Author Topic: Relase date ETA?  (Read 5091 times)

You have probably been asked this a hundred times already, but can anyone give us a ETA on the relase of Machina Terra?
"We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean.
We are ready to set sail towards the stars
" --- Carl Sagan, Cosmos.
----
Member of the Noctis IV and Orbiter communities;
Visit Noctis
Visit Orbiter

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
One day, everyone will learn the meaninglessness of release dates and ignore them all together.

A release date is relevant within a couple of weeks of release.  I'm not terribly involved with MT, but in the capacity that I am indicates that MT is not within a couple of weeks of release and that it will take quite a bit more time to complete.

The best ETA that I, Styxx, or anyone else on the MT team could give you would be between now and before the sun explodes in several billion years.

Now when its the other way around an I'm the fan and the other person is the developer, asking for a release date usually means how are you guys doing on the project.  Again, I think its going well but I'll let Styxx say as little or as much as he wants.

Be paitent and wait to see what these guys can deliver :)  They will tell you when they know.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
What IceFire said is the complete truth: unfortunately, we can't give a release date right now. There's too many things that must be done, and we cannot have a precise idea of the time such things will require.

If you want an idea of the status of the project, feel safe that we are working as fast as we can. Most work on mods has been done (only a couple of ships have to be converted, and a few more need the final skins), and we're getting the mission work back on track now that our lead mission designer is back, and we got a bit more of outside help. The main problem lately has been the website itself - we're having problems to update it, but alternatives are already being studied.

When we can, we'll inform you of a release date. Until then... well, we'll try to keep you informed in the best way we can. :)

- This was posted by Styxx, because he still hasn't learned how to log off my account. :o
« Last Edit: April 21, 2002, 12:51:17 pm by 155 »

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
hi ice :)

now well you can't give relees dates then tell us what the % is done and the time it took so everyone can calculate on their own :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Levyathan
- This was posted by Styxx, because he still hasn't learned how to log off my account. :o  

Hm, er... ops. :p
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by IceFire
One day, everyone will learn the meaninglessness of release dates and ignore them all together.

A release date is relevant within a couple of weeks of release.  I'm not terribly involved with MT, but in the capacity that I am indicates that MT is not within a couple of weeks of release and that it will take quite a bit more time to complete.

The best ETA that I, Styxx, or anyone else on the MT team could give you would be between now and before the sun explodes in several billion years.

Now when its the other way around an I'm the fan and the other person is the developer, asking for a release date usually means how are you guys doing on the project.  Again, I think its going well but I'll let Styxx say as little or as much as he wants.

Be patient and wait to see what these guys can deliver :)  They will tell you when they know.

Ice knows what he's on about. Listen to him. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior

That's pretty tight for a deadline
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
ice always gives such exact releese dates like "it's done when it's done" "it will be done between now and when the sun explodes" ETC.ETC. :D
I hate My signature!

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
Originally posted by Ashrak
ice always gives such exact releese dates like "it's done when it's done" "it will be done between now and when the sun explodes" ETC.ETC. :D

true but that still leaves the MT team with only 4.5 billion years... not exactly a large amount of time you know

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I think IceFire also forgot to mention that the MT team does have their own interstellar cruiser so they could escape when the sun turns into a red giant.  They need about 70 billion years, then the universe will end.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
Originally posted by PhReAk
I think IceFire also forgot to mention that the MT team does have their own interstellar cruiser so they could escape when the sun turns into a red giant.  They need about 70 billion years, then the universe will end.

only if the more recent research proves incorrect...

if that research is correct the universe will go on forever, but i'll die a cold death (no more free energy)

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
The universe cannot end, even if there is the big crush, something will survive.
Got Ether?

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Work is progressing on a sophisticated AI which will complete MT in record time.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
The universe cannot end, even if there is the big crush, something will survive.

Its called 'particle fizz'.
- IceFire

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
Originally posted by Styxx
we got a bit more of outside help.

Hiya Everybody! :D

:nod:

[incidentally, post 100. If this were the VBB I'd be a member now!]

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Instead you are known as BWO FRED dude :)
- IceFire

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
Instead you are known as BWO FRED dude :)

Now how's that for punisment?! :p :D

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
Originally posted by Crazy_Ivan80

Now how's that for punisment?! :p :D

Every moment is like torture. :rolleyes:

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
I used to commorate my 100th posts etc, but after i while i got bored doing it.
Got Ether?

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
Yeah, like you didn't say two days ago "I'm nearly at 2700". :D