Author Topic: GTC Warmonger ( a.k.a. Fenris/Leviathan MK2 )  (Read 19909 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Re: GTC Warmonger ( a.k.a. Fenris/Leviathan MK2 )
GTC Notus? GTC Jotun ? GTC Sathanas ? :p

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Notus and Jotun are already used in INF...as for Sathanas...well, we all know. :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I've seen a lot of ships using the same names as in other mods. Besides, Notus and Jotun are bombers, right? And Inferno stole all the good names anyway.  :ick: :rolleyes:

"Command, a Sathanas is jumping in !"
Guess what'd come next

Oh, and as for the round things, it's meant as something similar like on the Fenris red dots on the sides.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Fenris and Leviathan are two beasts. Woo therefore decided to name the Fenris upgrade "Ethon" to follow that convention.

The names we proposed fit well, like Garm. There are 3 ships with beast names, why would you call the 4th "Warmonger"?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Force of habit...

And until everyone can agree on 1 name, Warmonger stays. Which means forever.

GTC Asturias?  :p. At least one spanish name in the game...  :lol:
I like that design. Fenris/Leviathan's design looks like a giant hand phaser from star trek  :lol:.
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Fenris and Leviathan are two beasts. Woo therefore decided to name the Fenris upgrade "Ethon" to follow that convention.

The names we proposed fit well, like Garm. There are 3 ships with beast names, why would you call the 4th "Warmonger"?

Maybe you didn't get it...there's a naming convention for this line of cruisers. Use Garm or face the consequences :p :lol:
The Lightblue Ribbon

:pimp:. What consecuences? Do you want to have an accident? We are a family, but there are limits...  :lol:  ;7

Now serius...  Beasts... Fenix? Griffin? Chimera? Nemea? Dragon? Einheriar? Scylla? Ciclop? Siren? Wyvern?... this last one i prefer...
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Phoenix* Chimaera*

Wyvern is damn cool, it reminds AC, but I see it as a Shivan name.
The Lightblue Ribbon

And Scylla could be a mk2 of the Caribdis...

Yes, Wyvern sounds like a bad bitting creature. But if i can remember, leviathan was a ships eater, and Fenris the Loki's giant evil wolf ready to fight in the ragnarok. Looking it this way, Wyvern would be a good name for that beautiful ship  ;).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
But Wyvern is English. Fenris is not(otherwise it should have been Fenrir).
The Lightblue Ribbon

Oh, i didn't know. I also call that beast Fenril.
But, Leviathan is english, isn't it? :confused:

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!

Ditto. Though I actually like the Fafnir mech. Its so satisfying blowing small mechs away with twin Heavy Gauss.

I stick to a Dire Wolf with 3 LBX 20s. Everybody falls!

Jormungund and Garm made me go :wtf: because they're the names of the Zerg broods, Purple and Orange, iirc. So is Fenris. That's the Teal brood. Might as well go and name it the Tiamat. Or Baelrog. Or Surtur. Although, Tiamat, Baelrog and Surtur evoke Shivan impressions.

How 'bout the Lesale?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Oh, i didn't know. I also call that beast Fenril.
But, Leviathan is english, isn't it? :confused:

The British tend to import words. Only the pronunciation changes. Leviathan's not an original English word, like many others.

Jormungund and Garm made me go :wtf: because they're the names of the Zerg broods, Purple and Orange, iirc. So is Fenris. That's the Teal brood. Might as well go and name it the Tiamat. Or Baelrog. Or Surtur. Although, Tiamat, Baelrog and Surtur evoke Shivan impressions.

How 'bout the Lesale?

Tiamath and Ba<e>lrog are undoubtely Shivan-ish. Not all beast names can be used for Terran ships.

Lesale? :wtf:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
... What. Its the name I used for a main line destroyer I designed, for a universe I created myself, but don't really have much in other than a handful of self written novels. Before you ask I, hadn't played DoTA before that.

The names I used for the cruiser classes in my universe were ... Titan, Leviathan, Isolde, Tristan, Arbalest, Claymore, Edge and Laevatein. Pick one.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Where does Laevatein come from?

My statement was clear. This is the fourth ship of a line of cruisers. The line of cruisers follows a naming convention so no unappropriate names.

Fenris
Leviathan
Ethon
Garm

What's wrong with it?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Where does Laevatein come from?

Its a legendary sword in Norse mythology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laevateinn

Why not name it the Laevateinn, then ? Its Norse. Just not a beast.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
We were clear...no similar names like Perseus ---> Perses, Fenris ---> Fafnir and Leviathan ---> Laevatein. Simple. They sound stupid.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Garm, Wyvern and Notus sounds good...
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

GTC Midgard!!!  :nod: