Author Topic: Constitution class starship WIP  (Read 10629 times)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
This is about Connie love and all of a sudden it's about other genre ship sizes??? Someone get the riddlin (focus kids)!

;)
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Constitution class starship WIP
Just to mention a little thing about this who would win discoussion....it the Kilrathi Dreadnought with 22km length ^_^
No realy if you try to argue about the who would win you should consider the weapons a ship uses. Whitestar ships for excample are quite small, but using a gravimetric/antimatter beam. This gives them quite a punch and lets the Sat hit a Whitestar with its great mobility.
Also the SSD is a big ship, but compared to what a Minbarie Sharlin can put out in firepower the SDD has just lowlevel weapons...ok many, but then you just have to destroy the upper structure of the SDD to disable it.

Hope you get the point...who wins depends on many things..other then size.

About the ST ships I have seen here...can you have big battles with lets say at least 10 Galaxy class vessels and still have more frames then a slideshow?
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Roanoke
that Planet killing weapon seems out of charicter to me, not somethin' Vorlons would need.

Did you not see season 4 of Babylon 5? It's perfectly in character. We just had the wrong idea of what Vorlon character was because Kosh was fairly atypical for a vorlon.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Getter Robo G

Lars, how many FPS are you talking aout, above 20? 40, 60? L8tr
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by karajorma

Did you not see season 4 of Babylon 5? It's perfectly in character. We just had the wrong idea of what Vorlon character was because Kosh was fairly atypical for a vorlon.

No, I didn't really take any notice after (I thought) Sheridan copped for it at Za'ha'dum. Funny you should ask 'cos I saw a post season3 episode on UKTV today and quite fancy seeing the rest.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by Roanoke
No, I didn't really take any notice after (I thought) Sheridan copped for it at Za'ha'dum. Funny you should ask 'cos I saw a post season3 episode on UKTV today and quite fancy seeing the rest.

Season 3 and Season 4 were the best B5 had to offer. If you liked S3 you'll love S4 cause it actually ties up a lot of the preceding stuff.

Offline Roanoke

sod it.

can't be arsed messing around trying to download it on the sly.

Offline Roanoke

If you liked S3 you'll love S4 cause it actually ties up a lot of the preceding stuff.

that's kinda the Babylon5 way isn't it ?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Unfortunately season 4 tied up too much. JMS didn't know that they were getting a fifth season so he tied up as much as possible in the fourth season.

The result is that the start of season 5 is weaker than you'd have otherwise expected. It does pick up by the end though. :)

When you watch Intersections in Real Time in S4 remember that supposed to be where season 4 would have ended had JMS known that he'd get a 5th season. That said I don't think I could have waited a whole half year to find out what happened following the end of that episode!

I know this is not related to "Constitution class starship WIP", but who cares.

Babylon5's last season could have been great if they have developed the Telepath civil war more effectively. I think Crusade was a bad move and Staczinsky should have concentrated on Tlelepath stuff and the Dralk. Speeking of bad moves, Legend of the Rangers, I was quite disappointed.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Rangers was okay on it's own, but a series it's not.  I do agree that they should have covered the Telepath stuff from the 5th season better.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Roanoke

Unfortunately season 4 tied up too much. JMS didn't know that they were getting a fifth season so he tied up as much as possible in the fourth season.

The result is that the start of season 5 is weaker than you'd have otherwise expected. It does pick up by the end though. :)

When you watch Intersections in Real Time in S4 remember that supposed to be where season 4 would have ended had JMS known that he'd get a 5th season. That said I don't think I could have waited a whole half year to find out what happened following the end of that episode!

I think he faced that dilema every season. mainly due to dodgy American's and their mega short TV attention spans.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
He did but it particularly shows in Season 5. In seasons 1-3 he simply decided that by leaving the show on a cliffhanger he could ensure the public lynching of any exec who cancelled the show.

As for crusade the show had promise. I doubt it would ever have been as good as Babylon 5 but in true JMS style Season 1 was fairly generic. You can see the seeds of future storylines being sown (same as in B5-S1).  

I suspect that given the chance Crusade might have ended up surprising a lot of people
Spoiler:
(especially as the Drakh plague problem was supposedly going to be sorted by the end of season 3)

My biggest problem with crusade is its captain.

I'm sorry MIKE BRADY from the Brady Bunch movies does NOT belong in the B5 universe!!!!

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
You'd've preferred Marsha?:D

Seriously, if not him, who?  Michael Biehn?

Who was your favorite character BTW?  Galen, who else.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

HELL!!! Galen made the show worth something. (besides the Excaliber ship design). I love the premise of technomages.

But, the overall story arc seem a bit problematic. Staczinsky took quite a risk starting a series on such a dark complication. Battlestar Galactica had a better dark story to run with. Who actually wants to watch a show where ppl run around looking for big medicine for the Earth???

Offline Getter Robo G

I watched it...

I was pissed whenit ended. I knew they had planned on a cure mid series run, but I was looking forward to the return of the 3rd space aliens (The hand)...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Jetmech Jr.
Meh, never liked the Constitution. Still, nice work.

The Constitution looks like an old disc hubcap and a bunch of sticks.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by Woolie Wool

The Constitution looks like an old disc hubcap and a bunch of sticks.

You heathen. :p  The Constitution-class is the original, the true, Enterprise.  It was one of the most kick-ass ships in all of sci-fi.  Great work! :D

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
...as long as its post-refit.

[EDIT]
YAY!!! 1000 posts and a Fenris rank!!! YAY!!!!
[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 10:44:49 pm by 1268 »
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!