Author Topic: GTL Hemera  (Read 24306 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Honestly, I share the sentiment with that Freelancer mod.
All the meshwork in the world you do is worthless if you don't get it UVed. Good luck with that btw.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Going to be doing a bit more meshwork now that the ****ass Freelancer mod I was working for kicked me out because I was being an ass (as planned, they told me to stop working on the model so it could be finished) so now I can work on the mesh some more apparently in hope this thing never actually gets textured. Hopefully I'll get some screenshots or something then, but until then

I'm... hoping this isn;t entirely serious, and yet somehow I kind of think it is. With Droid 100% on this. It's a great, detailed mesh. The more detail you add, the harder it will be to ever see it ingame. Seriously, stop mesh work, get it UVed and see it used, or keep tweaking and changing until nobody cares anymore and see it gather dust on a HDD somewhere.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well, eventually its gonna get to the level of some cinematic model that can only ever be used in renders...even if it were textured.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Luis Dias

Ahah, now I know why you got dissed at the other place... you are obsessed with perfection man! Didn't anyone tell you that perfection is the biggest enemy of "GOOD"?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's the same problem BWO has, and look where that led them.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
It's the same problem BWO has, and look where that led them.
Actually, no it's not. I'd allow someone to help me finish the Hemera, BWO is too stuck up to allow someone else to help them finish their models in return for some of the finished products.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
That too, but if they could just release with lo-poly models and upgrade them later, it'd be released years ago.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
There's this thing called "Standards" and "Doing it perfect, not just good enough". So kindly ****off and let him do his ****.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Setting standards too high frequently results in work being tweaked and perfected impractically long. IMHO, the mesh is already of highest practical quality. It should be ready for texturing.

Offline Luis Dias

I agree, let's give the man a chance ;). Its his ship anyways.

Sorry if I annoyed you, Hades, not my intention.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Setting standards too high frequently results in work being tweaked and perfected impractically long. IMHO, the mesh is already of highest practical quality. It should be ready for texturing.
And you should shut up. Its Hades' call when its done. Problem?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Wow, who went around pissing in the coffee this morning?

Offline Darius

Personally I find there's plenty of time for tweaking after release, and you get the satisfaction of everyone giving you kudos from having played with it already...

Give out a version for someone to UV and texture, and keep a copy of the mesh for you to play with afterwards if you have to.

Offline Hades

you all seem to think I'm talking about major tweaks, no. I'm not. I'm talking about minorish details and such that would take maybe a day's time. Hell I've already completed most of them.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

It looks amazing, I really look forward to adding it to my collection of ships for my campaign ;) Keep up the good work Hades and everyone else helping!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Hades

Should be done now. Just added a bit to the engines to make them a bit nicer, because they were bugging me.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Hades

http://p3d.in/yHa7P

Final version of the mesh. I sent it off to someone (poor bastard) for uvmapping a long time ago. Dunno how it's going, haven't asked.

p.s. this 3d model viewing site is awesome, goodbye photobucket
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline TacOne

• Dabbling Modder
That's so cool!

And the ship too I guess (j/k the ship is also cool)

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Looking at the 3D model, the "head" has a more Hecate-y feel than I remembered.

EDIT: The four cannons in front still makes no sense to me, and no rule of cool is going to cut it. Is it a logistics ship or a warship? Because the immobile cannons in front make little sense for something that's carrying precious supplies. When it faces a threat, is it suppose to blast its attacker to death head-on?

Offline Hades

Looking at the 3D model, the "head" has a more Hecate-y feel than I remembered.

EDIT: The four cannons in front still makes no sense to me, and no rule of cool is going to cut it. Is it a logistics ship or a warship? Because the immobile cannons in front make little sense for something that's carrying precious supplies. When it faces a threat, is it suppose to blast its attacker to death head-on?
It's not purely a logistics ship. More of a general support ship that provides fire support for other warships and logistics support as well.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL