Author Topic: Hey everybody i'm new here  (Read 4795 times)

Hey everybody i'm new here
Hi i'm new here and was wondering if anyone would be intrested in modelling me a corvette for my campaign i trying to start. The ship i would like is a Terran corvette but looks shivan(like the Omega-X from Babylon5).

Hey Setekh how are those models that i sent you a while ago doing? treid mailing u but got no response.
"For 10,000 years we have thought the
long war and our hatred still knows no
succour. Those who have defied us shall
feel the full wrath of Chaos..."
-Abaddon the Despoiler.

Offline Fantomeye

• Invistible
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
Ah, so you're Apothess? Setekh's shown me some pics of (I presume) you're work, and they look very good. Can't help you with the Modding part though, good luck finding someone who can help you though!

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I was modeling a Shadowdeimos a while back.....

Never ended up finishing it though.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Firstly, welcome to the HLP Forums Apothess!  

Originally posted by Apothess:
Hey Setekh how are those models that i sent you a while ago doing? treid mailing u but got no response.

I sent them to Robin Varley ( [email protected] ) to complete - I think he's rather busy right now however. All the modellers in the community seem busy right now   He frequents this board, and you can also email him.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Hmmm.... think i need 2 start modelling agian . Ok don't suppose any of u could tell me which is better for modelling 3d studio max or Truespace 4 or 5? the version of truespace i had was crap, i had ver3 special edition! nothing special about it except it was free and half the tools needed to finish my models were not there!!!

Yip those r my models r my work Fantomeye best 1s i've done i think.

P.S does anyone have a picture of a Goa'uld(sp?) mothership from Stargate SG1 cos i wouldn't mind having 1 in FS2 cos the last ep in season 4 was like the ending 2 FS2!
-Abaddon the Despoiler.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

P.S does anyone have a picture of a Goa'uld(sp?) mothership from Stargate SG1 cos i wouldn't mind having 1 in FS2 cos the last ep in season 4 was like the ending 2 FS2!

I've seen one on SG before, it's basically a large elliptical type shape with a full size pyramid on the top - the pyramid is tiny in comparison to the rest of the ship (maybe 1/25th the size of the ship), and you can imagine how big a pyramid on Earth is. They would be enormous ships. I couldn't find many good pics, but here:

You can see the pyramid on the top, and the rest of the ship.

[This message has been edited by Setekh (edited 02-18-2001).]

Starwing

The pyramis is not only the top, but the entire center of the ship. The elliptic part is build around the pyramid, and the pyramid can separate from the rest of the ship to land on one of those pyramid shaped landing platforms in the desert of Egypt.  

You saw that to eh  

was pretty funky...

------------------
Temporal Mechanics | Hard Light Productions
What does Kazan use for birth control?
His personality!

- Ace

Yip i have 2 say that SG1 is my 2nd best sci-fi show, my 1st has 2 been Babylon 5 cos its more beliveable than star trek, which i belive that season 7 of voyager starts on sky one tonight.

-Abaddon the Despoiler.

I'm new here too! And B5 is A!-SUPER! Can't say much for Crusade though...

------------------
Culloden - 16th April 1746
Culloden - 16th April 1746

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Yip i have 2 say that SG1 is my 2nd best sci-fi show, my 1st has 2 been Babylon 5 cos its more beliveable than star trek, which i belive that season 7 of voyager starts on sky one tonight.

Better than Stargate! I wish B5 would screen in Australia...  

Well as I had finished off the mods I have being doing the last few weeks ( by the way, is your file submiting thing working 'cos i uploaded them last week and they haven't appeared yet, I only say this 'cos before you were very quick updating the file modification download section )

anyway, back to the point, I tried to look at your ships that Setekh sent me, however my old truspace 2 can't actually read the files - I was wondering if you could save the object/scene so it was able to be loaded up in an older version of truspace?, from what Setekh says, they are very good and I'd be happy to help finish them for you.

Oh my email is now:
[email protected]

The Gou'ald mother ship would be make good Vasudan ship, on account them having a sort of Egyptian theme, in names at least.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
just what hapened in season four?

were I am the most recent episode is when Sokar is aparently killed when hell expodes with him in orbit.

------------------
Bobboau, bringing you products that work.............. in theory
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Originally posted by Bobboau:
were I am the most recent episode is when Sokar is aparently killed when hell expodes with him in orbit.

Thats what was on...

come on man...  your NOT meant to actually try to understand the story, just say 'WOW  ' at the CGI  

------------------
Temporal Mechanics | Hard Light Productions
What does Kazan use for birth control?
His personality!

- Ace

Offline Fantomeye

• Invistible
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/

Originally posted by Robin Varley:
by the way, is your file submiting thing working 'cos i uploaded them last week and they haven't appeared yet, I only say this 'cos before you were very quick updating the file modification download section

Yea, it's my fault for the time differnce. I havent had a second to manually add all the new downloads we've gotten, but they'll be up tonight. Sorry about that, I just need to find someway to write a PHP script to do it for me  

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Fantomeye:
Sorry about that, I just need to find someway to write a PHP script to do it for me  

We can do that, right?  

Right to answer Bobboau's question season 4 of stargate is really the same as seasons 1 & 2 which is to stop Apophis from wiping out earth(agian)but as with these programs in end of season 4 there plans go a bit wrong and where left with a cliffhangers as always.

Robin Varley i'm afraid i no longer have truespace thats why i was asking which is better 3d studio max or truespace 5 so does anyone one have truespace 3 so i can send the files 2 so they can be saved to work in truespace 2 or why don't u download the demo of truespace 3 i think u can save in that not 100% sure though.

I can't belive Babylon 5 in not shown in Australia!!!!!
-Abaddon the Despoiler.

Starwing

You can't save models in any TS demo after TS2, which lets you save scenes.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

I can't belive Babylon 5 in not shown in Australia!!!!!

Can't belive that u can't save in any of the truespace demos!!(apart from ts2) So is anyone willing to help me out with this problem of loading TS3 objects into TS2?
-Abaddon the Despoiler.