Author Topic: I Realize You Get This A Lot...  (Read 22698 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Re: I Realize You Get This A Lot...
There is no Raa. There is only Taristin under a false alias.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Can I do anything to help Machina Terra along, because right now I have a lot of free time (finished exams, yay :D). Although I initially re-commenced with one of my ancient projects, due to an evil table error, it's not going to be moving any where soon. Since Machina Terra was one of my favourite campaigns (I used to visit a lot but stopped when I realized that release wasn't on the horizon), I was hoping I could to something to help. What do you need? I've got a bit of experience with FREDding, TBL editing (unless that phantom error comes up again) and making briefing icons (see my work in the INF Forum under the eyecandy thread, but be warned I can't make working .ani files). If you want an evaluation mission, see the attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Missing testing, fredding and dialogue writing. Got any work you've done to send as portfolio?
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Um... Yeah, FREDding proof is in the attachment above (EEEK I forgot the debriefing  :eek: )

Dialogue writing as in Command Briefing, Tech Descriptions, or in-game stuff?

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Dialogue writing as in Command Briefing, Tech Descriptions, or in-game stuff?

all of them:p,

anyway going to check your mission later today :)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That can't be too hard.  :nervous:

Can it?

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
I'll check it when I get back after the weekend. You already fill the first requirement, since your nickname starts with an "S", so it shouldn't be much of a problem. We're needing some help, no-one already on the team has been able to work much lately.
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
You already fill the first requirement, since your nickname starts with an "S"

:nervous:

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
You already fill the first requirement, since your nickname starts with an "S"

:nervous:

so go and change your nick to Sarastin ^_^

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What about your name?  :wtf:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
He used to be called "silver dracon".

Offline Nuclear1

I'll check it when I get back after the weekend. You already fill the first requirement, since your nickname starts with an "S", so it shouldn't be much of a problem. We're needing some help, no-one already on the team has been able to work much lately.

Discrimination! I calls discrimination!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

And there has been a time in the past, where a certain staff member used to have a nickname beginning with Snip...
Sorry for coming up with with again  :D

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
2 Nicks, actually. er997 and es. But I think I ripped the former off of someone else at one point or another. :nervous:

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
What about your name?  :wtf:

I'm member of cult of true HiG i'm the builder of that cult and only member:P
but it's true i was once called *silver dracon*but that's ancient history

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
*lightbulb*

Hey, maybe I could join MT!  At one point I went by "Sesquipedalian". :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'm confused...  :confused:

I thought Sesquipedalian was well... Sesquipedalian. Or is this somekind of sick joke on the n00b?  :(

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'm confused...  :confused:

I thought Sesquipedalian was well... Sesquipedalian. Or is this somekind of sick joke on the n00b?  :(

Well, Sesquipedalian and I are never around at the same time, are we? :D

No, actually, shortly before I joined HLP, I had to pick an internet handle and I picked "Sesquipedalian", for exactly the same reasons that our Sesquipedalian did.  And then Sesquipedalian and I registered here and at the VWBB at almost exactly the same time -- three days apart to be exact (check our registration dates).  The funny thing was, Sesquipedalian registered here first, and I registered at the VWBB first, so there were two different Sesquipedalians in the FreeSpace community.  Then Sesquipedalian registered at the VWBB as Sesquipedalian!, causing even more confusion. :D

Apparently Sesquipedalian had been using his handle for longer than I had, maybe at the VBB or somewhere, so he and I had a chat and I decided to change my username to Goober5000, both here and at the VWBB.  I've been Goober5000 ever since. :)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
How did you come up with the name Goober5000?  And what happened to your characteristic "Grammar Inquisition" tag?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I like 'Real FREDders use notepad' better though  :lol:.