Author Topic: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)  (Read 115534 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
And I'd set it up except that it seems my password isn't working either. I guess I'll have to PM for a password too! :p

EDIT: Okay, emails have been sent to email address used for HLP registrations those who requested access. Once you've registered tell me and I'll grant those accounts access.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:05:10 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
I need help in getting this setup to play test The Babylon Project.  I have SVN registered and created the R:/games folder. All the files have downloaded under R:/games/tbp folder.  How do I run the game now?

Ok I figured this out. I extracted the current nightly build into the tpb folder along with the trackir dll's and now Raider Wars will run without errors.  Now to find time to play around now that it is summer.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
EDIT: Okay, emails have been sent to email address used for HLP registrations those who requested access. Once you've registered tell me and I'll grant those accounts access.

Oh, that's where you send it .... *opens that e-mail-adress, gets drowned in flood of unopened Notifications and Newsletters*

Thanks.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Hehe. I know the feeling. You should have access now.

Anyone else trying this out that use a joystick? I was not able to get mine working and it works in FSO as well as the older Babylon Project.

I ran a debug session for a working FSO profile where the joystick works fine and then a debug for the TBP test.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Anyone have any ideas as to why this doesn't work?

Offline m!m

It's probably caused by different SDL versions for the two executables you are using. You could try copying SDL2.dll from your FSO install to the TBP install and see if that changes anything.

That worked!! Not sure why the SDL that came with the nightly build didn't work.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
*embarassed shuffle* I seem to have misplaced the repository URL... Would some be so kind as to PM it me please?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Done.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
So, is this project a 'Go' then? If so it would make many people very happy  :nod:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

I was granted access to the code and have played through the first mission of Raider Wars.  I think they are looking for more people to help test all the missions so it can be packaged and released to Knossos. It is running on the latest build of FSO and looks pretty nice. Not as good as FSO with the updated graphics but better with FSO 3.8.x and using Reshade. 

I will get back to it in the fall as we travel a lot now being retired and having daughters in two different states in opposite directions.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It's definitely on-going. In fact, I spent quite a bit of time last week getting the files into a state where I can think about uploading them to Knossos. I just need to test I didn't screw anything up when I did it and then I'll upload to Knossos.

Offline wesp5

In fact, I spent quite a bit of time last week getting the files into a state where I can think about uploading them to Knossos.

What is this Knossos? I thought it was just a launcher, is it used to download and install mods as well? Where do we get it?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline wesp5

Have a look at this thread: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94068.0

Wow, that looks like a very impressive thing for the FSO mod community, but is it the right launcher for a standalone game like The Babylon Project? At least it should be possible to at first only show TBP to not confuse new users with the multitude of other FSO mods...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It's pretty easy to link directly to TBP so that Knossos will download TBP.

On top of that, when Fate of the Galaxy or Diaspora release, it would be stupid to not be able to grab a few extra users just by having a TBP link in Knossos.

Finally, Knossos is the direction the rest of the SCP is heading in. If we're not going to use Knossos we might as well give up. Any TBP release without Knossos would be hopelessly out of date within a few months.

Offline wesp5

If we're not going to use Knossos we might as well give up.

That's not what I meant. I meant if it is possible to have Knossos come up with only TBP at first and maybe another page to link to all the other mods...