Author Topic: HTL Iceni  (Read 132764 times)

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
When you make the final POF, could you move the dockpoint so that it is actually on the docking port?  Or has that been fixed already?

Offline Nx

When you make the final POF, could you move the dockpoint so that it is actually on the docking port?  Or has that been fixed already?

On one side only. On the starboard side, there's no dockpoint model, since on the lowpoly model, the dockpoint was inside the ship. I figured since it isn't used ingame anyway, I won't include a dockpoint model and won't fix it. On the port side, I aligned the dockpoint almost perfectly, but now it needs a little tweaking because of some changes: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Nx.devnull/Iceni/photo#5163776477541862242
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline blowfish

Okay, it looks fixed in that pic.

Offline Nx

WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
does this mean we can start on that ugly as sin asteroid from mission 2?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I would love to see that hidden rock shield with all the fancy stuff...

Offline Nx

does this mean we can start on that ugly as sin asteroid from mission 2?

I've modified one of the mediavp asteroids, but I'll have to tweak it a little bit more to be closer to the original's proportions. You'll find two pictures of it in my Picasa album

Anyway, debris and more debris.
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline blowfish

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
hm, from what's labelled bottom and top, i think i've been upside-down every time i've played that mission!
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline blowfish

hm, from what's labelled bottom and top, i think i've been upside-down every time i've played that mission!

Meh, what difference does it make?  I've designed ships where you can't tell the top from the bottom.

Can't wait to see that installation in-game.  From those pictures it looks like it will look more like an asteroid and less like a giant space turd.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 11:55:19 pm by blowfish »

Offline Nx

I wanted to test the debris ingame, so I set up a mission with a Deimos and a Sobek attacking the Iceni.
Seeing that he had no chance against such odds, the captain of the Iceni activated the experimental phase-cloaking device. Unfortunately, it malfunctioned, and phase shifted only parts of the ship. It could still be seen, but the GTVA ships' beam cannons would go right through it, causing only minimal damage to the unshifted portions. Since their weapons had no effect, the captain of the Deimos class corvette decided to ram the Iceni:
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Now thats a sticky situation :D

Offline Nx

Great, it seems the PCS2 devs found the ASE format to be unreliable, and I've been using it to get the model from max into truespace. F***
Off to find a different format that will work...
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Sorry, too lazy to look through 20 pages to see if this has already been posted...
I doubt it's a software program. It was stated ingame that an etak device was being built on the iceni.
Do you know what the process of writing and compiling a computer program is often called?  "Building".  I personally still think ETAK is a physical device.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline blowfish

I would agree that modulating quantum pulses would take some sort of hardware, but did you really have to bump this thread just to say that?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I don't think a normal ship's comm can modulate quantum pulses. Whatever those things may be.
--
Something on topic:
Really...this HTL Iceni's been going for a bit. is it alive and well? or Dead?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
but did you really have to bump this thread just to say that?

10 days isn't much of a bump. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta