Author Topic: HLP YouTube channel  (Read 26307 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi all. I forgot to mention it, but all 8 of the transcend videos are up on the HLP YouTube channel. :-)

Going forward the admins will need to allow individual members to upload their own videos. Each of the transcend videos took several hours to upload and process, and my PC isn't beefy enough to do that and multi-task anything more complicated than a word doc. I simply cannot afford to have my PC's resources being hogged for that amount of time. Secondly, I should be starting a new job soon too, so I will no longer be working from home, and I am loathe to leave my PC running all day when I am not there.

I'm sure everyone here is responsible enough to upload only what is appropriate :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

I'm sure everyone here is responsible enough to upload only what is appropriate :-)

Hopefully~

... isn't WoD supposed to have some... questionable content? ;)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
... isn't WoD supposed to have some... questionable content? ;)

Thanks to how Spoon set up the release, it shouldn't be hard to set-up a "clean" recording that doesn't violate any YouTube's content policies.

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
As for the time required - For my channel I am uploading .mp4s because that's what the came-with-drivers NVidia tool puts out - those YouTube processes itself, and in about 10 minutes a piece. For what I see in the previous posts the Transcendent-stuff was in .mov; which isn't exactly a portable format AFAIK.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

As for the time required - For my channel I am uploading .mp4s because that's what the came-with-drivers NVidia tool puts out - those YouTube processes itself, and in about 10 minutes a piece. For what I see in the previous posts the Transcendent-stuff was in .mov; which isn't exactly a portable format AFAIK.

This is correct. I rendered the videos using H.264 master quality for minimal compression. Using a heavier compression encoding would substantially reduce file size.

I didn't want to sacrifice visual quality though, which is why I opted for the H.264 (and yes, I am aware some of that fidelity was lost anyway to YT compression).

I think Iain has the right idea moving forward with allowing individuals to upload their own videos.