Author Topic: RELEASE: Steadfast Mission Dump  (Read 32328 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Temporary Steadfast Discussion thread
It has been damaged when it was en route to Stable Station, where all civilian vessels are regrouping and where the Steadfast is directed.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

my post was meant to draw the attention away from the campaign "secret" plot. it was an invitation to HLP members to discuss the possible reasons for the barnard being damaged, not for you (LGM) to explain it... i'm sure you know the story...
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well it was pretty obvious the AP attacked it?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
A civilian vessel is always a prefect target.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Dysko

The Steadfast is a standard Telemus carrier, with textures replaced using ModelView. It's not a "serious" reskin, it's just to give it a more GTVA-esque look. This means there may be some textures that don't look good.

That mission is still not grammar checked, but don't worry, we have 4 grammar checkers, so  there shouldn't be any grammar errors in the final release. :)

And the campaign is long, very long. Episode 1 has 25 missions, Episode 2 has a similar number of missions, but Episode 3 should have much more missions (still not planned how many). We have planned also other 3-4 episodes, but there is only a basic plot of these.

You'll encounter Shivans, Ancients, Nightmares, Kilrathis, Vorlons, Cylons, Ewoks, Romulans and... uh... wait... I think I exaggerated... :lol:
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Snail

• SC 5
By "not serious" do you mean place holder, or meant to look stupid?

Offline Dysko

It's not meant to look stupid, it's simply that we haven't the skill to do a good reskin.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
And that's provvisory....
The Lightblue Ribbon

Excellent. we post screenshots with grammar errors!! Well, everybody, please forgive us (ehm, forgive me, since those errors are my fault), and don't worry, our grammar testers are very good.

Episode 3 should have much more missions (still not planned how many).

Really? I only reached 13.
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline Dysko

Well, when I gave you the basic plot for scripting missions you said "OMG!!! This episode will be extra long!!!" :p

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Grammar errors...I can't see them.

<everyone says: OF COURSE!>
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Will Steadfast include FS Open features like ballistic primaries or separate loadout for certain banks?
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Nuclear1

Excellent. we post screenshots with grammar errors!!

Oh, but it provides all sorts of comic relief when read with a thick accent:

"Go-a to-a the Hell-a, Beta 3.  Our engines vill explode in few meenits time, eef a-no-a-body repairs a-dem."

Followed shortly by Beta 3: "Aye, it must-a be-a good-a heat-a cook-a pasta, ya?" :lol:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Dysko

@Qwer: the first episode will not feature ballistic weapons or bank-specific payloads, but I'm already tabling some fancy weapons for the following episodes. I don't know if I'll be able to do a nice primary figtherflak, but surely flak will be mounted on bomber turrets ;7

@nuclear1: Whada ya sayinga? (uhma... I'ma nota surea ifa "italianizeda" englisha isa reallya likea thata, buta anywaya..) :lol:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
@Qwer: There's something in the works for one of the last episodes.

@nucrear1: I hate pasta.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
@Qwer: the first episode will not feature ballistic weapons or bank-specific payloads, but I'm already tabling some fancy weapons for the following episodes. I don't know if I'll be able to do a nice primary figtherflak, but surely flak will be mounted on bomber turrets ;7

[takashi]if its not 3d then it probably looks super-crap[/takashi]

(sorry, taka, couldn't resist!) ^^;

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
:P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Say one bank is small and can only fit Tempests in it. You do not let it carry the Cyclops. The other bank is bigger. You let that one have the Cyclops. What's so strange about that?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Actually, bank-specific loadouts are an SCP feature.  It allows the moders to limit what kind of weapons can be carried in specific banks.  For example, if you have a smaller missile bank on a bomber, the moder may want to restrict the player from being able to mount bombs in that bay, instead allowing the player to chose anti-fighter and defensive weapons.  The larger banks would allow the player to mount bombs, but perhaps not lighter missiles.  You cannot do this with retail FS2 or FS1.  The same thing can be done with primary banks.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Dysko

Probably the weapons I'm (trying to) working on will be bank-specific. You'll almost surely see fighterbeams on some fighters, and most probably many ballistic weapons, but not in the first chapter (it's 50% complete, so we can't add these things now).