their engines at once. The area around the  Delta Serpentis Node is restricted space and your ships are not cleared to enter.

Gaia, Atalanta. We are giving these people a chance at survival. That’s more than you can say for yourselves. We will not stop until we reach safety outside Sol.

Atalanta, I would like to speak to Captain Tamamoto.

Gaia, Atalanta. We have put it to a vote, Rear Admiral, there is nothing you can change by speaking to the Captain.

Atalanta, if you do not stop at this moment I’ve no choice but to open fire on your vessels. Stop now and you will not be harmed.

Don’t kid yourself, Tupolev. There is no officer in the First Fleet that would open fire on this convoy and you know it. Let us past and go back playing end war with the men that haven’t deserted you yet.

This is Admiral Rollman to all GTA forces in Sol.

At first I have to apologize for the deception. I had not anticipated that the Shivan would move on Luna before attacking Earth. And our mission required utmost secrecy. Shivan movement in this war have already proven that the enemy is capable of listening in and evaluating our transmissions, so for not alerting them to our plans.

As many of you have already seen, I’ve returned from Delta Serpentis with a gift. I present to you the GTD Hades.
The Hades was specifically constructed to engage other destroyers and emerge victorious. In its design we have integrated every lesson learned from our encounters with the Vasudan Typhon-class destroyers and during the last weeks engineers have upgraded this ship with technologies we have acquired through our analysis the Lucifer. Many of its systems have been modified with stolen Shivan technology which will give it a fighting edge even against the Lucifer.

At 1200 tomorrow we will take the fight to the enemy and the Hades WILL destroy the Lucifer, ending the Shivan threat to our survival as a species with one final stroke.

This is where the pieces end ... the mission file for the Lucifer vs Hades mission also contains events that outline the Hades getting killed by the Lucy, so no happy ending there...

I must have not known how to get anywhere from that point onwards because this pre-dates ST:R and only after ST:R I stopped thinking about about returing to the Great War-era...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:35:12 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline antsa

Re: The Final Days (unfinished FS1 what if)
Hmm this would be interesting if put time and effort. :)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: The Final Days (unfinished FS1 what if)
Hmm this would be interesting if put time and effort. :)

If the effort would go into "not copying half of the good bits of BSG" and "not turing this into a BP-spin off", then maybe...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."