Author Topic: New Interplay site is up  (Read 22769 times)

Offline fener

New Interplay site is up
Just in case anyone missed it.  :)

http://www.interplay.com/about/article.php?id=24

BEVERLY HILLS, CA, Setember 22, 2008 – Interplay Entertainment Corp. (OTC BB:IPLY) announced today the launch of an all-new web site at www.interplay.com.

The site, developed over the last several months, is designed to improve the company’s communication with customers, investors, and partners.  The new site includes forums based on past and future Interplay games, a customer support section, detailed information on the company and its products, and much more.

The company also announced that Chris Taylor, a game designer who was a part of the original Fallout game development team at Interplay in 1994, has rejoined the company. Taylor will serve as Lead System Designer for “Project V13,” the working title of Interplay’s next generation Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMO) currently in development. Taylor joins other original Fallout team members on staff at Interplay’s internal game studio, which recently opened an office in Irvine, Calif. Additional development staff members continue to be hired as the project ramps-up.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Re: New Interplay site is up
"Project V[ault] 13," eh?

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Well, I registered.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities

So, what is this thing ^?

It's no ship I recognise.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Looks like the bastard child of an Orion and the original BSG....

Maybe it's something to do with the IP being the property of Volition, they can't create any artwork with the actual ships on it or something? Weird....

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
FreeSpace 3 the MMO game 2008 C TM ?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That is both appalling and intriguing...

To be honest, the genre of Space-based MMO is pretty much full now, though, if they could somehow make it first-person....

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
That is both appalling and intriguing...

To be honest, the genre of Space-based MMO is pretty much full now, though, if they could somehow make it first-person....

Done.

----------

It's going to be a Fallout em-em-oh, you know.

Just in case anyone missed it.  :)

http://www.interplay.com/about/article.php?id=24

The company also announced that Chris Taylor, a game designer who was a part of the original Fallout game development team at Interplay in 1994, has rejoined the company. Taylor will serve as Lead System Designer for “Project V13,” the working title of Interplay’s next generation Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMO) currently in development.
"Project V[ault] 13," eh?

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
A lot of the images are quite weird. Also, apparently Interplay had something to do with BC3000AD?

Edit: "It's nu-kya-ler.... nu-kya-ler."

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:35:35 am by Aardwolf »

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
it's not really my cup of tea to say the least, i have seen these fallout based mmorpg's and the only one that stands out is etherlands 3 or exile.

if bc3000ad had something to do with interplay does that mean derek smart has a legitimate claim to freespace 2 after all?  :lol:
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
A lot of the images are quite weird. Also, apparently Interplay had something to do with BC3000AD?
DS and interplay made some kind of deal for the publishing of the game.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It's interesting that they see Descent as one of their major franchises and have given it its own section on the site. I wonder why D3 is not on there though.

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
was d3 any good?
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

IMHO, D3 was very meh. Graphics style was completely changed, and I always thought it looked much worse. All the awesome weapons were made weak and the new weapons were underwhelming. Kudos for trying to work in a story, but the story-based "missions" were rather poorly executed, and it was much more puzzle-intensive. Gameplay from previous games was really turned on its head.

All of this adds up to: not a Descent game.

I never did play the multiplayer, so I won't pass judgement on that. It must be pretty good since there's still a community about it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I always enjoyed D3's singleplayer as a whole more than that of the previous two games, even if those provided what might be considered a more intense experience.  D3's attempts at creating a storyline-based game left a lot to be desired, but at least it let you do more than the endless "find keys/blow reactor/run to exit/repeat ad nauseam" cycle of the earlier titles.  I personally felt like the multiplayer was much more fast-paced too (well, at least more so than D2's, since I haven't yet made it into a D1 multiplayer match), and the addition of new game modes added some welcome variety.  It all comes down to personal preference in the end.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project

Looks like the bastard child of an Orion and the original BSG....

Maybe it's something to do with the IP being the property of Volition, they can't create any artwork with the actual ships on it or something? Weird....

Eh? That's an EAC Eclipse from Inferno R1! :eek2:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki

Eh? That's an EAC Eclipse from Inferno R1! :eek2:

HOLY CRAPOLA.

Wow. Interplay posting HLP mods in their promo art?

That's a first. I think we've gone legit.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
was d3 any good?

I thought D3 was much better than D2 in most respects. The singleplayer component was far more interesting than the key/reactor/exit routine of the previous games (which was fine for its time but had gotten a bit old by 1999), with a nice variety of levels and superior enemy AI that is still better than what most modern FPSs have. The story was weak, but still better than that of D2. The multiplayer was better as well, with greatly improved weapon balance (not perfect, but much better than D2) and some fairly innovative gameplay types. I played it a lot in the months following its release and the monsterball games are still some of the most fun I've had in any online game.

I did have some gripes against the game, but they were relatively small things like the lack of music in multiplayer and the lack of a different hit effect when you hit an enemy (D2 had the small explosions). The ship controls also felt a bit different and more twitchy than D2, although I got used to this quickly. The various countermeasures were pretty useless as well and didn't add much to the game.

The one big thing D2 had over D3 though was a much more active mod/mission community, even for its time. There were numerous fanmade missions that easily surpassed the original Parallax ones, but D3 never had much beyond some multiplayer maps.

Eh? That's an EAC Eclipse from Inferno R1!

Wow. So apparently someone there knows about HLP and has followed the work we've done.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
HOLY CRAPOLA.

Wow. Interplay posting HLP mods in their promo art?

That's a first. I think we've gone legit.

Wow. So apparently someone there knows about HLP and has followed the work we've done.

So we can all assume that Inferno is now canon? :D :p

j/k

Meh to the EA textures, there are better ones now.

Do their pics represent other fan made stuff, anyway?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I registered and posted a welcome thread in the Freespace forum.

http://www.interplay.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=67

Took too long in typing it and was beaten to First Thread by a minute or so. :doubt:

Can everyone do us a favor and not mention Turey's installer on there? Yes, it's the easiest way to get mods, media VPs and campaigns installed... but you can also get the retail FS2 data from there, and I don't think the Powers That Be would be pleased with that.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...