Author Topic: My big mod release!  (Read 44601 times)

Offline Dysko

Is that your F-19 model?
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Is it me or is the shieldimage of the Ratoth upside down? ^_^

The fighter in the this image looks like I have seen it somewhere.

Your right..I never noticed it.  Must have forgotten to flip the image vertically. I'll say one thing.. those buggers are hard to kill.

Is that your F-19 model?
Yup, albiet with some modifications.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
i have a question
are these models al made by you? ( i mean your imagination) or from another game?
You got talent these ships are really cool and good looking  :)
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.

They should state were I got the original mesh from, if there was one.  Mind you their most likely modified

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Nice stuff--you got anything else? It's been a month and a half :P

*not to pressure you or anything, or maybe that's the end :lol:*
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Well I need to finish up on the Hhaifra, (all the points [engine...etc]) and it should be good to go.

Finally something new.....

HHaifra, Kilrathi cruiser.  I was originally aiming for a strike cruiser with two beam cannons as it's big guns, however the turret base dwarfs the beam turrets so I replaced them with heavy plasma cannons.

The HHaifra can be found here:  http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Finished_Mods/HHaifra-06-19-07.rar

Updated Additional file (starting date: 09-26-07) contain the updates.
You will also need this map files: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Finished_Mods/HHaifra-Extra-maps.rar
Extract these two files (bay2.dds and bay2-glow.dds into 'data\maps folder').  This is only a temporary until I release the additional.vp file.  I added some more texture stuff to the bay2 texture.  If you don't add these two, then the loadout bays in the fighter bay will have white floors thats all.

This model was scratchbuilt based roughly on the WC2 Prince Thrak.'s dreadnaught.  There was a picture on tactics.solsector.net but the sites gone. (Hint, it wasn't pretty LOL)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 12:05:30 am by Scooby_Doo »

Geez it's not a good thing to see...  "Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days."
Last model was released back in June  :(

But anywho.....

Introducting.......

TCS Midway heavy carrier class.

The Midway class was introduced during the WCP era.  She managed to fend off the original Nephilim invasion.  Her and her sister ships were invaluable during the second invasion and war.  However, many faults were found during this time.  One by one the ships were taken offline and underwent considerable reconstruction.  The massive hollow section in the middle caused stress problems and were closed up.  The structural beams on the two sides were bolted together, stiffening up the structure.  This also allowed considerable increase in storage space.  In addition to the that section, new underbelly and new much shorter launch systems were introduced, opening even more space to store fighters.  The increase went from 252 to over 300.  She doesn't carry any capital ship weapons, just large number of anti-fighter weapons.  Her main anti-captial weapons are her large number of heavy fighters, seige fighters and bombers.

The midway can be found here: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Finished_Mods/Finished-Midway-09-02-07.rar
The original model can be found at CIC.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
That Kilrathi ship is fantastic! And it has been here for months!!! :eek2:

Great work, man. You should have a title or something. "Prolific Modeller" :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Whoa, whoa... Wait a second... Why doesn't Scooby have a custom title? :wtf:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
That's the point. We have custom title...

Mobius...Back where he started...

Snail...Es-Cargo <t> 5....

And Scooby Doo? :(
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Finally got the Sartha not to crash FS2...

Sartha - kilrathi light patrol fighter.

Please note, if this model causes FS2 to crash, try using a newer version of FS2.  It will cause Xt-0520 to crash, however version Xt-0823 runs prefectly ok.

Sartha can be found here: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Finished_Mods/Finished-Sartha-09-02-07.rar
Scratchbuilt from the images of the WC2 Sartha.

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
what about regular 3.6.9? i rarely use CVS builds, since i hate playing with bugs and dont code using the cvs.

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Hey ScoobyDoo, why don't you make a pack of all of these ships you make, and host it up on HC?
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
i dont think kracker swill put up a 200 mb shippack

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

what about regular 3.6.9? i rarely use CVS builds, since i hate playing with bugs and dont code using the cvs.

It looks like 3.6.9 that came with saga prolog does work!

i dont think kracker swill put up a 200 mb shippack

Just be glad it's not the source files... thats 7.32GB...

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
I think Krackers might be willing to put up 200mb. He does have a lot of big file downloads. Just ask him, it never hurts to ask.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

I think I might have solved the Sartha crashing problem.  It happened with my next model to.  It had nothing to do with the model itself, well basically.  Xt-520 doesn't work right with normal mapping and my video card.  Once I turned off normal mapping everythings ok.

Next up.... the Dragon
The Dragon Mk 2 was a complete retrofit around the original chassis.  Vast improvements have been made in engines, weapons and shielding.  Not as nimble as the Vampire or Falcon, the Dragon can take a pounding and dish out a pounding in return. No-wheres as nearly as expensive as the original Dragons, it is still rather high and in limited quantities for the time being, so only Special-ops and elite fighters get to fly these beast. 

You can find it here: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Finished_Mods/Finished-Dragon-09-04-07.rar
The dragon was built using the very high-detailed Dragon mesh found at SolSector.

She's rather unbalanced in the weapons department.  quad tachyons, twin cloudbursts and twin particles.

Check out the Athena... she's got a new paintjob and better smoothing  :)