Author Topic: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)  (Read 141293 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)
With BP's tenth anniversary coming up, and our minds still on our promise to finish this story one way or another, we think it's time to start revealing some of the secrets that await in the BP story.

I'll answer questions, although in an oracular sense. Ask anything. Yes, knowing what's coming could change the experience if we do ever finish Acts 4+5 and BP2 - but knowing is never the same as playing.

Fire away.

Offline CT27

Re: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)
In Steele's mind, assuming he wins, what kind of surrender/peace treaty would he want the UEF to sign?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What's the situation regarding uef infiltration into the alliance command element?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
I only want a Yes/No answer, Were the Shivans made by a Boltzmann brain / Type-6 civilization / or are a subsystem of a higher entity?

It's obvious in hindsight.

My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Will future installments remain with Laporte as the player's character, switch back to Bei or another previously-encountered character, or will we become a completely new character?
Will the next installment feature a significant increase in cap-ship command missions?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
In Steele's mind, assuming he wins, what kind of surrender/peace treaty would he want the UEF to sign?

Morpheus must proceed. Other than that the details are presumably in the hands of his superiors.

What's the situation regarding uef infiltration into the alliance command element?

Aside from sympathizers and potential defectors, they really need to worry about infiltration by someone else.

I only want a Yes/No answer, Were the Shivans made by a Boltzmann brain / Type-6 civilization / or are a subsystem of a higher entity?

It's obvious in hindsight.

The Shivans were calculated into existence as a necessity of a universe hospitable to any form of cognition.

Will future installments remain with Laporte as the player's character, switch back to Bei or another previously-encountered character, or will we become a completely new character?
Will the next installment feature a significant increase in cap-ship command missions?

You'd play Bei, Laporte, Nabirasul and maybe some walk-ons in BP3. Capship command would ideally become a possible approach to a mission rather than a mission type of its own, but who knows if that's achievable.

Offline Snarks

What role will the Fedayeen (including its computation asset CASSANDRA) play in the final stages of the war?

Offline Darius

Capship command would ideally become a possible approach to a mission rather than a mission type of its own, but who knows if that's achievable.

I think the framework that's there does allow for that. One Future was initially designed to be playable with either a fighter or a cruiser. The script was designed to trigger when the player is in a capital ship, rather than on a per-mission basis. Some of the cruiser-specific sexps in that mission probably still have leftover checks to see if player is a cruiser or a fighter.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:25:16 pm by Darius »

Offline CT27

For your release plans, will Acts 4 and 5 of WIH be released individually (as separate releases) or will 4+5 be released together?

So... the entire plan against the Wargods is predicated on the fact that the Imperiuse never left the system. The UEF thinks it leaves after its airwing gets smashed in Darkest Hour, but that's well before the Wargods were formed.
Was the Imperiuse just a lucky accident for Steele or did he intentionally keep it in system as part of a plan to get rid of a battlegroup that hasn't even formed yet?

Or is the implication here that the Wargods(maybe under a different name) were active at that time, disbanded when Simms broke, then were recreated afterwards? And they were seen as enough of a threat by Steele even before The Plunder.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:48:02 pm by FrikgFeek »
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
What role will the Fedayeen (including its computation asset CASSANDRA) play in the final stages of the war?

They'll be Laporte's prime movers to get the events of Acts 5 rolling, and the ones most directly privy to her plans. They won't be highly effective during Act 4 due to Steele's countermeasures.

For your release plans, will Acts 4 and 5 of WIH be released individually (as separate releases) or will 4+5 be released together?

If we ever make it to release on those the hope is to do them together. But episodic releases have worked nicely for us in the past, so who knows.

So... the entire plan against the Wargods is predicated on the fact that the Imperiuse never left the system. The UEF thinks it leaves after its airwing gets smashed in Darkest Hour, but that's well before the Wargods were formed.
Was the Imperiuse just a lucky accident for Steele or did he intentionally keep it in system as part of a plan to get rid of a battlegroup that hasn't even formed yet?

Steele 'palmed' the Imperieuse after the Blitz so he'd have an ace card to play when he needed to save a bad situation or pluck a really ripe target.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Is Ricardo cannon

Capship command would ideally become a possible approach to a mission rather than a mission type of its own, but who knows if that's achievable.

Is that a challenge?   :drevil:
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Is Ricardo cannon

(Not the oracle, but...)

Loosely.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Why is the Myrmidon still so commonly used for space superiority even in TEI battlegroups? Is there a massive surplus of Myrm hulls as a result of some politicking in the Capella era? Is it supposed to be more noob friendly than the Perseus or Herc 2? With the Myrm's fighter-bomber update perhaphs bomber pilots are using it when pressed into CAP due to other squadrons not being available?

Is it a rite of passage for new pilots, having to survive enough sorties in the Myrmidon before being given real fighters?

Does command just hate pilots? :P

(I know I could be asking about future story bits here but I'm honestly just more interested in little bits of worldbuilding and backstory).
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Is Ricardo cannon

(Not the oracle, but...)

Loosely.

I see what you did there.

@Oratuta:
Does the Vasudan Imperium have any special objectives in the Sol Theater, beyond what we have already been told?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:59:09 am by -Joshua- »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Will we get to fly a support ship?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
What's going on with captured GTVA ships by UEF? What is the super secret project that 1st Fleet is working on, with ships defected to UEF like Lambouchere and captured tech from logistic ship? Will we see beam-equipped UEF warships?

Will we see Sanctuary again? What is her role in further events?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Will we ever meet Brie or Kassim again?

And I assume that the next time Laporte contacts with Ken is going to be rather face-to-face? (Ending of UT2, "We can't speak ever again" or something suggesting that Laporte or Ken is being watched by someone from now on)
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Why is the Myrmidon still so commonly used for space superiority even in TEI battlegroups? Is there a massive surplus of Myrm hulls as a result of some politicking in the Capella era? Is it supposed to be more noob friendly than the Perseus or Herc 2? With the Myrm's fighter-bomber update perhaphs bomber pilots are using it when pressed into CAP due to other squadrons not being available?

Think Super Hornet. It's filling a requirement for a long-lived and affordable space superiority design. Also it has six gun points.

@Oratuta:
Does the Vasudan Imperium have any special objectives in the Sol Theater, beyond what we have already been told?

They're more interested in the looming metaphysical/Shivan-related crisis than in the Sol theater, but they are engaged in that theater to the extent that it bears on said crisis: which, they're realizing, is a lot more than they thought.

Also the Hammer is a factor.
What's going on with captured GTVA ships by UEF? What is the super secret project that 1st Fleet is working on, with ships defected to UEF like Lambouchere and captured tech from logistic ship? Will we see beam-equipped UEF warships?

Will we see Sanctuary again? What is her role in further events?

The captured GTVA ships supplied vital reactor and power system knowhow to Project Shambhala, but perhaps their most important contributions were the records they gathered during their journey into the Sanctuaryverse. I don't think we have firm plans for/against UEF beams in very special cases (like a special bomber weapon, maybe) but they aren't going to be a huge strategic turning point.

The Sanctuary is full of people who've spent years hibernating under Vishnan influence. They'll definitely be important.

Will we ever meet Brie or Kassim again?

And I assume that the next time Laporte contacts with Ken is going to be rather face-to-face? (Ending of UT2, "We can't speak ever again" or something suggesting that Laporte or Ken is being watched by someone from now on)

No firm outline pinning exactly when Brie or Kassim will show up, but I think Brie at least will pop up again as a yardstick for Laporte's growth. And yes, Laporte's role as a deniable asset requires that Ken go pretty hands-off.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Will new ships appear on either side? What would be their role?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."