Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269923 times)

...now the machine-gun doesn't do much damage. Never will... but it fires pretty darn fast, has plenty of ammo and each and every hit on an exposed area has a chance to knock something out.

No it doesn't, because items have hitpoints (10 per), it still makes MGs useless. Even with every bullet hitting for 3x (internal hits can do 1/2/3x dmg) it takes 83 MG rounds to knock out a single untouched item.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
And strap 6 MGs to a Spider each with a ROF of ~25 rounds/second and what do we have?  Mech swiss cheese.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

And strap 6 MGs to a Spider each with a ROF of ~25 rounds/second and what do we have?  Mech swiss cheese.

The Spider or its target?

The spider :D

And Mr. Spidey only gets 4MGs, so while that might* work on a 'nothing but an AC20' torso on an Atlas**, the guns are useless against a crit-packed torso that doesn't have a big single item to take all of the hits.

*supposing my couldn't-be-bothered-to-check dmg rate for MGs was right (0.04/shot)

** supposing here that when you're sitting there plunking away, he laughs so hard he can't aim to blow the spider in half :p

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Some news from No Guts No Galaxy (unless you listened):

1. Trebuchet to be released later this month.

2. TWO new maps (as in not night conversions)! One of them's Alpine something, the other is to be a desert-like area.

3. PPCs will be able to counteract ECM. (One burst = ECM brought offline for a five second window.)

4. Artemis FCS will receive a buff (the specifics I don't know, I wasn't able to listen to that part).

Unrelated, I said "screw it" with my Shortcat, I'm sticking to one of my AccurCats (2LL/2ML/2 Streak-2 or 3LL/2 Streak-2). Does quite some damage, but I prefer using range more often (I don't use it for bread and butter damage, I use it for "surgical debuffing"). Strangely, I tend to find myself killing Cataphracts more often than not for some reason...
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

4. Artemis FCS will receive a buff (the specifics I don't know, I wasn't able to listen to that part).

I think this is the Artemis change Or else its just a hypnotically purdy video. :p

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
So... "Pretty Baby" ... lamest name for an awesome ever. Also, featuring a "I'm a wanker! SHOOT ME NOW!" paintjob. might as well just have a neon sign hovering over it.

also... "MASSIVE BIG FPS IMPROVEMENTS!" my ass. dropping settings to low helped push the game over 60 fps hilariously. with medium settings i get a ****ing 12-15fps slideshow.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
with medium settings i get a ****ing 12-15fps slideshow.

Have you considered getting a card that does not suck?

Mine's over five years old and runs the game at medium and high settings gloriously fine.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

Mine's over five years old and runs the game at medium and high settings gloriously fine.
my gtx 260 is not that old and it runs pretty much everything but this just fine.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Mikes

my gtx 260 is not that old and it runs pretty much everything but this just fine.

Mh... actually it is that old and was only a midrange card to begin with. It will still run less demanding games, but recent games that actually make use of recent hardware...  don't expect miracles.

Even looking at an older Benchmark like 3dmark 2006 the Geforce260 sits at a score of about 8000, while a modern highend card like the HD7970 comes in at about 25.000. In newer benchmarks it will likely get worse. Furthermore...  your 260 probably has a pitiful amount of video memory compared to modern cards which means that modern games that actually need that memory will just run terrible.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:36:11 am by Mikes »

Cryengine3 has ****ty ****ty ****ty cpu optimization on dx9, so that's probably what is killing your fps. When/If they ever do dx11, performance should not suck for everyone with a half-way modern computer. And it doesn't even mean you have a bad cpu either, I get the same frame rate on an i5 as an otherwise much weaker fx4100, same res, same gpu :nono:

As for this patch. K2. 4LPL. 300xl. Nom Nom Nom.  :lol:

And Pretty Baby is the ****. 90kph. erppc, 2mpl, 3srm4. zoom zoom pew pew zoom zoom. and that torso twist range is delicious.

Free premium day offered to everyone, this weekend.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken