Author Topic: Lambda Shuttle WIP  (Read 23427 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Its Saturnalia...

In August!  Hail Cesar!
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
If only I could model stuff like that.

*Distant look*

Anyway, nice work! :yes:
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
[Palpatine voice]Goooooooood.[/Palpatine voice]
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Suggestion: The B-Wing topic here at HLP suggested actually having the wings be subsystems. Perhaps the same could be done with this, seeing as how both the B-Wing and Lambda shuttle wings merely fold into the craft. Keep in touch with some of the guys over there.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
He is, we all hang out and drink every weekend.

But seriously, we're all on IRC mostly.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Axem

Yes we do. :p I do have a fair amount of experience with the subobject animation code, and the moving parts of the Lambda are half the reason I chose it. I'm hoping we get more animation triggers (like arrival, sexp triggered), but at the very least, the Lambda will get animation for docking.

Where's the docking port on a Lambda-class shuttle?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
My guess would be on the bottom of the hull, it's the largest flat surface.  That or under the head but it'd be more awkward.  It may require a hangar though, I don't know.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Shade

Would make sense to include one either way. Still need a dock point for, say, boarding craft to pretend cutting through the hull in an entirely innocuous manner.

[Edit] Fixed because chief has a dirty, dirty mind :p
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 12:24:52 am by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
For some reason that second sentence sounded dirty in my head.

Offline Shade

There, fixed it for you.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
If i recall from ye old Xwing and TIE Fighter (emphasis on the and not vs)  when the Lamb would roll up and tractor you in it would haul your EVed body into an airlock on the bottom.  Id also check some of the Wraith Squadron books.  When Myn Donos shoots the bomb trigger with his sniper rifle in Iron Fist or when and EV Kell Tainer gets picked up during the Implacable fight come to mind.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

It makes sense, most of these ships should have an airlock docking port somewhere on the body. You can't always land inside a Star Destroyer docking bay.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There, fixed it for you.

Just out of... Curiosity, what did it originally say? :nervous:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Yea I wnt to knoww as well. ;) :nervous:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Yea I wnt to knoww as well. ;) :nervous:

Seconded.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I don't remember the specifics, but it was something along the lines of coupling and insertion...

Offline Shade

Not even that bad ;) All I said was you still needed a docking point for a boarding craft to, here it comes... "do its thing". See? It may have been open to *some* making fun of, but his dirty mind twists it beyond all reason :p

Offline Axem

Four Months Later...

After finding a new batch of refs, finding a job, buying a new computer and playing TF2 day and night, Axem decides to finish the Lambda. Maybe once and for all.

Until he finds better refs.

Excuse the poor rendering, its the best I have right now. :(

Enjoy the detail, its all gonna get stripped for the ingame model. :p I like greebling, even if it won't make it to the ingame model. Though it may help with creating a normal map. Who knows?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
[borat]In my country they would pay a lot of money your ship.  (Looks at you-know-who's 'fighter')  His, not so much.[/borat]